Multilingual Short Works Collection 019-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
sonora
Posts: 3
Joined: March 21st, 2018, 9:00 am

Post by sonora » May 16th, 2018, 8:51 am

Hello, I would also be happy to contribute and will appreciate any feedback:)

URL for the mp3 file from the Uploader - https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/msw019_tonda_capek_mn_128kb.mp3
Duration of recording (mm:ss) - 05:01
URL for online text - http://www.pdfknihy.maxzone.eu/books/capek_karel/bajky_a_podpovidky-capek.pdf
Title of work - Tonda
Date of publication - 1961
Name of author - Karel Čapek
Birth date and date of death of author if available (xxxx-xxxx) - 1890-1938
URL for author information (e.g. wikipedia) if available - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karel_%C4%8Capek
Brief indication of the work in a few words: a short story
Language: Czech
[/list]
* Reader's name to use on the catalogue page - Martina Nomak

ShiNeko
Posts: 1701
Joined: June 5th, 2013, 9:35 am
Location: Pearl near the Sea

Post by ShiNeko » May 20th, 2018, 12:06 pm

sonora wrote:
May 16th, 2018, 8:51 am
Hello, I would also be happy to contribute and will appreciate any feedback:)

URL for the mp3 file from the Uploader - https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/msw019_tonda_capek_mn_128kb.mp3
Duration of recording (mm:ss) - 05:01
URL for online text - http://www.pdfknihy.maxzone.eu/books/capek_karel/bajky_a_podpovidky-capek.pdf
Title of work - Tonda
Date of publication - 1961
Name of author - Karel Čapek
Birth date and date of death of author if available (xxxx-xxxx) - 1890-1938
URL for author information (e.g. wikipedia) if available - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karel_%C4%8Capek
Brief indication of the work in a few words: a short story
Language: Czech

* Reader's name to use on the catalogue page - Martina Nomak
Hello Martina! Welcome to LibriVox! :clap: :clap: :clap: Here is your reader page: https://librivox.org/reader/12518
or you can just click on your user name in the Magic Window (MW).
On your reader page (also Reader section details) you can find the projects in which you take/took part and see which chapters you need to/had recorded, which are proof-listened (PLed) OK and which have PL notes.

Cheers! :D

EDITED As I was pointed, Martina, we have a problem with the publication date here. It is 1961. As it is written in the first post, all works, which are published outside the USA, should have the publication date before 1923. I thought we could find older version of this fable collection, however, Tonda was published for the first time (as mentioned in your pdf file) in 1937, so it isn't in the PD for the USA.
I'm sorry to say this, Martina, but we can't use your recording. Maybe you could record something else.
P.S. if you have problems finding Czech books in the Public Domain, feel free to PM any active Czech reader to ask were one can find them.
~Nastya
紫猫

sonora
Posts: 3
Joined: March 21st, 2018, 9:00 am

Post by sonora » May 26th, 2018, 6:31 am

Hello, thank you very much for your reply!
Sorry for not reading thoroughly enough, I really thought that if the short story was in PD in the Czech Republic, it would be enough. I can sure do something else. Can I just ask why there is this additional condition of having to be published before 1923?
Have a nice weekend:)

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19534
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » May 27th, 2018, 3:24 pm

This is a quote taken from our page on Copyright and Public Domain. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=881

Please note that, because the LibriVox server resides in the US, we are bound by US copyright laws. There are many Gutenberg & similar projects based outside the US, but at LibriVox we only record books from them which were published before 1923.

There is a sister project, called Legamus, which can host your recording because it is European-based. We have to follow US copyright law, which does not go by death date +years, but by copyright expiration for texts published before a certain year.
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

sonora
Posts: 3
Joined: March 21st, 2018, 9:00 am

Post by sonora » May 28th, 2018, 2:48 am

Thanks:))

Martine
Posts: 41
Joined: March 26th, 2018, 5:09 am

Post by Martine » May 29th, 2018, 9:46 am

Hello
i send you a poem in french language : A quoi je songe de Victor Hugo.
This is my first contribution :D


URL for the mp3 file from the Uploader - https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/msw019_aquoijesonge_Hugo_ms_128kb.mp3
Duration of recording (mm:ss) - 2:42
URL for online text - https://fr.wikisource.org/wiki/%C2%AB_%C3%80_quoi_je_songe_%3F_%C2%BB
Title of work - A quoi je songe
Date of publication - 1909
Name of author - Victor Hugo
Birth date and date of death of author if available 1802 - 1885
URL for author information (e.g. wikipedia) if available - https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Hugo
Brief indication of the work in a few words: (for example: poetry or prose, fiction or non-fiction, genre or keywords; will be used in the summary) poetry
Language: french

[/list]

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13237
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » May 29th, 2018, 10:15 am

Martine wrote:
May 29th, 2018, 9:46 am
Hello
i send you a poem in french language : A quoi je songe de Victor Hugo.
This is my first contribution :D
URL for the mp3 file from the Uploader - https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/msw019_aquoijesonge_Hugo_ms_128kb.mp3
resalut :mrgreen:

in English this time ;) the poem is perfect, like before. But something went wrong with amplifiying. Did you input the number 8 in the upper box ? Surely not in the lower box (new peak amplitude), because that is the wrong place. Somehow your volume is too high now and when I tried it on my computer 8 was just right. :hmm:

Sorry, but could you please do the amplification once again, this time put in "-4" (don't forget the MINUS sign !!!) in the upper box ? Then it should be all perfect.

Also at the end we leave a standard of only 5 seconds of silence, you have over 7 seconds. You could cut out 2 seconds. I hear there are a few clicks, you could cut those out just to make it sound cleaner ;)

Then finally, before you reupload, could you name the file with only small letters, "hugo" not "Hugo". The rest is fine.

