[Grp] Coffee Break Collection 18 - Pirates - lt

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
aniroo
Posts: 783
Joined: June 5th, 2017, 5:51 am
Location: Montana, USA

Post by aniroo » January 11th, 2019, 12:17 pm

Lynnet wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 6:06 pm
ColleenMc wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 1:05 pm
"Capture of a Chinese Pirate Fleet" by Anonymous, from The Royal Gazette, Sep 20, 1853


https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cb018_captureofchinesepiratefleet_cm_28kb.mp3

06:04

Source: https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=73&dat=18530920&id=BnsxAAAAIBAJ&sjid=DyoDAAAAIBAJ&pg=989,6361143&hl=en

Colleen
Thank you
Section PL OK

Thanks for the interesting story,

aniroo
aniroo

KIBBONAFIDE
Posts: 210
Joined: September 3rd, 2018, 7:51 am
Location: Burien, WA
Contact:

Post by KIBBONAFIDE » February 2nd, 2019, 6:35 am

Here's a contribution to the collection:

'Derelict: A Reminiscence of “Treasure Island”' by Young E. Allison (1853 – 1932)

Link to Text (on about Page 13, it looks like): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/19273?msg=welcome_stranger#Chapter_1

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cb018_derelict_jk_28kb.mp3
3:04

I think that's all you need but let me know if there's more, thank you!

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15414
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » February 2nd, 2019, 6:59 am

KIBBONAFIDE wrote:
February 2nd, 2019, 6:35 am
Here's a contribution to the collection:

'Derelict: A Reminiscence of “Treasure Island”' by Young E. Allison (1853 – 1932)

Link to Text (on about Page 13, it looks like): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/19273?msg=welcome_stranger#Chapter_1

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cb018_derelict_jk_28kb.mp3
3:04

I think that's all you need but let me know if there's more, thank you!
Thank you
March is clean up month!
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=74054&p=1561932#p1561932

Help us finish:

The Sword-Maker 5 sections remaining
Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage 21 sections remaining

aniroo
Posts: 783
Joined: June 5th, 2017, 5:51 am
Location: Montana, USA

Post by aniroo » February 2nd, 2019, 9:42 am

Lynnet wrote:
February 2nd, 2019, 6:59 am
KIBBONAFIDE wrote:
February 2nd, 2019, 6:35 am
Here's a contribution to the collection:

'Derelict: A Reminiscence of “Treasure Island”' by Young E. Allison (1853 – 1932)

Link to Text (on about Page 13, it looks like): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/19273?msg=welcome_stranger#Chapter_1

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cb018_derelict_jk_28kb.mp3
3:04

I think that's all you need but let me know if there's more, thank you!
Thank you
Section 7 PL Ok :thumbs:


I was going to give notes about the introduction, you didn't say the bit about it being in the public domain, but you did put it at the end. There is a script to follow, but as this is a different kind of project, I guess I'll let it pass ""Title of work by Author. Coffee Break Collection 18 - Pirates. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Say:
"Title of work [Chapter]"

Nicely read, it's hard to read songs and not start singing. :D

aniroo
aniroo

KIBBONAFIDE
Posts: 210
Joined: September 3rd, 2018, 7:51 am
Location: Burien, WA
Contact:

Post by KIBBONAFIDE » February 2nd, 2019, 9:44 am

Thank you so much! I noticed I did that right after I posted and was prepared to resubmit. I’ll make sure to do it next time.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15414
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » February 2nd, 2019, 5:00 pm

aniroo wrote:
February 2nd, 2019, 9:42 am
Lynnet wrote:
February 2nd, 2019, 6:59 am
KIBBONAFIDE wrote:
February 2nd, 2019, 6:35 am
Here's a contribution to the collection:

'Derelict: A Reminiscence of “Treasure Island”' by Young E. Allison (1853 – 1932)

Link to Text (on about Page 13, it looks like): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/19273?msg=welcome_stranger#Chapter_1

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cb018_derelict_jk_28kb.mp3
3:04

I think that's all you need but let me know if there's more, thank you!
Thank you
Section 7 PL Ok :thumbs:


I was going to give notes about the introduction, you didn't say the bit about it being in the public domain, but you did put it at the end. There is a script to follow, but as this is a different kind of project, I guess I'll let it pass ""Title of work by Author. Coffee Break Collection 18 - Pirates. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Say:
"Title of work [Chapter]"

Nicely read, it's hard to read songs and not start singing. :D

aniroo
Although there is no hard and fast rule as long as the disclaimer is included, for the sake of consistency, I would like it at the beginning please.
March is clean up month!
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=74054&p=1561932#p1561932

Help us finish:

The Sword-Maker 5 sections remaining
Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage 21 sections remaining

KIBBONAFIDE
Posts: 210
Joined: September 3rd, 2018, 7:51 am
Location: Burien, WA
Contact:

Post by KIBBONAFIDE » February 2nd, 2019, 5:03 pm

No that makes sense, I’ll re-upload it!

