[Complete] Lives Of The Most Remarkable Criminals Vol. 1 by Arthur L. Hayward (ed) - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
blueskies
Posts: 80
Joined: January 6th, 2019, 6:44 am
Location: in the frozen north

Post by blueskies » January 13th, 2019, 9:19 am

About footnotes, do we read it at the end of the sentence for which it appears, precede it with "footnote #" and then "end of footnote #"?
Elizabeth
Also a Project Gutenberg Distributed Proofreader

5Tommy00
Posts: 82
Joined: October 12th, 2017, 7:27 am

Post by 5Tommy00 » January 13th, 2019, 2:02 pm


Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16151
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » January 13th, 2019, 3:30 pm

blueskies wrote:
January 13th, 2019, 9:01 am
Hi Lynne,

May I please have section 30: The Life of John MOLONY, a Highwayman and Street Robber? Thanks.

Elizabeth
All yours
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley 30+ sections remaining
Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage 2 sections remaining

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16151
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » January 13th, 2019, 3:32 pm

blueskies wrote:
January 13th, 2019, 9:19 am
About footnotes, do we read it at the end of the sentence for which it appears, precede it with "footnote #" and then "end of footnote #"?
No need to include the footnote number. Also, your decision whether or not to read the footnotes at all.
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley 30+ sections remaining
Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage 2 sections remaining

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16151
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » January 13th, 2019, 3:32 pm

Thank you
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley 30+ sections remaining
Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage 2 sections remaining

blueskies
Posts: 80
Joined: January 6th, 2019, 6:44 am
Location: in the frozen north

Post by blueskies » January 13th, 2019, 4:07 pm

Lynnet wrote:
January 13th, 2019, 3:32 pm
blueskies wrote:
January 13th, 2019, 9:19 am
About footnotes, do we read it at the end of the sentence for which it appears, precede it with "footnote #" and then "end of footnote #"?
No need to include the footnote number. Also, your decision whether or not to read the footnotes at all.
So we don't indicate that it's a footnote at all (if we decide it's important enough to include)?
Elizabeth
Also a Project Gutenberg Distributed Proofreader

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16151
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » January 13th, 2019, 4:08 pm

blueskies wrote:
January 13th, 2019, 4:07 pm
Lynnet wrote:
January 13th, 2019, 3:32 pm
blueskies wrote:
January 13th, 2019, 9:19 am
About footnotes, do we read it at the end of the sentence for which it appears, precede it with "footnote #" and then "end of footnote #"?
No need to include the footnote number. Also, your decision whether or not to read the footnotes at all.
So we don't indicate that it's a footnote at all (if we decide it's important enough to include)?
Yes, you say "footnote... end footnote", but you don't need to say "footnote 73..."
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley 30+ sections remaining
Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage 2 sections remaining

PhyllisV
Posts: 79
Joined: January 7th, 2019, 2:22 pm

Post by PhyllisV » January 14th, 2019, 8:40 am

I would like to claim section 9. This will be my first recording

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16151
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » January 14th, 2019, 9:30 am

PhyllisV wrote:
January 14th, 2019, 8:40 am
I would like to claim section 9. This will be my first recording
Hi and welcome.
Please be sure to read the first post as all the information you need is there, but do ask if you have questions.
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley 30+ sections remaining
Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage 2 sections remaining

blueskies
Posts: 80
Joined: January 6th, 2019, 6:44 am
Location: in the frozen north

Post by blueskies » January 14th, 2019, 2:08 pm

Hi Lynne,

Section 30: The Life of John Malony, a Highwayman and Street Robber.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mostremarkablecriminals1_30_hayward_128kb.mp3
6:17

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
Also a Project Gutenberg Distributed Proofreader

blueskies
Posts: 80
Joined: January 6th, 2019, 6:44 am
Location: in the frozen north

Post by blueskies » January 14th, 2019, 2:13 pm

Lynne,

May I have section 12: The Life of JOHN WIGLEY, a Highwayman? Thanks.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
Also a Project Gutenberg Distributed Proofreader

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16151
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » January 14th, 2019, 2:15 pm

blueskies wrote:
January 14th, 2019, 2:08 pm
Hi Lynne,

Section 30: The Life of John Malony, a Highwayman and Street Robber.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mostremarkablecriminals1_30_hayward_128kb.mp3
6:17

Elizabeth
Thank you
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley 30+ sections remaining
Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage 2 sections remaining

HZFerr
Posts: 4035
Joined: August 17th, 2017, 12:56 pm

Post by HZFerr » January 14th, 2019, 6:19 pm

sect 30,
PL OK

Elizabeth, excellent! :clap:
Helen-

"Ains a year say a prayer faur me
close yir een an remember me." Sgt. Joseph Kilna MacKenzie
POW/MIA WE WILL REMEMBER THEM!

HZFerr
Posts: 4035
Joined: August 17th, 2017, 12:56 pm

Post by HZFerr » January 14th, 2019, 6:22 pm

sect 77,
Spot PL OK,

Perfectly done Tommy! :thumbs:
Helen-

"Ains a year say a prayer faur me
close yir een an remember me." Sgt. Joseph Kilna MacKenzie
POW/MIA WE WILL REMEMBER THEM!

johnb2
Posts: 908
Joined: September 10th, 2011, 9:41 am
Location: Ohio

Post by johnb2 » January 14th, 2019, 8:52 pm

Hi chapters:

57, The Life of JULIAN, a Black Boy and Incendiary
70, The Life of JOHN GUY, a Deer-stealer and
71, The Life of VINCENT DAVIS, a Murderer

please.

john

Post Reply