FULL [DR] The Voyages of Doctor Dolittle - tg

Plays and other dramatic works
Post Reply
silverquill
Posts: 10666
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » August 10th, 2019, 10:30 pm

Oh, I didn't get the prologue in.
Well, here it is, my final file for this delightful book.
It has been such fun to narrate this story with all of its adventures and intriguing characters.
Now the deck is cleared to begin the next one.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_narrator_00_128kb.mp3 2:11

mightyfelix
Posts: 4153
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » September 13th, 2019, 12:23 pm

Section 9 ready for PL! :D

Elizabby
Posts: 9038
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 5:36 pm
Location: Kelsingra

Post by Elizabby » September 13th, 2019, 7:52 pm

Section 9 is PL OK! Nice editing work on the “interrupting” bit! Bumpo is hilarious!

mightyfelix
Posts: 4153
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » September 14th, 2019, 12:41 am

I have the cast list assembled. Just need to straighten out volume and spacing. Beth, do you have a suggestion of how to order the voice credits? I basically followed the cast list we have on google docs, but was thinking about doing order of appearance instead.

Elizabby
Posts: 9038
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 5:36 pm
Location: Kelsingra

Post by Elizabby » September 14th, 2019, 4:31 pm

I usually just follow the cast list, which comes out more or less on order of size, with the smaller parts in order of appearance.

I don’t usually put the entire cast list on the catalogue page either - just the main roles and then a list of other characters.

mightyfelix
Posts: 4153
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » September 29th, 2019, 8:50 pm

Larry, I'm working on section 10 and found a misread in the narrator that should have been caught in PL. Sorry about that. The text is "Pepito sprang forward and called to Don Enrique not to allow it, saying it was against all the rules of bullfighting." The file I have reads "Pepito sprang forward and called to Don Enrique not to follow it, saying it was against all the rules of bullfighting." I think the change here is too much to really get away with. Can you please just submit this one sentence in a separate file? Thanks!

Also sending PM, in case Larry is already unsubscribed here.

mightyfelix
Posts: 4153
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » September 29th, 2019, 10:28 pm

Looks like I owe you another apology. I'd thought that all the narration files were already PL ok, but it looks like there are several still waiting. I went ahead and checked 14 just now. There's only one note.

Missing "Long Arrow replied" at 14:30. You can submit this in its own file also.

I know you have a new setup now, and the sound may not match, but I'll do my best with whatever you can give me. My fault for letting them wait so long, I guess.

mightyfelix
Posts: 4153
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » September 29th, 2019, 10:50 pm

15 narration:

Seems like a piece was cut accidentally at 0:21. Underlined text is missing: "But their most interesting talk, mainly about plants, had hardly begun when an Indian runner came dashing up to us with a message."
6:37 "Shouted the Popsipetels." Can you give this line another go? The name of the tribe here is missing a syllable. Sounds like: "Popsitels."

silverquill
Posts: 10666
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » October 2nd, 2019, 10:34 pm

mightyfelix wrote:
September 29th, 2019, 8:50 pm
Larry, I'm working on section 10 and found a misread in the narrator that should have been caught in PL. Sorry about that. The text is "Pepito sprang forward and called to Don Enrique not to allow it, saying it was against all the rules of bullfighting." The file I have reads "Pepito sprang forward and called to Don Enrique not to follow it, saying it was against all the rules of bullfighting." I think the change here is too much to really get away with. Can you please just submit this one sentence in a separate file? Thanks!

Also sending PM, in case Larry is already unsubscribed here.
Here is the corrected line: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_narrator_line_10_128kb.mp3

silverquill
Posts: 10666
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » October 2nd, 2019, 10:36 pm

Yes, these sat a long, long time without any PL.
I'll try to get to these additional lines tomorrow.

mightyfelix
Posts: 4153
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » October 3rd, 2019, 4:25 pm

Section 16:

0:15 Sounds like tribal names caught you out again. :? The name here sounds like "Big-Jagger-dags." It should be "Bag-Jagderags." If it would help, have a listen to the file for the Popsipetel Elder. He gave a very good rendition of both names, at 0:34 and 0:50. The other instances of this name were ok, just fix the first one please. :)

EDIT: On second thought, I decided to see whether I couldn't patch in the name from another one of the places in the chapter where you say it. And it worked better than I expected! So forget about this note, and I will mark this file PL ok!
Last edited by mightyfelix on October 3rd, 2019, 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elizabby
Posts: 9038
Joined: April 1st, 2011, 5:36 pm
Location: Kelsingra

Post by Elizabby » October 3rd, 2019, 4:30 pm

Narration for Section 19 is PL Ok, except that in editing there’s one mouse click that should come out right at the start, between the LV disclaimer and the start of the text.

Devorah, I’ll PL backwards from the last chapters so we don’t overlap. I can PL the rest of the narration if you want to concentrate on editing.

mightyfelix
Posts: 4153
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » October 3rd, 2019, 4:30 pm

silverquill wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 10:34 pm
mightyfelix wrote:
September 29th, 2019, 8:50 pm
Larry, I'm working on section 10 and found a misread in the narrator that should have been caught in PL. Sorry about that. The text is "Pepito sprang forward and called to Don Enrique not to allow it, saying it was against all the rules of bullfighting." The file I have reads "Pepito sprang forward and called to Don Enrique not to follow it, saying it was against all the rules of bullfighting." I think the change here is too much to really get away with. Can you please just submit this one sentence in a separate file? Thanks!

Also sending PM, in case Larry is already unsubscribed here.
Here is the corrected line: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_narrator_line_10_128kb.mp3
I'm so sorry, Larry. :oops: I must not have been clear enough. The word should have been "allow," not "follow." The original file you submitted has "follow." :(

mightyfelix
Posts: 4153
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » October 3rd, 2019, 4:31 pm

Elizabby wrote:
October 3rd, 2019, 4:30 pm
Narration for Section 19 is PL Ok, except that in editing there’s one mouse click that should come out right at the start, between the LV disclaimer and the start of the text.

Devorah, I’ll PL backwards from the last chapters so we don’t overlap. I can PL the rest of the narration if you want to concentrate on editing.
Oh, thank you! We can mark 19 PL ok, if that is the only note. Easy to fix in editing.

mightyfelix
Posts: 4153
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » October 3rd, 2019, 6:59 pm

Section 11 is Ready for PL!

Post Reply