COMPLETE: The Tale of Reddy Woodpecker by Arthur Scott Bailey -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
julilloyd

Post by julilloyd »

I uploaded my 3 chapters and, as I was opening this message to paste them into, the upload page reloaded deleting my file URLs. Do I upload them again? Arggg.

I am getting the hang of this...😬

Juli
Felicity12

Post by Felicity12 »

Hey,
Would it be OK if I read chapters 17 A Hunting Party, 18 A Big Appetite, and 19 Who Was Greedy?
Thanks,
Felicity :thumbs:
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

julilloyd wrote: September 4th, 2018, 1:37 pm I uploaded my 3 chapters and, as I was opening this message to paste them into, the upload page reloaded deleting my file URLs. Do I upload them again? Arggg.

Juli
Here are the links you your uploaded files, Julie.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/reddywoodpecker_01_bailey_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/reddywoodpecker_02_bailey_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/reddywoodpecker_03_bailey_128kb.mp3

:)
Jo
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Felicity12 wrote: September 4th, 2018, 4:45 pm Hey,
Would it be OK if I read chapters 17 A Hunting Party, 18 A Big Appetite, and 19 Who Was Greedy?
Thanks,
Felicity :thumbs:
Yes, that is wonderful!
These sections are yours to record.
Thanks.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

julilloyd wrote: September 4th, 2018, 1:37 pm I uploaded my 3 chapters and, as I was opening this message to paste them into, the upload page reloaded deleting my file URLs. Do I upload them again? Arggg.

Juli
OK we got them, and I have them in the MW Ready for PL.
You didn't give the file length, but I put them through Checker, and then put the lengths in the MW for you.
In the process, I noticed that Section 3 was too low in volume, but let's wait for our DPL to give you the final word, in case there is anything else, but it will need to be amplified and reloaded.
~ Larry
Felicity12

Post by Felicity12 »

Cool, Thanks! :D
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

There aren't too many things:

Chapter 1: There should be 5 seconds of silence at the end. Also, since you'll already be in there, there is a little over 1 second of silence at the beginning, so you could trim that up.

Chapter 2: At 1:21 on there is a stumble on the word "at" in "He stared at little Mr. Chippy."
This one is up to you, at 1:44 you say Mr. Chip rather than Mr. Chippy in "Mr. Chippy was a shy"

Chapter 3: :48 there is a missing sentence "Just what I need!" should be right after "Ah!" cried Reddy the moment he spied this treasure." As it was already pointed out this one, the volume falls outside of the target range of 86-92 dB at 85.1 dB.

Nice reading! :D
julilloyd

Post by julilloyd »

silverquill wrote: September 4th, 2018, 8:45 pm

Juli
OK we got them, and I have them in the MW Ready for PL.
You didn't give the file length, but I put them through Checker, and then put the lengths in the MW for you.
In the process, I noticed that Section 3 was too low in volume, but let's wait for our DPL to give you the final word, in case there is anything else, but it will need to be amplified and reloaded.
Gracias! Jennifer has given me the corrections so I will get these amended and resubmit.

Juli
julilloyd

Post by julilloyd »

jenniferrd wrote: September 5th, 2018, 5:17 am There aren't too many things:

Chapter 1: There should be 5 seconds of silence at the end. Also, since you'll already be in there, there is a little over 1 second of silence at the beginning, so you could trim that up.

Chapter 2: At 1:21 on there is a stumble on the word "at" in "He stared at little Mr. Chippy."
This one is up to you, at 1:44 you say Mr. Chip rather than Mr. Chippy in "Mr. Chippy was a shy"

Chapter 3: :48 there is a missing sentence "Just what I need!" should be right after "Ah!" cried Reddy the moment he spied this treasure." As it was already pointed out this one, the volume falls outside of the target range of 86-92 dB at 85.1 dB.

Nice reading! :D
Thanks, Jennifer! I will make those changes and get them up soon.

Juli
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

"Ready, willing, and vaguely competent." -- Sandra Boynton, 2021
2839reader

Post by 2839reader »

Claim 7-10 please.
Signature: KATHLEEN
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

2839reader wrote: September 6th, 2018, 9:43 pm Claim 7-10 please.
All yours!
Thanks so much.
~ Larry
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Nan, that was a wonderful reading!

Chapters 4, 5, 6 - PL OK!