craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

37-38 PL OK!
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Good morning Anne and David

I have posted the final Chapter:

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/travelsinnewzealand1_39_dieffenbach_128kb.mp3
26:22.0, 88.6 dB

If it passes quality control (thanks David!) then the reading part of the book is finished. Yay!

I have written (and revised my draft) an introduction and would appreciate any comments for its improvement. Anne - you will notice that I make reference to the cover image -- is it fair to assume that the image that I directed you toward will be the cover image? You seemed to like it. :D

Thanks to both of you for working on this. I've found it interesting even though I haven't traveled much in those parts of NZ. I also found the descriptions of Maori inter-tribal politics fascinating in light of the Treaty of Waitangi settlements (attempts?) of Maori grievances that have been so much a part of NZ politics for the past 20 years or more.

Cheers

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

39 PL OK. Finished!

Another nice addition to the LV catalog.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Yes I am using the image and your summary is fine
I think the image really made me realise something that I knew but hadn't thought about - we may be very alike as countries in many ways but geologically we are very very old and you are very very new.

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

https://librivox.org/extracts-from-a-diary-kept-by-the-rev-r-burrows-during-hekes-war-in-the-north-in-1845-by-robert-burrows/ I found quite interesting too.
Everyone is so keen on space travel and meeting other races, I wonder how it would work out, would we finish up the invaders or the dispossessed? Enough philosophy , lets start cataloguing
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

annise wrote: May 1st, 2019, 5:07 pm Yes I am using the image and your summary is fine
I think the image really made me realise something that I knew but hadn't thought about - we may be very alike as countries in many ways but geologically we are very very old and you are very very new.

Anne
Thanks heaps Anne. :)

NZ does have some old geology, in Fiordland for example but nothing like the billions of years old precambriam formations that Oz has. I remember fascination about stromatolites when a postgrad student.
instagram
#gailtv.art
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

All catalogued , thank you both. It's time for my beauty sleep, so let me know if I missed anything or there is anything you would like changed and I'll try to fix it in the morning

Anne

This project is now complete. All files can be downloaded from the catalog page here:https://librivox.org/travels-in-new-zealand-by-ernst-dieffenbach/

:clap: :thumbs: :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs:
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Hi Anne and David -

Thanks again both!! :clap:

The cover is great, Anne. Thanks for everything.

On to The Queen's Necklace.

Cheers

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art