One min test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
Natsu

Post by Natsu » January 14th, 2019, 9:24 am

https://librivox.org/uploads/chocoholic/test_Natsu.mp3
This is my one min test😅 sorry about the uppercase n that was an accident that was already pointed out.
Let's see I used Audicity, and I will be for all of my recordings.
I don't know what type of mic it is I guess it's a standard one?
Oh and the noise at the end is me trying to end the recording, the wiki site said it was best not to really change the recording as much as possible so..... I don't know that's kind of a lame excuse.😅
Natsu

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » January 16th, 2019, 12:31 am

hi Natsu, welcome to the forum and thank you for your test. Don't worry about the uppercase letter, for the test that is not important. Only in your "real" recordings later on you need to use the standard filename which is always stated in the first post of each project.

And well, the good news is: you passed all the criteria on the first go. :thumbs: Tech specs correct and the reading pace and intonation are nice to listen to. Only one word of caution, your volume is quite a bit on the loud side. We accept between 86 and 92 db, preferably as close to the averga of 89 as possible. Yours clocks in at 91.7, so while it would get accept, try not to get any louder :lol: It's easy to decrease volume in post-processing with Audacity. Just check out Edit - Amplification - and put a negative number in the first upper slot.

Here is a nice plug-in for Audacity that checks your volume and tells you by how much you need to amplify or decrease to get to 89 dB. I use it all the time and it's very easy to handle. :)
Replay Gain plugin for Audacity: - http://forum.audacityteam.org/download/file.php?id=4668

1. Save the file to your computer - your desktop or somewhere where you can easily find it.
2. Now browse to the folder in which Audacity is installed. It's probably in C:\Program Files\Audacity) and then open the Plug-Ins folder.
3. Drag the file you saved into the Plug-Ins folder.
4. When next you start up Audacity, you will be able to select the whole recording (Ctrl+A on Windows), then go to Analyze | ReplayGain, and it'll tell you how much to amplify your file to get to about 89 dB.
So that's it, you're ready to roll. Here is your official OK. Have fun in your first project !

Sonia