[OPEN:PLAY] The Dream by Joanna Baillie - thw

Plays and other dramatic works
adr6090

Post by adr6090 » June 14th, 2018, 12:27 pm

Yes, the second executioner is the one I meant & thank you for signing me up for both of the roles I had mentioned.
Kitty wrote:
June 14th, 2018, 11:54 am
adr6090 wrote:
June 14th, 2018, 10:34 am
Sections 08; old woman peasant & 18; executioner are what I would like to claim in this play.
so cool ! I am looking forward to hearing you as executioner :shock: You do mean the Second Executioner, right ? I'll sign you up for both roles, since they are in different acts. Thanks, April

Sonia
April6090

benderca

Post by benderca » June 14th, 2018, 12:36 pm

Kitty wrote:
June 9th, 2018, 4:53 am
benderca wrote:
June 8th, 2018, 4:28 pm
Here's Paul, Act 1:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_paul_1_128kb.mp3
wonderful job, TJ !!! I love the sort of raspy voice the brother has (I hope it doesn't mean you have a scratchy throat :? ) But it's a great effect. And the trepidation when he recounts his visions is really well acted out. :thumbs:

Only one missing line need to be inserted:

> at about 1:12: missing line (p. 107): (calling to those without): "Ho there ! What is the matter ?"

thanks !

Sonia
Thanks, Sonia. I'll add that line. No, no scratchy throat -- actually I'm in the best of health, which means my voice can go higher (and lower). Summer and sunshine are great for my vocal chords! :D

Here's Paul, Act 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_paul_2_128kb.mp3

Did you happen to notice any lines for Paul or Omnes in Chapter 3 while you were PLing? I think he may just be a prop (a good-looking one, though not too heroic -- afraid of catching a little plague... disgraceful). :wink:

ChuckW

Post by ChuckW » June 14th, 2018, 5:00 pm

adr6090 wrote:
June 14th, 2018, 12:27 pm
Yes, the second executioner is the one I meant & thank you for signing me up for both of the roles I had mentioned.
Kitty wrote:
June 14th, 2018, 11:54 am
adr6090 wrote:
June 14th, 2018, 10:34 am
Sections 08; old woman peasant & 18; executioner are what I would like to claim in this play.
so cool ! I am looking forward to hearing you as executioner :shock: You do mean the Second Executioner, right ? I'll sign you up for both roles, since they are in different acts. Thanks, April

Sonia
Thanks for signing up, adr6090! :-)
Help Us Finish These Plays:
The Dream (Joanna Baillie)

Coming Soon
Plays of the Natural and Supernatural (Theodore Dreiser)

ChuckW

Post by ChuckW » June 14th, 2018, 5:01 pm

benderca wrote:
June 14th, 2018, 12:36 pm
Kitty wrote:
benderca wrote:
June 8th, 2018, 4:28 pm
Here's Paul, Act 1:
wonderful job, TJ !!! I love the sort of raspy voice the brother has (I hope it doesn't mean you have a scratchy throat :? ) But it's a great effect. And the trepidation when he recounts his visions is really well acted out. :thumbs:

> at about 1:12: missing line (p. 107): (calling to those without): "Ho there ! What is the matter ?"

thanks !

Sonia
Thanks, Sonia. I'll add that line. No, no scratchy throat -- actually I'm in the best of health, which means my voice can go higher (and lower). Summer and sunshine are great for my vocal chords! :D

Here's Paul, Act 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_paul_2_128kb.mp3

Did you happen to notice any lines for Paul or Omnes in Chapter 3 while you were PLing? I think he may just be a prop (a good-looking one, though not too heroic -- afraid of catching a little plague... disgraceful). :wink:
I mean... I can't blame him. I wouldn't want to catch the plague either.

And, um... I think I messed up. I couldn't find any lines either. Sorry.
Help Us Finish These Plays:
The Dream (Joanna Baillie)

Coming Soon
Plays of the Natural and Supernatural (Theodore Dreiser)

benderca

Post by benderca » June 15th, 2018, 2:15 pm

Kitty wrote:

thanks !

Sonia
Thanks, Sonia!

Now I have a scratchy voice. I just read a 14-page story from your World's Story project. Then I tried to Paul again and couldn't get down so low. I guess I need to rest my voice... 8-)

I added the missing line at about 1:12. Hope it's paulish enough: