COMPLETE[GROUP]Abe and Mawruss by Montague Glass - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

11 PL OK.
realisticspeakers

thanks
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
realisticspeakers

Growing up in Brooklyn (yes, it's true) there was a running joke that Italians and Jews got along so well because they both talked with their hands.

So I guess this will be a silent reading? :lol:

Aux Italiens, please.
Disclaimer:
realisticspeakers

The last line of Section 14 is:
"Ten days afterward Abe and Morris sat in the showroom."

That is an odd way to end a story. I think it may be an interim to the final chapter.

When you give me the go-ahead for 14, should I read that, or leave it for the beginning of the next chapter?
Disclaimer:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

realisticspeakers wrote: April 27th, 2018, 5:39 am The last line of Section 14 is:
"Ten days afterward Abe and Morris sat in the showroom."

That is an odd way to end a story. I think it may be an interim to the final chapter.

When you give me the go-ahead for 14, should I read that, or leave it for the beginning of the next chapter?
I checked a scanned copy of the book at Archive.org and that ending is there too. It doesn't look to me line the final chapter needs that line to start. So I'd read it to finish off Aux Italiens. Maybe something happens in the story that makes that line fit better than it appears....

And yes, you have the go-ahead for section 14.

Thanks, Todd
realisticspeakers

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/abeandmawruss_14_glass.mp3

[42:27]

Let me know if Enrico should be re-read.
Disclaimer:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Edmonds

Post by Edmonds »

@realisticspeakers If you are planning on doing "Man Proposes" parts 1 and 2, do you just want to go ahead and redo the chapters that I did? You've done all the rest, so if you want to make it a solo, I don't mind.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

14 PL OK.
realisticspeakers

Edmonds wrote: May 7th, 2018, 7:55 pm @realisticspeakers If you are planning on doing "Man Proposes" parts 1 and 2, do you just want to go ahead and redo the chapters that I did? You've done all the rest, so if you want to make it a solo, I don't mind.
oh no, not at all. In fact if you want either or both of the last parts, I don't mind.
Disclaimer:
Edmonds

Post by Edmonds »

I'm actually working on my solo at the moment, those chapters were the first ones that I read, just to get the experience. Go ahead and do them over, if you wish to have a solo
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I'm moving and may not have good enough internet connections to get to the MW. Maybe. We'll see. If necessary I'll get another admin to jump in and help.

Thanks, Todd
realisticspeakers

oh ok

good luck in your new place
Disclaimer: