MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: May 13th, 2019, 7:27 am Hey all,
I can indeed correct the file name when cataloging. :thumbs:
MaryAnn
Perfect. Thanks!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
DianaEve

Post by DianaEve »

I would like to read Section 2 for The Cliff-Dwellers.

Thank you,

DianaEve
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

DianaEve wrote: May 16th, 2019, 1:02 pm I would like to read Section 2 for The Cliff-Dwellers.

Thank you,

DianaEve
Great. You can have it. First, what name would you like for the catalogue? This is what all listeners can see. I can also link to a personal blog or website.
Campbell
SabaFatima91

Post by SabaFatima91 »

Hello,

I am sorry it took so long. Audacity is new to me and I have done this for the first time.
Realized it's not that easy, especially not in a house full of people and noise.
Finally completed it and would request for a time extension to correct anything that I get feedback on.
Since I had to split a lot, I could not modify or correct the voice changes properly but I did it as much as it could be understood.

Kindly, listen to it and give feedback with suggestions.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/cliffdwellers_01_fuller_128kb.mp3.mp3

Regards,
Saba Fatima
lymiewithpurpose

SabaFatima91 wrote: May 18th, 2019, 9:52 am Hello,

I am sorry it took so long. Audacity is new to me and I have done this for the first time.
Realized it's not that easy, especially not in a house full of people and noise.
Finally completed it and would request for a time extension to correct anything that I get feedback on.
Since I had to split a lot, I could not modify or correct the voice changes properly but I did it as much as it could be understood.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/cliffdwellers_01_fuller_128kb.mp3.mp3

Regards,
Saba Fatima
Thanks a lot! Chuck is our proof listener for this project, so when he finds time he will listen and give feedback. And you may definitely have an extension on any notes you may receive. Hopefully recording will just get easier from now on!
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

SabaFatima91 wrote: May 18th, 2019, 9:52 am Hello,

Regards,
Saba Fatima
Ah, I also forgot to mention, please let us know the running time when you upload. Do you know the time for this one?
Campbell
SabaFatima91

Post by SabaFatima91 »

It is around 19 minutes.
lymiewithpurpose

SabaFatima91 wrote: May 18th, 2019, 4:39 pm It is around 19 minutes.
Thanks. This time I could verify that it was uploaded fully because of the run time, next time you post something please post the exact run time.
Campbell
SabaFatima91

Post by SabaFatima91 »

Sure. I will :thumbs:
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Finished Chapter 1, which has some minor editing errors in a couple of spots:

11:20 - “sharp little nose and a pair of inquisitorial ey—“ - line clips off abruptly
18:52 - “he begged Ogden not to hurry his departu—“ - line clips off abruptly and the next line butts up against this one -- it was jolting!

There's also only three seconds of silence at the end, not five.

These are obviously beginner's errors, and I hope you won't get too discouraged by my pointing them out. Trying to edit a cohesive chapter out of a long, unedited sound file with a bunch of flubbed takes (some of which you have to re-record) can be difficult. Just try to be a little more careful when editing out errors in the future and re-listen to certain passages to make sure they're not garbaged or cut off.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
lymiewithpurpose

ChuckW wrote: May 19th, 2019, 2:30 pm
Finished Chapter 1, which has some minor editing errors in a couple of spots:

11:20 - “sharp little nose and a pair of inquisitorial ey—“ - line clips off abruptly
18:52 - “he begged Ogden not to hurry his departu—“ - line clips off abruptly and the next line butts up against this one -- it was jolting!

There's also only three seconds of silence at the end, not five.

These are obviously beginner's errors, and I hope you won't get too discouraged by my pointing them out. Trying to edit a cohesive chapter out of a long, unedited sound file with a bunch of flubbed takes (some of which you have to re-record) can be difficult. Just try to be a little more careful when editing out errors in the future and re-listen to certain passages to make sure they're not garbaged or cut off.
Thanks Chuck.
Campbell
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Chapters 5 and 6 PL OK.

EDIT: And Chapter 7 too!
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

8 and 15 PL OK.
PROJECTS
lymiewithpurpose

ChuckW wrote: May 19th, 2019, 4:17 pm 8 and 15 PL OK.
ChuckW wrote: May 19th, 2019, 3:24 pm Chapters 5 and 6 PL OK.

EDIT: And Chapter 7 too!
Thanks
Campbell