Other Hobbies?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
paulkass

Post by paulkass » February 26th, 2018, 8:13 am

I like to do yoga from time to time to stretch a bit and make myself move :D otherwise I'm much of a couch potato really. Nice to see some fans of DL here :) I once tried to brush up my German, but eventually ditched it (shame on me, should definitely start again)

almost forgot to mention! I'm a freelance photographer and occasionally take pictures of property all around the world https://tranio.com/greece/adt/1725992/ Sometimes I 'shoot' people too :)
Last edited by paulkass on February 26th, 2018, 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 » February 26th, 2018, 8:40 am

As for DL, a person at another forum said "Let's see how much motivation you still have after completing the tree". And she was right. I left DL soon afterwards...
Come help us record The Deluge THE DELUGE IS BACK!
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS

venus12

Post by venus12 » February 28th, 2018, 6:36 am

I love to learn a new language too, I'm thinking of Mandarin.
watekinslet wrote:
February 13th, 2018, 6:09 am
I've started to pick up a few new hobbies that I'm excited about. One is archery :D Another is learning Spanish. I like the idea of doing archery because it's physical but also has a meditative aspect to it. As for learning a language, I just feel like I want to! Never really known another language other than English, but it's been quite fun learning Spanish with Duolingo.

watekinslet

Post by watekinslet » March 1st, 2018, 7:57 am

Duolingo struggles a bit with making sure you're remembering old words and sentences. It's easy to learn new stuff, but I think it could do a better job of forcing you to retain the things you did last week, or whenever.

Pallow

Post by Pallow » May 25th, 2018, 7:37 am

I work as a copywriter, so it's no wonder, my biggest hobby is reading. I like it and sure it's really important to keep knowledges fresh. Besides, my passion is traveling and bicycle riding. If I have an opportunity, I always try to buy a ticket to another country or city. Also, I'm interested in floristry design :D

lynn0301

Post by lynn0301 » June 25th, 2018, 11:49 am

Mine are playing music (I'm a violinist), crocheting & knitting, cooking, learning foreign languages, and watching figure skating. I'm a former dancer as well, having danced for 8 years as a child. I hope to get back into it this summer :)

Besides being a violinist, I hope to learn the ukulele or the accordion someday (or maybe even both). It's fun to be a multi-instrumentalist! I'm also dying to learn figure skating, but unfortunately, my city doesn't have an ice rink.
Difficile lectu mihi mars et jonicu difficile- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart