Samuel L Brengle books - new source added?

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles » January 13th, 2019, 7:51 pm

Elizabby wrote:
January 13th, 2019, 4:36 pm
PS - I've just realised that this is an all-women project (so far at least) with you, me and Patty as our DPL! No fellow men yet! ;)
Hmm, this can mean one of two things.

Either A) : It's slipped your mind :wink: that when discussion was taking place originally, I expressed an interest in Chapter 6. "Fight the Good Fight of Faith";

Or B): The Ladies-of-Librivox have declared me an Honorary Woman. In which case I hope I can live up to it. :mrgreen:

I didn't really follow all the discussion above. (See Acts 2:4). So, I gather the project is good to go now?

Cheers,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » January 13th, 2019, 8:40 pm

Your claim is on the project page which is at present waiting till the scanned PD copy is available to use. When that happens it will come out of hiding.
I moved it as conducting the same conversation over multiple threads is very confusing :D

Anne

mightyfelix

Post by mightyfelix » January 13th, 2019, 9:18 pm

SonOfTheExiles wrote:
January 13th, 2019, 7:51 pm
The Ladies-of-Librivox have declared me an Honorary Woman. In which case I hope I can live up to it. :mrgreen:

After the Parlour Maid, I think we can allow this.
I didn't really follow all the discussion above. (See Acts 2:4). So, I gather the project is good to go now?
Not quite. Even though we checked the text of my book against these files, they're still problematic. I've photographed each page of the book and am in the process of grooming them for upload to archive. Soon. Very soon.

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby » January 13th, 2019, 9:47 pm

SonOfTheExiles wrote:
January 13th, 2019, 7:51 pm
Elizabby wrote:
January 13th, 2019, 4:36 pm
PS - I've just realised that this is an all-women project (so far at least) with you, me and Patty as our DPL! No fellow men yet! ;)
Hmm, this can mean one of two things.

Either A) : It's slipped your mind :wink: that when discussion was taking place originally, I expressed an interest in Chapter 6. "Fight the Good Fight of Faith";

Or B): The Ladies-of-Librivox have declared me an Honorary Woman. In which case I hope I can live up to it. :mrgreen:
It was actually A, and also I can't see the project thread at the moment as the project isn't quite ready to roll.

But as for B, if the cap fits, happy for you to wear it! Pink or white lace suit you better?

SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles » January 13th, 2019, 11:05 pm

Elizabby wrote:
January 13th, 2019, 9:47 pm
Pink or white lace suit you better?
If Coco Chanel could wear white after Labor Day, why can’t I? :wink:

Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."