[COMPLETE]World's Story 7: Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: August 9th, 2019, 3:18 pm Here are two of my sections, the last one is coming soon!
thank you, Foon :9: will PL this afternoon.

Also, since I have not heard back from the new reader for Section 5, I assigned it to myself, to get this project completed.

What we still need:

> PL Sections 19 and 31
> corrections for Sections 6 and 54 (idcmate and dudescott)
> recordings for Sections 5, 10 and 18 (me, Foon and bokeh)

It would be great if we could give this final push a priority, if possible :D

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

I will do my best to get it asap (recording priority #1 right now!), but, if you'd like to get it completed sooner, I'm fine if you or someone else wants to record it in the mean time. I claimed it because I thought I could have a quick turnaround on it, but as it turns out, I couldn't :oops:
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: August 10th, 2019, 5:52 am I will do my best to get it asap (recording priority #1 right now!), but, if you'd like to get it completed sooner, I'm fine if you or someone else wants to record it in the mean time. I claimed it because I thought I could have a quick turnaround on it, but as it turns out, I couldn't :oops:
for the moment it's ok for me if you keep it. I haven't heard back from the other three readers yet, so we are not finished yet. No need to stress.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Foon, both sections PL ok. :) I already knew about Voltaire at the court of Frederic and now I know why he fell into disgrace :lol:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Jim, here he can find out all about Arminius and the famous battle of the Teutoburger Forest :) an interesting chapter:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume07_005_tappan_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 5:55 min.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Section 5 is perfectly PL OK! Almost there! :clap:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: August 11th, 2019, 10:19 amSection 5 is perfectly PL OK! Almost there! :clap:
thank you, Jim :)

yes only two recordings and two corrections. Let's hope I hear back from the readers soon. Some of them are a bit missing in action right now and I tried to contact them via PM.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

If you need help, I can do.
Foon

Post by Foon »

Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

copy/pasting this post from Volume08 here in the correct thread:
idcmate wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume08_006_tappan_128kb.mp3
Alright, the issues should be fixed! Sorry for the wait.
9:19
thank you Christina, this is now Spot PL ok. :thumbs: I changed the filename to the correct volume07, so all is fine now.

@Foon: thank you so much for your last section, will PL this afternoon !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: August 13th, 2019, 12:49 pm Here is section 10:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume07_010_tappan_128kb.mp3
well Barbarossa was not really a nice guy :( I tried to check on wikipedia, but could find nothing that he married this Mathilda, so I guess she won in the end ;)

Excellent, dramatic reading, I was really absorbed in this intrigues and excitement of the moment. 8-)

Only one small error:

> at 2:35: (p. 39) "she had heard the knights disputing for her person" - you say "taken" which is a change of meaning here

the rest is perfect

thanks

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Kitty wrote: August 14th, 2019, 7:22 am
Foon wrote: August 13th, 2019, 12:49 pm Here is section 10:
well Barbarossa was not really a nice guy :( I tried to check on wikipedia, but could find nothing that he married this Mathilda, so I guess she won in the end ;)

Excellent, dramatic reading, I was really absorbed in this intrigues and excitement of the moment. 8-)

Only one small error:

> at 2:35: (p. 39) "she had heard the knights disputing for her person" - you say "taken" which is a change of meaning here

the rest is perfect

thanks

Sonia
Ahhh sorry about that, I must have taken the "taken" from the line below!

Here it is with correction, duration unchanged:

Readers needed:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: August 15th, 2019, 12:24 pmAhhh sorry about that, I must have taken the "taken" from the line below!
yes I was suspecting that as well ;) it's perfectly corrected and PL ok now. Thanks, Foon for the quick turn-around.

Now we're almost done. Only 2 sections left, and I wrote a PM to both readers (bokeh and dudescott) on the 10th August. So far neither has logged on again :(

As promised, I will give Robert (bokeh) his full two months to complete his recording and editing, which will expire in 4 days (20 Aug), and likewise to Eric (dudescott) to correct his PL notes, but if I haven't heard back from either of them till next Tuesday, I fear I need to orphan the parts, so that this project won't stagnate needlessly. :?
I do hope though, that both read my PM in the next few days and give me some updates.

But Jim already offered to read any orphaned parts, so we can wrap this up soon, no matter what. :9: (thanks again, Jim) Let's hope it's not necessary in this case.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

So both readers have not logged in or contacted me since I last wrote them and so I will proceed to orphan the last two sections. :(

But Jim volunteered to take them on, so thanks again. :9: Sections 18 and 54 are all yours.

This project now is really close to the finishing line.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here are 18 and 54:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume07_018_tappan_128kb.mp3 21.80 KB

23:15

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume07_054_tappan_128kb.mp3 5.53 KB

5:53

Jim

I hope I haven't hurried these too much. I especially liked the ceremony for knighting. :D