COMPLETE[PLAY]Mademoiselle De Belle Isle by Dumas - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
OwenCook

Post by OwenCook »

Hello! I'd like to claim "Servant", if I might.
~~Owen
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thanks.

Todd
OwenCook

Post by OwenCook »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thanks.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

OwenCook wrote:Hopefully I didn't miss the announcements of anybody's entrée ... please let me know if so!
great readings, Owen. As far as I can see, you missed none of your lines :thumbs: And you do play it like a butler who is well aware of his high standing. Only Jeeves could sound more dignified :mrgreen: Also love your French pronunciations. Well done !

Acts 1 and 3 can be marked PL ok immediately.

in 2 and 4 there is quite an audible thump in the recording, which you maybe could cut out. And maybe also find the source of this, so it could be avoided in future recordings :hmm:

Act 2:
> at 0:12: "yes my lady..."

Act 4:
> at 0:02: "a courier..."

I think both thumps can be cut out, or volume reduced without having to re-record. In any case, the lines are really well acted out. :)

Sonia
OwenCook

Post by OwenCook »

Kitty wrote:great readings, Owen. As far as I can see, you missed none of your lines :thumbs: And you do play it like a butler who is well aware of his high standing. Only Jeeves could sound more dignified :mrgreen: Also love your French pronunciations. Well done !

Acts 1 and 3 can be marked PL ok immediately.

in 2 and 4 there is quite an audible thump in the recording, which you maybe could cut out. And maybe also find the source of this, so it could be avoided in future recordings :hmm:

Act 2:
> at 0:12: "yes my lady..."

Act 4:
> at 0:02: "a courier..."

I think both thumps can be cut out, or volume reduced without having to re-record. In any case, the lines are really well acted out. :)

Sonia
Right you are! Here are the new versions:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/debelleisle_servant_2.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/debelleisle_servant_4.mp3

I think that thump happens when I get excited and start squirming in my chair more than I should. It's not every day a courier arrives from Paris on the king's business, after all. ;-) And thanks very much for your kind compliments as always! Ah Jeeves...

Best regards,
~~Owen
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thanks, now they are PL ok :thumbs:
I think that thump happens when I get excited and start squirming in my chair more than I should. It's not every day a courier arrives from Paris on the king's business, after all. ;-)
ts ts ts, a bit more self-control is needed in this butlering business :mrgreen:

Sonia
OwenCook

Post by OwenCook »

Kitty wrote: ts ts ts, a bit more self-control is needed in this butlering business :mrgreen:

Sonia
My apologies, madam. I shall endeavour to give better satisfaction in future, madam. ;-)
~~Owen
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

OwenCook wrote:My apologies, madam. I shall endeavour to give better satisfaction in future, madam. ;-)
that's more like it :mrgreen:

Sonia
pjcsaville

Post by pjcsaville »

May I have the part of The Duke D'Aumont?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

pjcsaville wrote:May I have the part of The Duke D'Aumont?
Yes, thanks.

Todd
kwpapke

Post by kwpapke »

I would like to claim:

1 The Chevalier D'Auvray, Act 1
2 The Chevalier D'Auvray, Act 4

I'll be able to work on this in the next week or so, then I'll be travelling for several weeks, then home for a while. As a result, my contributions will seem a bit "bursty", but I shouldn't have any difficulties completing my part within the allowed time limits. Looking forward to working with the team!

--Kurt
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

kwpapke wrote:I would like to claim:
1 The Chevalier D'Auvray, Act 1
2 The Chevalier D'Auvray, Act 4
I'll sign you up Kurt, great to have you join the cast :9: I am looking forward to your interpretation. Have fun !

Sonia
kwpapke

Post by kwpapke »

My first drama contribution - hope I got all the intro, spacing, etc. right:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/debelleisle_dauvray_1.mp3 3:30

--Kurt
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

kwpapke wrote:My first drama contribution - hope I got all the intro, spacing, etc. right:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/debelleisle_dauvray_1.mp3 3:30
--Kurt
glad you're reminding me this is your first drama !!! One would not say, listening to it. :9: You played the "homme du monde" (a man of the world) to perfection. Your almost lascivious nonchalance is excellently conveyed. It's exactly like I imagine these dukes back then would have talked in society.

Voice credit is ok as well, and thank you for leaving enough space in-between the chunks, so our poor editor has an easier job assembling the whole thing

First Act for d'Auvray PL ok. Looking forward to the next.

Thanks so much for trying this Kurt. I so hope I got you hooked on drama now :mrgreen:

Sonia