In Memoriam

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Henry, Kara Shallenberg's son, has reported that Kara passed away on 28th September.

In spite of suffering a long term severe illness, she remained active to the end - an inspiration to all of us.

Vale Kara.
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Availle »

Kara has her own thread here: viewtopic.php?t=98158
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Algy Pug wrote: October 3rd, 2023, 5:59 pm Henry, Kara Shallenberg's son, has reported that Kara passed away on 28th September.

In spite of suffering a long term severe illness, she remained active to the end - an inspiration to all of us.

Vale Kara.
She was the first voice I ever heard from Librivox and will be SORELY missed. :cry: :cry:
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
lanternland

Post by lanternland »

TriciaG wrote: March 1st, 2023, 5:04 pm We have received news that Richard Kilmer (rkilmer), a long-time reader, passed away last May:

"I wanted to let you know that my husband, RICHARD KILMER, died on May 13, 2022. He loved recording for Librivox so did I.
I am so thankful that we got the chance to experience it all. Keep up the good work!"
https://librivox.org/reader/4078
Oh! He was another GREAT reader. God bless him. He's in a far better place now.
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

More sad news. I have just received the following message about reader John Burlinson (jburlinson) from his wife Carol.

It is with deep sadness that I need to tell you that John Burlinson passed away on May 3, 2024 from natural causes.

This is Carol, his wife of 50 years. Also, I want you to know that John loved recording audiobooks.

John was born on October 10, 1950.
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by silverquill »

Sad news indeed! John was a stalwart in so many ways here and in all he did.

~ Larry
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

Wow!! I'm so glad I stumbled onto this thread!

I have only been a volunteer here for a short time, but have been familiar with the voices of Kara Shallenberg and Beth Thomas for years. When I saw death dates on both of their pages I was a little bit devastated. Some of the people who have passed on were so young! I'm so curious to know who they all were and what brought them here.

I'm very grateful to be getting to know some of you, while we're still here! 8-)