FULL[PLAY]Mrs. Pretty and The Premier by Arthur Adams - thw

Plays and other dramatic works
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14950
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » January 14th, 2019, 7:50 am

oooooh but you are so deliciously mean in this role :twisted: :thumbs: excellent. I think all the frustration of George Dandin is coming out here :lol: In Act 2 he was soooo patronizing with Helen, yikes. Can't see what she ever found in this guy.

Well, one has to play the bad guy and they are often highly interesting roles. And you did the most of this one, wonderfully played and characterized. I think our dialogues will be great assembled.

I'll mark Act 2 already PL ok.

A few notes for Act 3:

> for the voice credit, please always say the full description as in the MW: Vernon Harrington, Leader of the Opposition, read by...

> at about 2:12: (p. 139) please insert 2 missing lines:
> Helen ! My Helen !
> His wife !

Thanks for this great job !

Sonia

MajorToast
Posts: 55
Joined: November 10th, 2018, 12:55 am

Post by MajorToast » January 14th, 2019, 9:17 am


Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14950
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » January 14th, 2019, 9:21 am

MajorToast wrote:
January 14th, 2019, 9:17 am
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mrsprettyandthepremier_vernon_03_128kb.mp3

corrections made Mrs....Mrs POWER.
:lol: yes, take your loss like a man :mrgreen:

Aww I love the spiteful "His wife" you're giving us here. :thumbs: Little did he know then...

excellent and PL ok now. Thanks !

Sonia

leanneyauyau
Posts: 640
Joined: January 31st, 2016, 12:33 pm
Location: Oxford, UK
Contact:

Post by leanneyauyau » January 16th, 2019, 3:24 pm

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :D
my librivox page | website | fb page | soundcloud


Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14950
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » January 17th, 2019, 1:25 am

leanneyauyau wrote:
January 16th, 2019, 3:24 pm
Here are my roles. I did an absolutely terrible Australian accent for this just because I wanted to - enjoy.
wonderful, Leanne. :clap: I loved the accent and you are excellent as the dutiful, pep-talking, scheming, party-whip :9: Your dialogue with Chris will sound great, I can feel that already. Vyce sounds like he secretly is the man behind it all :lol:

The one sentence for the Maid was well done too :) That part is PL ok already.

For Vyce I have two PL notes though:

Act 1:

> at 6:21: (p. 115) – Why I’ve just had a ring from my wife to tell me that it is rumored – you say “to tell her” which sounds odd

Act 3:

> at 3:07: (p. 135) – missing line: “Well, good-bye, Bill. When we come back to this room again you won’t be Premier.” In fact the line you’ve recorded at this point is the Premier speaking, you can cut that one out

thank you so much, you had an excellent choice of role :thumbs:

Sonia

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 1149
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » January 17th, 2019, 2:23 am

leanneyauyau wrote:
January 16th, 2019, 3:24 pm
Here are my roles. I did an absolutely terrible Australian accent for this just because I wanted to - enjoy.
Hey Leanne, that accent’s a lot better than you think! :shock: Unlike many non-Commonwealth attempts, you’re not trying to do it as modified Cockney. You must have been hanging out with some Aussies at some point, right?

At times, for a long sequence of words, it’s very believable, then one little word will give you away. :wink:

Actually, you remind me a bit of the husband of one of my cousins. He was English, and came out to Australia in the 1970s in his teens with a very well-spoken English accent. Naturally, my cousins gave him heaps about it, :roll: but he gradually picked up our accent, until, by the mid-80s, his Australian accent was pronounced enough to take the chrome off old bumper-bars. The accent you just performed puts me in mind of his late in the transition stage.

If you want to add dialects to your repertoire, it would be worth working on that one, because it’s a very good start.


Cheers,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
_________________
My LV catalogue page
Son of the Exiles YouTube Channel


Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14950
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » January 17th, 2019, 10:12 am


Post Reply