[COMPLETE][Solo] The Seen and the Unseen, by Richard Marsh - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

8:18 - There may be a mix-up of voices here.

Page 300 (314) - “The inference conveyed is very flattering.” I expected the girl’s voice and it sounds closer to the mother’s.

“Is it? I don’t know.” I expected the man’s voice and it sounds like the girl.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote: July 20th, 2018, 11:41 am 8:18 - There may be a mix-up of voices here.
Page 300 (314) - “The inference conveyed is very flattering.” I expected the girl’s voice and it sounds closer to the mother’s.
“Is it? I don’t know.” I expected the man’s voice and it sounds like the girl.
oh I understood this differently and did the voices accordingly.

1) the Duke asks if the girl goes to Boulogne as well
2) the girl smirks at that, and the Duke is a bit astonished
3) the duke says, a bit hurt, but still flippant as he is, that his question should be flattering to her, because it means that he would like to see her again, so she shouldn't smirk
4) the girls answers sarcastically if that is really meant as flattering, she wouldn't be so sure about that, since it could also be a bit of a slight, meaning the duke thinks she is easy game

So the first sentence was said by the Duke and the second by the girl.

I think according to their characters, the other way around doesn't make much sense in the context. :hmm:

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

OK, sounds good.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote: July 21st, 2018, 8:01 am OK, sounds good.
oh and the rest is PL ok ? Thanks !!!! :9:

one left

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and here it is: the FINAL chapter :9: Sorry for bringing it on so rapidly after the other one, but as you can expect, I am thrilled to be finished. Still, no hurry on your side, I am just happy that my part is over in this now.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/seenandunseen_28_marsh_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 19:21 min.

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

Good for her!

PL OK. Congratulations on your solo. Very nicely done. I’ve enjoyed it and I’m sure many others will as well.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote: July 22nd, 2018, 7:49 am Good for her!
yes it was a happy ending for Edith :9: although I'm not so sure that all is rosy for Polly. Well she has to choose her own path.

PL OK. Congratulations on your solo. Very nicely done. I’ve enjoyed it and I’m sure many others will as well.
thank you for being so fast today !!!! :D That means I can start archiving it now.

Once again, thank you for the great PL and the invaluable advice on pronunciation you gave me. I learnt a few new things again in this project. Thank you for sticking with me through this and I'm glad you liked the stories.

Will be back with the link once I'm done...

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and here's the official link :9:

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/the-seen-and-the-unseen-by-richard-marsh/

I'm happy that I was able to finish it before the full year was out. I hope you like the cover, Linny. I had a hard time deciding between two versions, but finally settled on this one.

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

I like the cover. You did a great job. Covers are beyond my capability or maybe it's patience instead of capability. :lol:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote: July 23rd, 2018, 11:09 am I like the cover. You did a great job. Covers are beyond my capability or maybe it's patience instead of capability. :lol:
oh I only do sheer basic covers too. I take a picture I like, usually a painting, cut out a square excerpt and put the few words of the title and author in. I cannot compete with all those great artists out there, but for me, this "simple" layout is enough. :9:

I hope you noticed the pun....Richard Marsh, and this is the painting of a marsh landscape ;)

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

Kitty wrote: July 23rd, 2018, 11:37 am I hope you noticed the pun....Richard Marsh, and this is the painting of a marsh landscape ;)
I did indeed. As soon as I saw it I thought it was very inventive to go with the author instead of the title. Nicely done. :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote: July 23rd, 2018, 11:55 amI did indeed. As soon as I saw it I thought it was very inventive to go with the author instead of the title. Nicely done. :)

Sonia