1-minute test recording [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
JKHumphreys

Post by JKHumphreys » June 14th, 2018, 10:59 pm

I think this is all right. The Checker said it was after I finally got it working on my Linux Mint OS. I am using Audacity 2.1.2 with a Samsun Q2U mic On Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon 64bit
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_jkhumphreys.mp3

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » June 15th, 2018, 3:34 am

Hello JK and welcome to the forum :D

you are absolutely correct, Checker gives your test a Pass and so will I. :) Your reading is very agreeable, slow-paced without being boring. Easy to understand and follow along. I personally like this kind of narrative. :9:

Your tech specs are all LV standard as well :thumbs: If I had to say something, I would suggest one round of noise-cleaning to make the sound even clearer. However, the slight hum is not disturbing, so this test will get my official OK without further ado.

You are ready to roll, I hope you find some cool projects to start recording for. If you are an absolute beginner at recording, I would suggest doing a short section first, a short poem maybe or a short section from a group project. To learn the ropes is always easier with a one minute poem than with a 50 minute chapter from a novel. But it's totally up to you what you want to choose. :)

Have fun !

Sonia

JKHumphreys

Post by JKHumphreys » June 15th, 2018, 5:12 pm

Thanks so much. I love your little emojis.

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » June 16th, 2018, 1:31 am

JKHumphreys wrote:
June 15th, 2018, 5:12 pm
Thanks so much. I love your little emojis.
8-) I love them too. But you should have that option as well in your reply function ? :hmm: On my screen they're on the right side of the box where you write your posts.

Sonia