COMPLETE [Solo] Framley Parsonage by Anthony Trollope-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Hi

The BBC did broadcast a (much abridged) readng by Barack Obama of The Promised Land and I agree with you about his reading. But I wanted to read the whole book, so I asked for it from my brother-in-law for Christmas (my poor brother-in-law, who is a retired vicar, and who was my friend at Cambridge, which is how I came to meet his sister Helen, now my wife)

Here is the next chapter - two to go after this!

Trollope is clearly tying all the loose threads together now.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/framleyparsonage_46_trollope_128kb.mp3 37:18.5

Keep safe
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Chapter 36 is marked PL OK. Hard to imagine we're almost done.
Arlene
---------------------------------------------
Every day is a new adventure!
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Hi

Here is the penultimate chapter

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/framleyparsonage_47_trollope_128kb.mp3 27:19.1

I hope it is ok; I just noticed that the export as an MP3 said it was being exported with an insane preset. Any idea what that might mean? I haven't changed the settings at all, although I did download the latest Audacity version.

On another point, our local primary school is asking for help recording for their on-line library. They want to have a video showing the page being read. Ideally I would like to add a video to the MP3 export from Audacity, rather than recording on my phone. Any idea if that is possible, and if so, how it is done?
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

I'll check the recording tonight.

To answer your other question, we combine video from our phones and audio from audacity every week in this COVID time. But it's music, and so easier to do. We record the audio first, and do all our editing to get the sound just right. Then we record the video, singing along with the audio. It usually takes several recordings to get the synchronization perfect. But we don't have to worry about how we sound on the video--we only have to concentrate on how we look, and the synchronization. Then we use iMovie to merge the audio and video. First we synchronize the voices in the video and audacity recordings so they are singing together, and then we mute the the audio track on the video recording, leaving the audio from audacity. It's essentially electronic lip-syncing and never absolutely perfect. I would think that recording a reading separately would be difficult to do, as you would have to try to sync your mouth movements to the recording.

The other way to do it is to record your video (with audio) with your phone, and then open the video file with audacity. It will strip off the audio, and you can edit it to remove background noise, silence breathing noise, change volume of selections etc. You won't be able to remove any sections, or add any, because when you merge it back with the video, all of the audio has to be in the same place to match the mouth movements. We use iMovie to merge the video and audio back together, but there are other software programs for Windows. I haven't used any of them.

This isn't the best way to go about this. It would be better just to have the one video recording with sophisticated enough software (and knowledge) to do the editing of the audio and the video together. But, like you, audacity is what I know, iMovie doesn't have sophisticated audio editing, and we keep hoping this activity is temporary.
Arlene
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

The reading for Chapter 47 is great as always, but the bitrate on Audacity needs to be set to 128 kbps. This doesn't affect the original recording, but only the export of it to mp3.
Arlene
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Hi

Now I understand the "insane" reference.

I hope that this is now ok

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/framleyparsonage_47_trollope_128kb.mp3

The school has an expert who will incorporate the pictures for my recordings. Thanks so much for your help, and the wonderful link.
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Checker is throwing two errors on Chapter 47 now. It continues to throw the "The bit rate should be 128 kbps" error, but now also throws "The recording should use a constant bit rate rather than variable bit rate (VBR)."

I double-checked Chapter 46, and it passes the checks.
Arlene
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Yes, this one looks great in the Checker. No need to apologize. I need to do something occasionally to earn my keep, besides enjoying your reading!
Arlene
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Hi

Here, at last, is the final chapter. Sorry it took me a while, but other things I had to deal with got in the way.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/framleyparsonage_48_trollope_128kb.mp3

30:59.9

I hope all continues well with you.

We are beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel - I hope not a train coming the other way!

We should be able to go sailing at the beginning of April - weather permitting!

At present we are able to walk on golf courses - that will stop at the same time! No more deer, pheasants and squirrels in the morning!

Are you happy to go on with the next in the series - - The Small House at Allington?

And are you, Maryann, willing to carry on?

Blessings

Nick
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Absolutely, I'm willing to go on! The Small House at Allington was my introduction to Trollope, so it has a special place in my heart.
Arlene
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

The last chapter has been marked PL OK.

I can't help but think how different the world was when we began this book. It does begin to feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel. With most of the older people in my circle of friends and family now vaccinated, small things we used to consider normal are creeping in. It feels good.
Arlene
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Excellent! I will start cataloging.

I'd love to work with you on the next one. Just put my name in the title when you post it on the launch pad and let me know it's ready.

Thanks!

MaryAnn
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Brilliant.

Thank you

Nick
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/framley-parsonage-by-anthony-trollope-2/