Thanks so much ! And congratulations to your first recording !!!! :clap:

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13237
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » May 29th, 2018, 10:21 am

And here, as promised, your personal reader page: https://librivox.org/reader/12541

Here you can find all the projects you will be participating in and what sections you still need to read or have PL notes.

Sonia

Martine
Posts: 41
Joined: March 26th, 2018, 5:09 am

Post by Martine » May 29th, 2018, 2:13 pm

hello
i re upload the file and i hope everything is right

URL for the mp3 file from the Uploader - https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/msw019_aquoijesonge_hugo_ms_128kb.mp3
Duration of recording (mm:ss) - 2:42
URL for online text - https://fr.wikisource.org/wiki/%C2%AB_%C3%80_quoi_je_songe_%3F_%C2%BB
Title of work - A quoi je songe
Date of publication - 1909
Name of author - Victor Hugo
Birth date and date of death of author if available 1802 - 1885
URL for author information (e.g. wikipedia) if available - https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Hugo
Brief indication of the work in a few words: (for example: poetry or prose, fiction or non-fiction, genre or keywords; will be used in the summary) poetry
Language: french

Thanks for your help and your advices :D

Martine

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13237
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » May 29th, 2018, 2:17 pm

Martine wrote:
May 29th, 2018, 2:13 pm
hello
i re upload the file and i hope everything is right
super, Martine, oui maintenant ça passe tous les tests :thumbs:

This section is now PL ok. Your first recording is official :clap:

Sonia

Martine
Posts: 41
Joined: March 26th, 2018, 5:09 am

Post by Martine » May 30th, 2018, 2:16 am

Super ! 8-) 8-) 8-)

Martine

KendalRigans
Posts: 262
Joined: June 29th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Post by KendalRigans » June 12th, 2018, 4:59 pm

SPANISH

Holaaa, quisiera colaborar con esta contribución.

URL for the mp3 file from the Uploader: https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/msw19_losojosdejudas_valdelomar_kr_128kb.mp3
Duration of recording (mm:ss): 28:00
URL for online text: https://archive.org/details/elcaballerocarme00vald
Title of wor: Los ojos de Judas
Date of publication: 1900
Name of author: Abraham Valdelomar
Birth date and date of death of author if available: 1888-1919
URL for author information (e.g. wikipedia) if available: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Valdelomar
Brief indication of the work in a few words:Los ojos de judas; Abraham Valdelomar; Pisco; Semana santa
Language: Spanish

:D :D :D
Kendal Rigans
"Nunca dejes para mañana el libro que puedes leer hoy"
Holbrook Jackson

ShiNeko
Posts: 1701
Joined: June 5th, 2013, 9:35 am
Location: Pearl near the Sea

Post by ShiNeko » June 13th, 2018, 10:13 am

KendalRigans wrote:
June 12th, 2018, 4:59 pm

SPANISH
Holaaa, quisiera colaborar con esta contribución.

URL for the mp3 file from the Uploader: https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/msw19_losojosdejudas_valdelomar_kr_128kb.mp3
Duration of recording (mm:ss): 28:00
URL for online text: https://archive.org/details/elcaballerocarme00vald
Title of wor: Los ojos de Judas
Date of publication: 1900
Name of author: Abraham Valdelomar
Birth date and date of death of author if available: 1888-1919
URL for author information (e.g. wikipedia) if available: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Valdelomar
Brief indication of the work in a few words:Los ojos de judas; Abraham Valdelomar; Pisco; Semana santa
Language: Spanish
:D :D :D
Thanks! :)
~Nastya
紫猫

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13237
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » June 14th, 2018, 5:07 am

KendalRigans wrote:
June 12th, 2018, 4:59 pm
Holaaa, quisiera colaborar con esta contribución.
Title of wor: Los ojos de Judas
Date of publication: 1900
Name of author: Abraham Valdelomar
thank you for your story, Kendal. Now I don't speak Spanish, but I managed to follow along with the text, although you were speaking quite a bit fast for my taste (since I'm not fluent in the language ;) ) but native Spanish speakers probably don't have a problem following along, so that's fine. As far as I can tell, there is nothing missing, so I can mark the section PL ok.

Just as a suggestion for further recordings: your volume is quite near the bottom limit, just over 86 dB. 3 dB louder would be even better for the listening experience. Some parts were quite low on volume so I had to crank it up to hear it well. But for this section it's ok.

:)

Sonia

KendalRigans
Posts: 262
Joined: June 29th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Post by KendalRigans » June 14th, 2018, 7:39 am

Kitty wrote:
June 14th, 2018, 5:07 am
KendalRigans wrote:
June 12th, 2018, 4:59 pm
Holaaa, quisiera colaborar con esta contribución.
Title of wor: Los ojos de Judas
Date of publication: 1900
Name of author: Abraham Valdelomar
thank you for your story, Kendal. Now I don't speak Spanish, but I managed to follow along with the text, although you were speaking quite a bit fast for my taste (since I'm not fluent in the language ;) ) but native Spanish speakers probably don't have a problem following along, so that's fine. As far as I can tell, there is nothing missing, so I can mark the section PL ok.

Just as a suggestion for further recordings: your volume is quite near the bottom limit, just over 86 dB. 3 dB louder would be even better for the listening experience. Some parts were quite low on volume so I had to crank it up to hear it well. But for this section it's ok.

:)

Sonia

Thank you very much.
I had some problems with the audio but I´m trying to fix that.
Thank you again.
:D :D :D :D :D
Kendal Rigans
"Nunca dejes para mañana el libro que puedes leer hoy"
Holbrook Jackson

Post Reply