1 Minute Test

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
Amby

Post by Amby » August 11th, 2018, 3:34 pm

I used the recording software Audacity for my one minute test. I am using a Blue Yeti USB Microphone on a PC running Windows 10.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_amby.mp3

Thank you.
Amber P. “Amby”

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » August 13th, 2018, 12:29 am

Hey Amber! Welcome to Librivox!

The sound is nice a clear! That's what a Blue Yeti does! :D

What you'll need to change from the tech settings is for the recording to be in mono with a 128kpbs constant bitrate.

In Audacity, open the Preferences Dialog Box: menu Edit > Preferences, and under the Devices tab: Select 1 (Mono) in the Channels drop-down menu. Then click OK and it should save the setting for all future recordings.

When exporting, in the "Export file" window, look for the "Options" button, and click on that.
You'll see a "Specify MP3 Options" window now. Here click on:

Constant
128 kbps
Joint stereo

Click "OK", and it saves these settings for all future exports, so you won't need to revisit.

With these new settings, make a new recording, and post here to check again that all went well :D

Amby

Post by Amby » August 15th, 2018, 6:53 pm

Thank you for the response and detailed instructions. I’ll change those settings.
Amber P. “Amby”

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » August 16th, 2018, 1:38 am

Great! When you're ready, post a new recording to check again! Or ask if any questions come up in the process :D