~[MUSIC]J.S. Bach, Volume 2 by A. Schweitzer d1965-mtf

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

I'm typically the one who updates the MW...sometimes it's difficult with so many links and singing vs. music, etc. So my apologies if I have not been as on board as I should have been as the BC.
Mozartjr
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

Well folks, thank you for your help and patience. This is my last shot at understanding my job: :D

I PL files that are readings. Some of these will need an annotation in the Notes column - "PL OK for now, but missing music. Will need a final spot PL."

I also PL the files labelled "Music" and those labelled "Singing". The links to these files will appear in the "Listen URL" column.

I do not PL the piano recordings intended for the singer, which are the links that appear only in the "Notes" column.

Best,

Barbara
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

barbara2 wrote: October 28th, 2022, 2:17 pm ...

Well folks, thank you for your help and patience. This is my last shot at understanding my job: :D

I PL files that are readings. Some of these will need an annotation in the Notes column - "PL OK for now, but missing music. Will need a final spot PL."

I also PL the files labelled "Music" and those labelled "Singing". The links to these files will appear in the "Listen URL" column.

I do not PL the piano recordings intended for the singer, which are the links that appear only in the "Notes" column.

Best,

Barbara
That sounds correct to me.
Mozartjr
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

I have uploaded the final piano section - This link should be added to the notes for section 102, so the voice recording can be completed.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/jsbach2_102_piano.mp3 0:22
Krista
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

kristakz wrote: November 24th, 2022, 8:32 am I have uploaded the final piano section - This link should be added to the notes for section 102, so the voice recording can be completed.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/jsbach2_102_piano.mp3 0:22
Done!
ChrisGreaves

Post by ChrisGreaves »

mightyfelix wrote: November 25th, 2022, 5:20 pm
kristakz wrote: November 24th, 2022, 8:32 am I have uploaded the final piano section -
Hi. I am not ignoring you-all. I have d/l the piano piece for 102.
I am waiting for my neighbours to finish chain-sawing their 53-foot trailer loads of logs outside my new windows.
Should be done Real Soon Now, although I have no idea how they caught me d/ling that small Mp3 track!
Cheers, Chris
I adopt YOUR orphaned chapters, for FREE!
ChrisGreaves

Post by ChrisGreaves »

mightyfelix wrote: November 25th, 2022, 5:20 pmDone!
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/jsbach_102-voice_schweitzer.mp3
Done too!
Cheers, Chris
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

ChrisGreaves wrote: December 4th, 2022, 1:14 pm
Done too!
Cheers, Chris
PL OK. Just needs Chris's first attempts to be edited out when integrating the files.

Best,

Barbara
ChrisGreaves

Post by ChrisGreaves »

barbara2 wrote: December 6th, 2022, 8:42 pm PL OK. Just needs Chris's first attempts to be edited out when integrating the files.
Hi Barbara.

You are correct in that when recording the singing parts I am in the habit of recording a continuous set of audio, and stopping only when I feel comfortable that (usually) the latest is Good Enough For Government Work (grin), at which time I delete the preceding elements, leaving just the final cut behind.

If now you look at the text for 102, in particular the scores for 107, 108a, 108b and 108c you may notice a slight change between 107 and 108a; it's OK, I don't read musical scores, but my eyes can see that there is a slight difference.
So in theory at any rate there ought to be an audible difference between my two chunks that lie between 00:00 and 04:30.

I confess that I did not leave at least a 1-second gap between my 108a and 108b; that is, there ought to be a gap immediately after 04:30.

There are many reasons why the two chunks may sound the same; amongst them :-
(a) Krista may have recorded the score incorrectly (although I doubt that. I am more certain that I have mis-heard what she recorded!)
(b) My ears may not have picked up the difference between 107 and 108a
(c) My brain/voice may not have repeated the difference between 107 and 108a

Might you please go back and listen to the MP3 again while staring at the score for 107 and 108a?
If the two chunks really do sound the same to you (hence "Chris's first attempts"), then they will also sound the same to the audio book's listener, and I should clear this up. Especially as this is an audio-book, and a blind reader will not have access to the printed score.

At this stage in the text Schweitzer is making a point about the difference between versions, so we have to make those differences audible!

Thanks, Chris
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

ChrisGreaves wrote: December 7th, 2022, 4:26 am
barbara2 wrote: December 6th, 2022, 8:42 pm PL OK. Just needs Chris's first attempts to be edited out when integrating the files.
Hi Barbara.

You are correct in that when recording the singing parts I am in the habit of recording a continuous set of audio, and stopping only when I feel comfortable that (usually) the latest is Good Enough For Government Work (grin), at which time I delete the preceding elements, leaving just the final cut behind.

If now you look at the text for 102, in particular the scores for 107, 108a, 108b and 108c you may notice a slight change between 107 and 108a; it's OK, I don't read musical scores, but my eyes can see that there is a slight difference.
So in theory at any rate there ought to be an audible difference between my two chunks that lie between 00:00 and 04:30.

I confess that I did not leave at least a 1-second gap between my 108a and 108b; that is, there ought to be a gap immediately after 04:30.

There are many reasons why the two chunks may sound the same; amongst them :-
(a) Krista may have recorded the score incorrectly (although I doubt that. I am more certain that I have mis-heard what she recorded!)
(b) My ears may not have picked up the difference between 107 and 108a
(c) My brain/voice may not have repeated the difference between 107 and 108a

Might you please go back and listen to the MP3 again while staring at the score for 107 and 108a?
If the two chunks really do sound the same to you (hence "Chris's first attempts"), then they will also sound the same to the audio book's listener, and I should clear this up. Especially as this is an audio-book, and a blind reader will not have access to the printed score.

At this stage in the text Schweitzer is making a point about the difference between versions, so we have to make those differences audible!

Thanks, Chris
Thanks for explaining that so clearly Chris. I've had very intermittent access to the internet and pounced without considering.... There the connection goes again. A new router is on the way.

Best,

Barbara
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

ChrisGreaves wrote: December 4th, 2022, 1:14 pm
Done too!
Cheers, Chris
Chris, considering all the errors I have made, it is with trepidation that I suggest that the two "dreimal verleugen" need to be re-recorded. The two syllables of the first "leugnen" should be sung on the same note. And both "dreimal verleugnens" sound identical (perhaps you accidentally deleted the correct second version?).

Best,

Barbara
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

Hi, I need more help!

Section 101, Ch 35 Pt 2 Music is labelled "Ready for PL":
Section 101 Ch 35 Pt 2 Music p406a, p406b, p406c, p407a, p407b, p408a, p408b, p408c, p408d, p408e, p409a,
But the "Listen URL" link to Section 101 (jsbach2_102_piano.mp3) is for the music to Chris's Section 102.

Best,

Barbara
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

barbara2 wrote: December 8th, 2022, 11:07 pm Hi, I need more help!

Section 101, Ch 35 Pt 2 Music is labelled "Ready for PL":

But the "Listen URL" link to Section 101 (jsbach2_102_piano.mp3) is for the music to Chris's Section 102.

Best,

Barbara
My apologies, that was my fault. I accidentally put that one in the wrong section. So, unless I have missed something, (which is possible,) I do not see where Krista uploaded Section 102 yet.
Mozartjr
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Music for section 64 has been uploaded
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/jsbach2_64_schweitzer.mp3 2:39

(and you are correct, I have not uploaded section 102 yet.)
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Music for section 67 has been uploaded for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/jsbach2_67_schweitzer.mp3 1:38
Krista