[COMPLETE][FULL] World's Story 3: Egypt, Africa, Arabia - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

dlantz wrote: August 3rd, 2018, 11:52 am The other change was a hair before 9:49. I said "spoke" rather than "spake", but realized it before I uploaded. I replaced it with a copy of a "spake" from an earlier point, but the inflection wasn't quite right. This time I replaced the whole phrase from scratch. I'm sorry; I should have realized that you would need to check all changes like that. I hope your vacation is more restful than the ongoing PL is. Dave
thank you the holidays were super cool ! But now I'm also happy to participate in the forum again. :9: Getting slowly on top of my PL backlog.

Your poem is totally PL ok now. Wonderful delivery. I seriously hope to see you in the next parts of the series as well.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Welcome home! Glad you had a good time. :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

perfect now, Larry, thanks ! Now I need to edit it all together, which will still take me some time. :? But I try to do it over the next few days.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: August 8th, 2018, 4:55 am Welcome home! Glad you had a good time. :)
hey, hi ! thanks for the welcome :9: I am working off my PL backlog, and I saw you have a section ready in heroines as well. Will get to that later (I started with the small sections, so yours is at the end of the list ;) )

I will also have a PL job for you soon, when I have edited the Cleopatra play together !!!

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Sounds good!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I have started with your first section and oh...your voice is so agreeable the listen to. :9: I really enjoyed listening to the building description. Excellent story-telling qualities. :thumbs:

I only found one part that can be cut out:

> at 4:43-4:53: (p. 68) "On the pyramids is shown....(etc)...for the workmen": this part of the sentence is repeated later on in full, so it can be cut out once

The rest is perfect. Thanks. Already looking forward to your next sections, but I need a short break now. Will try to do them today still, though. :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and I finished listening to the three picture descriptions as well. Wonderfully narrated again. :9: I loved the way you said Euergetes, at first glance I wouldn't have known how to pronounce this, but your version sounds absolutely great.

Only a few corrections to be made here, most importantly, the page inclusion in the title, which was a special request for this entire series (see my second post):

Section 21:

> at 0:15: could you just please insert the following after the title: "photograph p. 74", just before you launch into the text proper ? I wanted the pages included for the paintings and photographs, as special mention to the listeners, in case they want to check the images in the book

> at 0:23: (p. 74) "but to impress on him" - repeated, can be cut out once

> at 0:39-0:41: a break of 2 seconds in such a short text feels a bit long to me, but this is optional

Section 23:

> at 0:15: also here, please include "photograph p. 84" after the title

> at 1:51: end silence is only 1 second, could you add some 4 more to get to the required standard of 5 seconds, please :)

Section 27:

> at 0:23: and also here: please include page number: "painting p. 100" right before the explanatory text

thanks :) I will also extend your deadline for the remaining claims till September 9, according to your PM request.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

msfry wrote: August 6th, 2018, 7:21 am What an interesting project. Should any sections become open again, please let me know and I will try to claim a few. Thanks.
thank you so much, Michele, for your interest, and yes, there may be some orphans soon, and I'll happily assign them to you if you want. Just let me know.

edit: so, sections 95 and 96 have been orphaned and re-assigned to you from now on. Thanks and I hope you have fun with them :D

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and here is the assembled Cleopatra play. Kudos to the troupe, you all sound GREAT together :9: :clap:

Jim, over to you to act as final PL on this one. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume03_037_tappan_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 12:29 min.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I will do it this very day! 8-)
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Congrats to all. Section 37 is PL OK! :thumbs:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

So... Not to rush you just as soon as you get home, but.... How soon do we get to go to Rome? :mrgreen:
Rawbean23

Post by Rawbean23 »

Hi Kitty,

I hope I am doing this right. Here's my first attempt:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume03_070_tappan_128kb.mp3

I know I will have to adjust the volume, I couldn't make the RealGain work. I would appreciate other feeback as well. Please let me know what I can do to improve.

Rawbean
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: August 8th, 2018, 2:59 pm Congrats to all. Section 37 is PL OK! :thumbs:
thanks, Jim !!! That was fast. :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: August 8th, 2018, 4:54 pmSo... Not to rush you just as soon as you get home, but.... How soon do we get to go to Rome? :mrgreen:
someone is being impatient here :lol: well I want to wait a bit, maybe until we have less than 10 sections to go in this one. It's not good if I start too many too soon or the previous ones will stagnate.

But I'm glad there is interest in Rome and Greece...guys, I'm expecting FULL support from my drama friends (and everybody else that wants to read) to participate in the many DRs that will be in the next book. There's especially one play where I will need no less that 19 different readers :help:

I will announce it here once the new book is launched, hopefully by the end of the month.

Sonia