FULL[PLAY]George Dandin by Moliere - thw

Plays and other dramatic works
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » January 12th, 2019, 6:34 am

and Alan, another wonderful bumbling servant :9: you're excelling in these roles. When you mentioned being "cunning" in the final speech I couldn't help but think of Blackadder's Baldrick :lol: I do suspect that Lubin isn't as naive as he pretends to be though...

great start in your role, looking forward to the rest. PL ok.

Thanks

Sonia

MajorToast

Post by MajorToast » January 12th, 2019, 8:18 am

MajorToast

Post by MajorToast » January 12th, 2019, 8:42 am

Kitty wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 6:32 am
excellent job again, MT :clap: You created a strong character here, even though he is the dupe throughout. I loved the scene where he is whispering with Colin and when he nearly bursts with rage wanting to thrash him. Wow that was a good outburst :thumbs:

I did find a few errors which change the meaning though, so I'll mention them here for correction:

Act 2:

> at 1:50: (p. 251) I belong at least to a race on which there is no stain - you say "strain"

Act 3:

> at 3:08: (p. 265) that is how they treat you - you say "trust"

> at 3:27: (p. 265) caught you at it this time, Mistress Dandin, and you make little escapades - you can cut out the long break here, there's not stage directions cut in here

> at 5:14: (p. 266) - to invent some way to palliate your escapade - I hear "pallitate"

> at 10:11: (p. 273) - Madam, I beg of you to pardon me - you forgot to say "Madam". Now Monsieur de S. would never let you get away with that, no no :evil:

Thanks !

Sonia
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/georgedandin_george_03_128kb.mp3
Here you go and thank you again.

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » January 12th, 2019, 1:42 pm

MajorToast wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 8:18 am
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/georgedandin_george_02_128kb.mp3

This is corrected. Thank you.
thank you, these are excellent patches :thumbs: All of Dandin now PL ok. Great job. Hoping to hear you in another play soon :9:

Sonia

alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone » Yesterday, 9:03 am

Lubin act 2

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/georgedandin_lubin_2.mp3

Moliere servants are usually fun to do as they appear to be stupid but are often shrewder than they seem. Although in the case of Lubin I think he may just be stupid.
Last edited by alanmapstone on January 15th, 2019, 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » Today, 2:02 am

alanmapstone wrote:
Yesterday, 9:03 am
Moliere servants are usually fun to do as they appear to be stupid but are often shrewder than they seem. Although in the case of Lubin I think may just be stupid.
:lol: actually I think you're right. By the end of Act 2 I also came to that conclusion. Oh and he started to go all lecherous on poor Claudine. I can already imagine Leanne slapping your hand down. :mrgreen: This will be a funny scene

Good job again Alan, all PL ok. Thanks

Sonia