[FULL]World's Story 6: Russia, Austria-Hungary, Balkan States, Turkey - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Section 56 is perfectly PL OK! Have a good one. :thumbs:
thank you, Jim, for the quick PL. :)
neecheelok70 wrote: March 30th, 2019, 3:41 pmHere are 100 and 105:
and thank you for these two wonderful stories. Especially the one about the friendship was so elating. It gives hope that friendship regardless of religion is possible and always was. A role-model story, I love that. :9:

The house of fear was quite disturbing, I pity a man who lives in such constant dread, that's not really a good life, regardless of the pomp and riches he has. :( I wondered what they meant by "windows not fitting the rooms", how should I picture that ? :hmm: I checked online images of Yildiz palace but it doesn't really give a clue to this ominous sentence.

Both sections are PL ok. Thank you so much !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

moniaqua wrote: March 30th, 2019, 10:54 pm Just putting my heads up to tell that I "only" need to edit my sections :)
excellent, thanks for letting me know, Monika :)

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thank you, Sonia. :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I heard back from TJ via PM and she'll get an extension of one month as well. So till 30 March, I hope that is all right with you, TJ :)

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: April 1st, 2019, 4:05 am I heard back from TJ via PM and she'll get an extension of one month as well. So till 30 March, I hope that is all right with you, TJ :)

Sonia
Thanks, Sonia! If you mean the 30th of April, I'm in! Greatly appreciated!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: April 1st, 2019, 4:45 am Thanks, Sonia! If you mean the 30th of April, I'm in! Greatly appreciated!
:oops: yes that's what I meant :lol: Thanks ! (I miss the one hour we lost over the weekend)

Sonia
Hypatia

Post by Hypatia »

Hi Sonia,

My apologies but I´m going to have to give up my sections (47, 48, 49) due to health issues. I was hoping I´d get better in time to finish but after a few attempts at recording it´s clear that I just don´t have the energy at the moment. So sorry about this.

Best regards,
Hypatia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Monika, great job on both sections. I especially love the fire in your voice for the battle scene in the poem. So have you visited Hohenlinden already ? Is there still anything to be seen ? Memorial or something ? :hmm:

Section 65 is already PL ok.

For 62 I have two PL notes:

> at 0:16: (p. 334) King Louis XVI – I would say “the Sixteenth” here, in English, even though the name is French I think the number is usually said in English if you're reading an English text. If you absolutely prefer to say it in French, that’s fine too, but then you have to say “Louis Seize” not “seizième”, because the French don’t use ordinal numbers for their kings. It’s Louis Treize, Quatorze, Quinze, Seize, for example.

> at 2:29: (p. 335) “shall be a soldier’s sepulcher – I know you want me to correct pronunciation, so here is one: “sepulchre” is stressed on the first syllable and with a ‘k’ sound: in German spelling it would be “SEpalker

thanks !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hypatia wrote: April 3rd, 2019, 4:03 pmMy apologies but I´m going to have to give up my sections (47, 48, 49) due to health issues. I was hoping I´d get better in time to finish but after a few attempts at recording it´s clear that I just don´t have the energy at the moment. So sorry about this.
oh I am sorry to hear you are feeling so unwell. :( I hope it's nothing too serious. And don't worry about your sections, we'll get them recorded by another volunteer, I'm sure. Just concentrate on getting better soon, so I may see you again in the next project :9:

Thank you for letting me know.

All the best

I'm moving us back to Readers Wanted then.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

May I have these orphans. Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: April 4th, 2019, 5:26 am May I have these orphans. Jim
you may ! thank you so much, Jim. :9:

and we're back to fully claimed...

Sonia
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Kitty wrote: April 4th, 2019, 3:56 am but then you have to say “Louis Seize” not “seizième”,
:oops: :oops: It was late, no? Yes, it was late...

Thank you. I'll correct those, will be next week though, as my microphone is in the north and I am in the south :lol:
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: April 4th, 2019, 9:29 amSection 8 - Historical Note (time 2:50)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume06_008_tappan_128kb.mp3
thank you, Alan, this section is perfectly PL ok. Must have been a terrible time under the reign of such a czar :shock: I read up a bit about him, details that would make your stomach turn.

Sonia