Catalogue and forum name change...

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
FinnHandyside

Post by FinnHandyside » May 17th, 2018, 7:19 pm

Sorry! I’ve seen a few of these posts and feel bad for asking but I’d like to have my catalogue and forum name changed due to there being a widely published author/poet with the name Richard Scott.
I know this is going to sound crazy but in an effort to minimize the possibility of name crossover in the future, I did a search for least common first and last names in United States and put two of them together into a name I’d like to use in the future: Finn Handyside. It could almost be a Harry Potter name! Lol. I’ve only done one recording so hopefully that would make things easier.
So, is it possible? Would someone be able to do it for me? I hope it’s not too ridiculous.....

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » May 17th, 2018, 7:37 pm

How about you just change your catalogue name ? That's the only one that is widely available outside the forum and is simple to change Only 2 or 3 people can actually change your forum name and it is quite time consuming for them . And cuts into the time they have for reading.

Anne
Our objective is to make all books in the public domain available, for free, in audio format on the internet. - Hugh McGuire.

kayray
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by kayray » May 17th, 2018, 9:16 pm

You are now "FinnHandyside". A name as cool as that is worth the effort! :D
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)

FinnHandyside

Post by FinnHandyside » May 18th, 2018, 4:43 am

kayray wrote:
May 17th, 2018, 9:16 pm
Thank you so much! I appreciate the effort! I’m totally prepared to start over completely: new email address, new 1 minute recording, re-record the two tiny poems I read, everything. But honestly, thank you 😊

kayray
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by kayray » May 18th, 2018, 9:07 am

If you want to change your email address, please let me do it. Email me at librivox [dot] forum [at] gmail [dot] com

Changing your own email address will de-activate your account. No one knows why, but that's what happens! :roll:
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)

FinnHandyside

Post by FinnHandyside » May 18th, 2018, 9:52 am

kayray wrote:
May 18th, 2018, 9:07 am
If you want to change your email address, please let me do it. Email me at librivox [dot] forum [at] gmail [dot] com

Changing your own email address will de-activate your account. No one knows why, but that's what happens! :roll:
Ok Kara, thank you! I'll send you an email :)

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo » May 18th, 2018, 4:49 pm

FinnHandyside wrote:
May 18th, 2018, 4:43 am
kayray wrote:
May 17th, 2018, 9:16 pm
Thank you so much! I appreciate the effort! I’m totally prepared to start over completely: new email address, new 1 minute recording, re-record the two tiny poems I read, everything. But honestly, thank you 😊
If you look in the MW for the poems you read, you will find that they now show as read by FinnHandyside. Your catalog name can be changed to match as well, but that is up to you.
Jo
My Librivox Solos
Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. - Barbara Tuchman

FinnHandyside

Post by FinnHandyside » May 19th, 2018, 6:30 am

Hi Jo! Yes, I suppose the catalog name should be changed too. I appreciate the help. Thank you!