COMPLETE: Jr Classics vol6, Old Fashioned Tales by Various- jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

Lovely reading. Thank you.

PL notes:
12:39 - Repeat – second is correct – When Robin Goodfellow came to take him home as usual.

Bit rate should be 128 kbps and constant instead of variable.
AlongsideMom

Post by AlongsideMom »

linny wrote: October 21st, 2019, 7:49 am
Lovely reading. Thank you.

PL notes:
12:39 - Repeat – second is correct – When Robin Goodfellow came to take him home as usual.

Bit rate should be 128 kbps and constant instead of variable.
Thank you for the feedback! Here is the updated link of section 29
22m36s
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol6_29_patten_128kb.mp3
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com
linny

Post by linny »

AlongsideMom wrote: October 21st, 2019, 8:49 pm Thank you for the feedback! Here is the updated link of section 29
22m36s
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol6_29_patten_128kb.mp3
Section 29 is spot check PL OK! Thank you. :D
linny

Post by linny »

Jo,
It's been a year and there have been no readers for section 4. It's long I know but there really wasn't a good place to break it.

What do you think about making it into a one section DR? I've color coded the story to see what it would be like. There is a good bit of dialog. Including narration there are 15 voices needed with a good mix of m/f. It will take so much longer than if a single reader would claim it but after a year I'm not sure that's going to happen.

The story is a group of young adults that come together for the summer. They decide to put on a play. In the evening after church the play is conducted and is a tremendous hit. Later we hear what has happened to these young actors, some of which marry and others which begin courting.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

You are the BC so it's up to you. I'm personally not a big fan of DRs, but they are popular so you should be able to get readers. If you decide to do this, you will need to prepare the script and set up rows in the MW for the parts. If you go this route, let me know and we can decide if you want me to move the thread to the dramatic readings forum for readers.
Jo
AlongsideMom

Post by AlongsideMom »

I like a challenge...If it would help, I’d be happy to take on that section! :)
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com
AlongsideMom

Post by AlongsideMom »

AlongsideMom wrote: November 10th, 2019, 1:34 pm I like a challenge...If it would help, I’d be happy to take on that section! :)
(Unless y’all really want it to be a DR...then I would be happy to assist with a part of it 😉)
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com
linny

Post by linny »

AlongsideMom wrote: November 10th, 2019, 1:34 pm I like a challenge...If it would help, I’d be happy to take on that section! :)
You are wonderful! Thank you. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Section 4 is all yours!
linny

Post by linny »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: November 10th, 2019, 12:58 pm You are the BC so it's up to you. I'm personally not a big fan of DRs, but they are popular so you should be able to get readers. If you decide to do this, you will need to prepare the script and set up rows in the MW for the parts. If you go this route, let me know and we can decide if you want me to move the thread to the dramatic readings forum for readers.
No need to move to dramatic readings but how about readers found? :9:
linny

Post by linny »

Nowar wrote: September 19th, 2019, 9:13 am I would like to claim section 18 (Uncle Jack's Story by Mrs. E. M. Field).

"Nowar" is the name I would like to use in the catalogue.

Thanks!
Claim expired. No further LV activity since claim made.
NinaA

Post by NinaA »

Hi, my name is Nina. I am a new reader here at Librivox. If this part is not already taken, I would like to read Uncle Jack's Story by Mrs. E. M. Field.
Thank you.
NinaA

Post by NinaA »

Hi, my name is Nina. I am a new reader here at Librivox. If this part is not already taken, I would like to read Uncle Jack's Story by Mrs. E. M. Field (section 18)
Thank you.
linny

Post by linny »

Nina,
It's lovely to have you. Please make sure you complete your 1 minute test prior to recording this longer section. https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording
AlongsideMom

Post by AlongsideMom »

I apologize for being quiet here lately. I haven't forgotten! :)
Section 27 19m35s
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol6_27_patten_128kb.mp3
Brooke Favorat
Homeschool mom of 5
www.alongsidemom.com
linny

Post by linny »

AlongsideMom wrote: December 11th, 2019, 10:17 pm I apologize for being quiet here lately. I haven't forgotten! :)
Section 27 19m35s
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol6_27_patten_128kb.mp3
Lovely job!

Please extend the ending silence to ~5 seconds. When the silence is too short you may get cut off during playback.