~[MUSIC]J.S. Bach, Volume 2 by A. Schweitzer d1965-mtf

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
ChrisGreaves

Post by ChrisGreaves »

kristakz wrote: September 18th, 2023, 9:01 pm I *really* hope this doesn't go into storage.
Me too. I hope that I don't go hungry this week, but to that end I shall take action and go grocery-shopping on my way back from the eye-doctor today! :D
Cheers, Chris
Last edited by ChrisGreaves on September 20th, 2023, 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
I adopt YOUR orphaned chapters, for FREE!
czandra

Post by czandra »

:clap: :thumbs:

Thanks Krista and Jennlea!!

Cz
I asked my librarian about the noise, and she said, "no one would come here
if they weren't allowed to talk out loud." So I read out loud.

Je lis à haute voix car refléchir fait trop de bruit!
ChrisGreaves

Post by ChrisGreaves »

czandra wrote: April 24th, 2023, 4:48 am... and several assigned to be recorded. ...
There seems to be some confusion that originates in the MW for the sections 094 and 095. I am responsible for recording the vocal to Krista’s Piano.
I have here on my laptop a file for each of these two sections.
Title File name Date/time-stamp Bytes
094 (voice) jsbach_094a-voice_schweitzer.ZIP 10/25/2022 10:05 476,855
094 (voice) jsbach_095a-voice_schweitzer.ZIP 10/25/2022 10:07 59,863

I will not change details in the MW nor upload any more files until at least one other person advises me to do that. I do believe that I would have uploaded those files, as I have a little procedure to follow as a section is completed.
It is possible that the two voice zip files, like Krista’s Piano, were uploaded and are now wandering the sub-aetheric space.
Sincerely, Chris
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

ChrisGreaves wrote: September 20th, 2023, 11:11 am
czandra wrote: April 24th, 2023, 4:48 am... and several assigned to be recorded. ...
There seems to be some confusion that originates in the MW for the sections 094 and 095. I am responsible for recording the vocal to Krista’s Piano.

I will not change details in the MW nor upload any more files until at least one other person advises me to do that. I do believe that I would have uploaded those files, as I have a little procedure to follow as a section is completed.
It is possible that the two voice zip files, like Krista’s Piano, were uploaded and are now wandering the sub-aetheric space.
Sincerely, Chris
Ugh, you uploaded zips. I see they appear to have made it into the storage, but I'm not sure who is responsible or how they get unzipped once there. Maybe Felix does something with them?
These 3 files do exist at https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/
jsbach_090a-voice_schweitzer.ZIP
jsbach_094a-voice_schweitzer.ZIP
jsbach_095a-voice_schweitzer.ZIP

But they can't (well, that's not exactly true, but I suspect they won't) be PLed until someone unzips them and adds the links to the MW - either Felix or Mozart would need to do that. And until they are PL'ed I can't (or won't) edit them into the final product.

Actually, this looks like one of the voice files from those zips:
jsbach_357a-voice_schweitzer.mp3
so maybe they have been unzipped, and just not added to the MW.

While you are here, Chris, what's up with your one "See PL notes" for section 102?
Krista
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

ChrisGreaves wrote: September 20th, 2023, 11:11 am

Sincerely, Chris
I would say that the best thing to do is re-upload them as .flac or .mp3. I may be missing something, though. Why did you upload them as zips? Is there an instruction somewhere to that effect? Because if so, I'm sure it's from way back before I came on as BC.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

kristakz wrote: September 20th, 2023, 7:49 pm While you are here, Chris, what's up with your one "See PL notes" for section 102?
Searching the thread, I found this post that probably answers your question: viewtopic.php?p=2128184#p2128184
ChrisGreaves

Post by ChrisGreaves »

kristakz wrote: September 20th, 2023, 7:49 pm Ugh, you uploaded zips. I see they appear to have made it into the storage, but I'm not sure who is responsible or how they get unzipped once there.
I have unzipped a file and uploaded:-
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/jsbach_338a-voice_schweitzer.mp3
file duration 0:0:10
and

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/jsbach_339a-voice_schweitzer.mp3
file duration 0:0:10
More to follow
Chris
ChrisGreaves

Post by ChrisGreaves »

ChrisGreaves wrote: September 22nd, 2023, 5:28 am Even more to follow
I have uploaded https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/jsbach_351a-voice_schweitzer.mp3 0:0:04

and that's it for now.
Am I on track so far?
Who is our PL?
Cheers, Chris
czandra

Post by czandra »

O my O my please don't let this project die....

Czandra

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

It would give me so much satisfaction to see this project completed. But I have far too much going on in life right now to carry it myself. I'm happy to continue as MC and to keep it open, but that is all I can do for it at the moment.
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

mightyfelix wrote: January 28th, 2024, 7:25 pm It would give me so much satisfaction to see this project completed. But I have far too much going on in life right now to carry it myself. I'm happy to continue as MC and to keep it open, but that is all I can do for it at the moment.
I will continue with my editing, as often as possible. I see Chris has provided more. Please don't abandon this - when editing is caught up I'll see if I can help elsewhere.

Krista
Krista
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks for your continued interest.
czandra

Post by czandra »

I'm putting out a call among sopranos to take up the singing parts as jennlea appears to be busy. I'm pretty sure a soprano is called for. If that's not okay, please let me know.

Cz

jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Not busy, was terribly ill. I would have loved to be doing LibriVox things rather than dealing with the virus I had. I’m back and will start working on this today. Putting this at the top of my list to get done, as promised :)
-Jenn B.
My Recordings