neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Sounds good. Thank you. Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Denisette wrote: December 30th, 2018, 5:16 pm Here is Section 45:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume05_045_tappan_128kb.mp3
It's 10.22 minutes long. Hope it's okay.
thank you, Ulrike, this was a wonderfully narrated section, and flawless too, so totally PL ok immeditately. The battle of Crécy is quite famous here in Luxembourg, because our well-known king Jang de Blannen (John the Blind as he is called here) died there. And this episode is narrated here too, but I was shocked to hear they call him "Charles" :lol: very grave error, he was called John. (here wikipedia backup to my memory: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_of_Bohemia actually the scene of his death is also written there)

I am quite sure that Jean de Froissart, the excellent chronicler of those times, had the name correctly, so I am suspecting that the editor made the error in this book ;) she confused the father with the son, who was called Charles. But well, we won't change what the author wrote, so let's keep him be called Charles for this section. Even though, I wonder since it's an obvious editor's error, whether we may not tacitly correct it. :hmm:

Thanks, and I hope I see you again in the next year 8-) enjoy the fête tonight

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is the corrected 68:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume05_068_tappan_128kb.mp3 18.93 KB

20:11

Jim

Happy New Year! :clap: :clap:
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Sonia,
Thank you very much for your comments.
Our New Year's does indeed begin in a few hours and I realize that by now you are in the New Year. Take care,
April
Kitty wrote: December 31st, 2018, 8:03 am
adr6090 wrote: December 30th, 2018, 12:32 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume05_112_tappan_128kb.mp3 time 16:16
Hello Sonia,
I hope this is pleasing to you as I enjoyed this one. :D
April
:lol: a classic ! the fight against the windmills. This was a hilarious episode, and made even funnier by your voice-characterizations :thumbs: Very well done, April, no textual errors at all. I small note for the footnote though: you say "start of footnote": this is unnecessary, we usually simply say "Footnote" (without "start of") at the beginning. But there are no other errors, so no need to correct this small thing. I only mention it for your next sections ;) well usually you had it correct anyway, so no big deal this time.

I'll mark it PL ok. Thanks, and enjoy the fireworks in a few hours.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: December 31st, 2018, 4:30 pm Here is the corrected 68:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume05_068_tappan_128kb.mp3 18.93 KB
Happy New Year! :clap: :clap:
Happy New Year to you as well, and to everybody else here on the project :9: Hope you all had a good start !

Section 68 now totally PL ok. Thanks

Sonia
Adamsantoni

Post by Adamsantoni »

May I request sections 101 and 107?
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Leni
=================
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

Happy New Year's! :D

I am checking in to throw Section 42 back into the ring for someone who has more time than I do right now.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Adamsantoni wrote: January 1st, 2019, 1:07 pm May I request sections 101 and 107?
hi Adam :) I remember you from the one-minute test I checked. Thanks for joining this project. :D I'll sign you up for 101 and 107. All the details for the long disclaimer and how to say the title and how to name the file are found in the first post.

Have fun !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thestorygirl wrote: January 1st, 2019, 8:28 pm Happy New Year's! :D
I am checking in to throw Section 42 back into the ring for someone who has more time than I do right now.
Happy New Year to you too, and I'm sorry your recording time is less these days. :( But thanks for letting me know and I hope you'll be part of the next book again :9:

Take care !

Sonia

@Leni: thank you for your section, I'll PL today still (will do Canaa first ;) for obvious reasons)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Leni wrote: January 1st, 2019, 6:25 pm Here is section 120!
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume05_120_tappan_128kb.mp3
wow thank you for this action-packed chapter, and beautifully narrated. I especially enjoyed hearing all the names pronounced in genuine Portuguese. :9: I noticed I missed visiting Santarem on my holiday trip through Portugal. There is probably some old fortress or ruin to be seen still. Though we were in nearby Tomar which was a wonderful day and sight-seeing of the fortress. :9: Well...maybe on my next trip there.

This chapter is PL ok. Thank you :)

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

There were a few minor peccadilloes in 59 (ghastly and ghostly, for example, got mixed up), but which I mention mainly to insure your confidence in my close proof-listening. :lol: Section 59 is PL OK--excellently rendered. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: January 2nd, 2019, 6:23 am There were a few minor peccadilloes in 59 (ghastly and ghostly, for example, got mixed up), but which I mention mainly to insure your confidence in my close proof-listening. :lol: Section 59 is PL OK--excellently rendered. :clap: :clap: :clap:
thank you, Jim ! Yes I noticed the "ghastly" error in my initial PL as well, but thought it too trivial to mention as the sense remains the same basically. So if it's not a glaring change of meaning, it's fine. But thank you for mentioning it :thumbs: and I never doubted your PL skills for a second.

And another one finished :9:

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Good news! :wink:
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Kitty wrote: January 2nd, 2019, 6:20 am wow thank you for this action-packed chapter, and beautifully narrated. I especially enjoyed hearing all the names pronounced in genuine Portuguese. :9: I noticed I missed visiting Santarem on my holiday trip through Portugal. There is probably some old fortress or ruin to be seen still. Though we were in nearby Tomar which was a wonderful day and sight-seeing of the fortress. :9: Well...maybe on my next trip there.

This chapter is PL ok. Thank you :)

Sonia
Yes, quite an interesting chapter! I have never been to Santarém myself, nor to Tomar. I hope to be able to go back to Portugal at some point to visit more sites there, I absolutely love Portugal, but all my trips there have been to the coast! :hmm:

Section 128 coming soon and, while I am at it, could I claim section 127 as well?
Leni
=================