[OPEN:PLAY] The Dream by Joanna Baillie - thw

Plays and other dramatic works
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » July 13th, 2018, 3:33 am

Hey Tomas ! Great to have you back :9: sorry to hear you've caught a cold. Probably the air conditioning in the plane :?
Here is Mr. Osterloo for you. I have a cold right now and thought about holding off recording until it abated, but I figured the temporarily darker timbre of my voice suits the ambiguity of the character.
you did a brilliant job :clap: straight PL ok all of it. I love the very moody tone you keep up throughout. This man is really haunted by his past deeds. You're really the perfect gothic hero here. :thumbs: Thanks for having taken this role.

Oh and the hand-kissing was a nice touch 8-)

BTW Checker gave me a warning for a bit too much background noise, but it's ok, Chuck can maybe clean it a bit while assembling. Anyway, I had no problem listening to it all and it didn't disturb me too much.

Sonia

Foon

Post by Foon » July 13th, 2018, 6:33 am

Kitty wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 2:52 am

Only one small note for the First Peasant:

> at 1:40: before “Hist hist..." – here you forgot to leave 2 seconds of pause, even though it was a separate quote. But no need to reupload as there were no other errors. Our editor will manage to cut and paste it out for once with a bit of fiddling.
Ooooh apologies. I must have cleaned that up but forgotten to put silence back between them.. It would be no effort for me to fix that & reupload, wouldn't that be easier for the editor?
Foon

Fancy a fairy tale? Swanhilde (two sections left!) || Feeling heroic or chivalrous? Junior Classics Vol. 4 (NEW) || Looking for a laugh? Biscuits and Bills, a one-act comedy!

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » July 13th, 2018, 8:29 am

Foon wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 6:33 am
Ooooh apologies. I must have cleaned that up but forgotten to put silence back between them.. It would be no effort for me to fix that & reupload, wouldn't that be easier for the editor?
it's as you wish. I think Chuck will manage for this one time ;) it's really only this one part, so you're forgiven :mrgreen:

Sonia

ChuckW

Post by ChuckW » July 13th, 2018, 8:08 pm

Kitty wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 8:29 am
Foon wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 6:33 am
it's as you wish. I think Chuck will manage for this one time ;) it's really only this one part, so you're forgiven :mrgreen:

Sonia
Are you kidding me? This is an easy fix. :-) Trust me, I've had to clean up some pretty grungy sound files during my time here.
Help Us Finish These Projects:
The Dream (Joanna Baillie): 1 medium-sized role, 8 very small roles
The Book of American Negro Poetry (multiple authors): Numerous sections available

MAJOR MICROPHONE PROBLEMS. MAY NOT BE ABLE TO RECORD FOR A WHILE.