COMPLETE[PLAYS]One Act Play Collection 012 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Gosh, but this is hard work. Please tell me what should be re-done.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/rosencrantzandguildenstern_rosencrantz_gilbert.mp3
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. Hope it was fun as well? I picture myself on stage, or evem better living the scenes in real life, and let myself get swept up in the moment. In a way that real life outside of Librivox seldom lets you.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KevinS wrote: July 21st, 2019, 6:48 pm Gosh, but this is hard work. Please tell me what should be re-done.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/rosencrantzandguildenstern_rosencrantz_gilbert.mp3
was this your first dramatic endeavour ? Well, I hope that you liked it despite the "hard" work, because you actually are quite good and expressive. I liked the sober character you gave your role. He does sound a bit shifty, despite being so calm. One notices that he is not inclined to do anything good for Hamlet. :mrgreen:

you only missed one very short line ;)

> at about 1:00: (p. 355) missed line, was wrongly marked for Rol. instead of Ros.: “Eh ?

> at 6:40: the final exclamations are extremely clipped and sound a bit raspy. I understand that you were really into it by then and it sounds great the way you say it, but be careful with the volume and the clipping. The whole file is over 92 dB, and I suspect it's mainly because of the final lines.

thanks, and hopefully we'll hear more from you in drama :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: July 22nd, 2019, 4:45 amI picture myself on stage, or evem better living the scenes in real life, and let myself get swept up in the moment. In a way that real life outside of Librivox seldom lets you.
luckily you have LV to receive your regular fix of verbal abuse "on stage". Life would be so boring without your "sister", "wife", "mistress" or "servant" telling you how you should behave :mrgreen:

Sonia
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Kitty wrote: July 22nd, 2019, 5:42 am
KevinS wrote: July 21st, 2019, 6:48 pm Gosh, but this is hard work. Please tell me what should be re-done.
was this your first dramatic endeavour ? Well, I hope that you liked it despite the "hard" work, because you actually are quite good and expressive. I liked the sober character you gave your role. He does sound a bit shifty, despite being so calm. One notices that he is not inclined to do anything good for Hamlet. :mrgreen:

you only missed one very short line ;)

> at about 1:00: (p. 355) missed line, was wrongly marked for Rol. instead of Ros.: “Eh ?

> at 6:40: the final exclamations are extremely clipped and sound a bit raspy. I understand that you were really into it by then and it sounds great the way you say it, but be careful with the volume and the clipping. The whole file is over 92 dB, and I suspect it's mainly because of the final lines.

thanks, and hopefully we'll hear more from you in drama :9:

Sonia
Hahaha! I asked myself, "Who the heck is Rol.?" I'll fix these things today!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: July 22nd, 2019, 5:45 am
ToddHW wrote: July 22nd, 2019, 4:45 amI picture myself on stage, or evem better living the scenes in real life, and let myself get swept up in the moment. In a way that real life outside of Librivox seldom lets you.
luckily you have LV to receive your regular fix of verbal abuse "on stage". Life would be so boring without your "sister", "wife", "mistress" or "servant" telling you how you should behave :mrgreen:

Sonia
Yes dear. Right away dear. What was I thinking?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

yes, fixed and PL ok, thank you :) although you did not decrease the volume, it's still over 92 dB. But no need to reupload, I'll make a note for Todd, he will fiddle with the volume anyway in the editing phase.

On to the next hopefully ;)

Sonia
Fongie

Post by Fongie »

Hi guys!

Is 47. Harry Barton in First Come First Served available for claim or not? It seems to be available in the MW, but some digging through the thread looks as if it may be claimed. If it is available, I'd like to claim it. Should be able to finish it this week!

Also another general question: I thought I might be able to help out with some stage directions here, but I have not read stage directions before. If I am guessing that such a part contains: the librivox disclaimer, dramatis personae introduction, and pretty much all text that is not someone else's dialogue, would I be wrong? :P

Max
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Fongie wrote: July 31st, 2019, 10:22 am Hi guys!

Is 47. Harry Barton in First Come First Served available for claim or not? It seems to be available in the MW, but some digging through the thread looks as if it may be claimed. If it is available, I'd like to claim it. Should be able to finish it this week!
Max,

Thank you for claiming; the MW has been updated to show your claim. The part was claimed over 2 months ago and so that claim has been removed (see "Is there a deadline" in the first post).
Also another general question: I thought I might be able to help out with some stage directions here, but I have not read stage directions before. If I am guessing that such a part contains: the librivox disclaimer, dramatis personae introduction, and pretty much all text that is not someone else's dialogue, would I be wrong? :P

Max
That is the general idea. Also, there are times when you will need to include the character's name with an action if it is not obvious who the action belongs to. You can listen to a few plays to get a better idea of what to include and how to do it. When in doubt, ask.

David O
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Here is a link to some instructive comments I made recently for the stage directions being read for a three act play. They might prove helpful here too.

viewtopic.php?p=1613728#p1613728

Thanks, Todd
Fongie

Post by Fongie »

ToddHW wrote: July 31st, 2019, 2:20 pm Here is a link to some instructive comments I made recently for the stage directions being read for a three act play. They might prove helpful here too.

viewtopic.php?p=1613728#p1613728

Thanks, Todd
Thanks! That post could be stickied!
dlolso21 wrote: July 31st, 2019, 11:57 am
Fongie wrote: July 31st, 2019, 10:22 am Hi guys!

Max,

Thank you for claiming; the MW has been updated to show your claim. The part was claimed over 2 months ago and so that claim has been removed (see "Is there a deadline" in the first post).

Thanks! And here, as promised, the reading delivered within the week :P Excited to make my first Librivox reading in.. four years I think :shock:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/firstcomefirstserved_harrybarton_morton.mp3 14m17s
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Fongie

Post by Fongie »

Hellu again I'll try my hand then at 55. Stage directions for the Male Cook (which, btw, looks hilarious).

Edit:

And here we go:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wantedamalecook_stagedirections_baker.mp3 6m2s

Tell me if something needs changing, as mentioned previously it is my first time with stage directions.