KIBBONAFIDE
Posts: 210
Joined: September 3rd, 2018, 7:51 am
Location: Burien, WA
Contact:

Post by KIBBONAFIDE » February 2nd, 2019, 9:18 pm

Here's the re-uploaded file:


https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cb018_derelict_jk_28kb.mp3
3:18

I changed the end to the correct disclaimer as well because I agree it should all be uniform! Thank you.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15414
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » February 3rd, 2019, 8:38 am

KIBBONAFIDE wrote:
February 2nd, 2019, 9:18 pm
Here's the re-uploaded file:


https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cb018_derelict_jk_28kb.mp3
3:18

I changed the end to the correct disclaimer as well because I agree it should all be uniform! Thank you.
Thank you for being understanding.
March is clean up month!
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=74054&p=1561932#p1561932

Help us finish:

The Sword-Maker 5 sections remaining
Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage 21 sections remaining

aniroo
Posts: 783
Joined: June 5th, 2017, 5:51 am
Location: Montana, USA

Post by aniroo » February 3rd, 2019, 9:39 am

Lynnet wrote:
February 3rd, 2019, 8:38 am
KIBBONAFIDE wrote:
February 2nd, 2019, 9:18 pm
Here's the re-uploaded file:


https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cb018_derelict_jk_28kb.mp3
3:18

I changed the end to the correct disclaimer as well because I agree it should all be uniform! Thank you.
Thank you for being understanding.


Section PL OK :thumbs:

Thanks again,
aniroo
aniroo

pyledriver
Posts: 190
Joined: July 10th, 2013, 3:32 pm

Post by pyledriver » February 7th, 2019, 5:33 pm


Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15414
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » February 7th, 2019, 5:46 pm

March is clean up month!
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=74054&p=1561932#p1561932

Help us finish:

The Sword-Maker 5 sections remaining
Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage 21 sections remaining

aniroo
Posts: 783
Joined: June 5th, 2017, 5:51 am
Location: Montana, USA

Post by aniroo » February 8th, 2019, 3:44 pm

Lynnet wrote:
February 7th, 2019, 5:46 pm
Thank you

Nicely read, very lively, but you left out the first 3 verses, or 2 verses and 1 refrain. Maybe got left in the editing bin?
Be sure to post new time with the additions.
Thanks.

aniroo
aniroo

pyledriver
Posts: 190
Joined: July 10th, 2013, 3:32 pm

Post by pyledriver » March 4th, 2019, 5:42 pm

Lynnet wrote:
February 7th, 2019, 5:46 pm
pyledriver wrote:
February 7th, 2019, 5:33 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cb018_yankeeprivateer_clp_28kb.mp3

"The Yankee Privateer" by Arthur Hale


Nicely read, very lively, but you left out the first 3 verses, or 2 verses and 1 refrain. Maybe got left in the editing bin?
Be sure to post new time with the additions.
Thanks.

aniroo

Turned two pages on my Nook when I meant to turn one :)

Corrected file (now 3:23): https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cb018_yankeeprivateer_clp_28kb.mp3


I also found a couple of good pirate poems by John Masefield.

"A Ballad of John Silver"
2:17
From http://www.gutenberg.org/files/52761/52761-h/52761-h.htm#A_BALLAD_OF_JOHN_SILVER
File: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cb018_aballadofjohnsilver_clp_28kb.mp3

"An Old Song Re-Sung"
1:22
From http://www.gutenberg.org/files/40717/40717-h/40717-h.html#an-old-song-re-sung
File: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cb018_anoldsongresung_clp_28kb.mp3

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15414
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » March 4th, 2019, 7:10 pm

pyledriver wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 5:42 pm
Lynnet wrote:
February 7th, 2019, 5:46 pm
pyledriver wrote:
February 7th, 2019, 5:33 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cb018_yankeeprivateer_clp_28kb.mp3

"The Yankee Privateer" by Arthur Hale


Nicely read, very lively, but you left out the first 3 verses, or 2 verses and 1 refrain. Maybe got left in the editing bin?
Be sure to post new time with the additions.
Thanks.

aniroo

Turned two pages on my Nook when I meant to turn one :)

Corrected file (now 3:23): https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cb018_yankeeprivateer_clp_28kb.mp3


I also found a couple of good pirate poems by John Masefield.

"A Ballad of John Silver"
2:17
From http://www.gutenberg.org/files/52761/52761-h/52761-h.htm#A_BALLAD_OF_JOHN_SILVER
File: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cb018_aballadofjohnsilver_clp_28kb.mp3

"An Old Song Re-Sung"
1:22
From http://www.gutenberg.org/files/40717/40717-h/40717-h.html#an-old-song-re-sung
File: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cb018_anoldsongresung_clp_28kb.mp3
Thank you
March is clean up month!
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=74054&p=1561932#p1561932

Help us finish:

The Sword-Maker 5 sections remaining
Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage 21 sections remaining

Post Reply