[Group] An Account of Egypt by Herodotus - philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
pattymarie
Posts: 1139
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Post by pattymarie » July 14th, 2018, 4:25 am

Section 02 is PL OK. Thank you, Morgan.
Pattymarie

pattymarie
Posts: 1139
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Post by pattymarie » July 14th, 2018, 8:02 am

Section 8 is PL OK. Thank you, Philip.
Pattymarie

DrPGould
Posts: 2797
Joined: December 12th, 2016, 9:27 pm

Post by DrPGould » July 14th, 2018, 8:22 am

Thanks for your PL, PattieMarie.

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.

MorganScorpion
Posts: 1051
Joined: August 13th, 2008, 7:19 am
Location: London

Post by MorganScorpion » July 17th, 2018, 10:32 am

philchenevert wrote:
July 10th, 2018, 7:29 pm
MorganScorpion wrote:
July 10th, 2018, 6:04 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/anaccountofegypt_02_herodotus_128kb.mp3.MP3

It is 23 minutes and 6 seconds long.

Can I do part 3 please?
You bet you can have part 3. :D
Why is section 3 still marked as open?
"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - Eleanor Roosevelt.

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15564
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: By De Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » July 17th, 2018, 10:50 am

MorganScorpion wrote:
July 17th, 2018, 10:32 am
philchenevert wrote:
July 10th, 2018, 7:29 pm
MorganScorpion wrote:
July 10th, 2018, 6:04 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/anaccountofegypt_02_herodotus_128kb.mp3.MP3

It is 23 minutes and 6 seconds long.

Can I do part 3 please?
You bet you can have part 3. :D
Why is section 3 still marked as open?
An oversight on my part. I will fix it right now. Sorry.
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
BE PATIENT WITH YOURSELF! Yes, this means you. You are doing fine, just be patient. .

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here

MorganScorpion
Posts: 1051
Joined: August 13th, 2008, 7:19 am
Location: London

Post by MorganScorpion » July 17th, 2018, 11:07 am

Thanks.

:)
"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - Eleanor Roosevelt.

MorganScorpion
Posts: 1051
Joined: August 13th, 2008, 7:19 am
Location: London

Post by MorganScorpion » July 17th, 2018, 12:52 pm

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - Eleanor Roosevelt.

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15564
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: By De Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » July 17th, 2018, 6:31 pm

Section 4 has been put back into the pool for anyone to claim. :(
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
BE PATIENT WITH YOURSELF! Yes, this means you. You are doing fine, just be patient. .

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here

DrPGould
Posts: 2797
Joined: December 12th, 2016, 9:27 pm

Post by DrPGould » July 17th, 2018, 7:13 pm

Phil:

I'll be happy to finish section 4.

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15564
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: By De Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » July 17th, 2018, 7:49 pm

DrPGould wrote:
July 17th, 2018, 7:13 pm
Phil:

I'll be happy to finish section 4.

Many thanks,

Philip
Thank you Philip. Herodotus would be proud. Image
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
BE PATIENT WITH YOURSELF! Yes, this means you. You are doing fine, just be patient. .

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here

pattymarie
Posts: 1139
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Post by pattymarie » July 18th, 2018, 3:42 am

Section 3 is PL OK. Thank you, Morgan. :)
Pattymarie

pattymarie
Posts: 1139
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Post by pattymarie » July 18th, 2018, 4:20 am

Phil and Philip, this is embarrassing, but I listened to section 08 again last night and caught a brief repetition of a name that had slipped by me. Philip corrects the pronunciation the second time, so I've snipped out the first go myself and have the corrected file ready to up load. I just want to be sure you know it's coming so it doesn't cause confusion.

My computer added (1) at the end of the url when I exported from Audacity as mp3. I guess that's because I still had the original file with the same url on my computer. The addition remains even though I've deleted the original download. Do you agree I can just cut that off before uploading?
Pattymarie

DrPGould
Posts: 2797
Joined: December 12th, 2016, 9:27 pm

Post by DrPGould » July 18th, 2018, 7:22 am

Sure, Pattie Marie--no problem here. Thanks for doing the extra work (and sorry I bobbled it in the first place)

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15564
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: By De Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » July 18th, 2018, 8:08 am

pattymarie wrote:
July 18th, 2018, 4:20 am
Phil and Philip, this is embarrassing, but I listened to section 08 again last night and caught a brief repetition of a name that had slipped by me. Philip corrects the pronunciation the second time, so I've snipped out the first go myself and have the corrected file ready to up load. I just want to be sure you know it's coming so it doesn't cause confusion.

My computer added (1) at the end of the url when I exported from Audacity as mp3. I guess that's because I still had the original file with the same url on my computer. The addition remains even though I've deleted the original download. Do you agree I can just cut that off before uploading?
What Philip said and yes, just be sure that you are uploadiong the file with the correction; perhaps delete the first one?
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
BE PATIENT WITH YOURSELF! Yes, this means you. You are doing fine, just be patient. .

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here

DrPGould
Posts: 2797
Joined: December 12th, 2016, 9:27 pm

Post by DrPGould » July 18th, 2018, 9:24 am

Phil and Patti Marie:

Here is the link for Section 4. Its duration is 22:52.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/anaccountofegypt_04_herodotus_128kb.mp3

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.

Post Reply