Hello! lpeders

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
lpeders

Post by lpeders » September 14th, 2018, 5:28 pm

Hello! I'm excited to join this group of individuals interested in narration and read-aloud. I hope to learn more about narration and contribute to projects! I have been an audiobook listener for many years and love our daily family read-aloud time. I live in Iowa and I am educated as a pharmacist. While I take a break from the healthcare workplace to focus on my family, I would like to use this time to explore narration. My 1-minute test is complete and will be posted in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum. Since I am completely new to this, I appreciate all feedback! lpeders

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » September 16th, 2018, 3:13 am

A big welcome to LibriVox and here is your welcome flower Image

We are a friendly bunch so ask lots of questions. Here is a little video I made about our Forums and jargon and stuff http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnxpcbnEjoQ&feature=youtu.be

Remember to have fun and browse the forums. :thumbs: :thumbs:
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
Adultery is a sin. You can't have your Kate and Edith too. .

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here

lpeders

Post by lpeders » September 17th, 2018, 9:45 am

Hello Phil,
Thank you for your welcome reply. I actually watched a couple of your YouTube videos before submitting my 1-minute test which I greatly appreciated!! Sonia posted a reply with recommended technical edits, so I am just getting the hang of things in Audacity.
How long have you been working on projects in LibriVox? What has been the most fun and do you specialize in one type of narration?
Looking forward to meeting others and learning through LibriVox!
Lauren