[HIST FICT] Sentimental Education by Gustave Flaubert - mas

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Post Reply
RitaBoutros
Posts: 441
Joined: June 30th, 2017, 7:00 am
Location: Florida

Post by RitaBoutros » February 28th, 2019, 9:01 am


JorWat
Posts: 1252
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » March 1st, 2019, 1:04 pm

PL OK!
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

catem
Posts: 266
Joined: October 31st, 2009, 5:02 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Post by catem » March 7th, 2019, 3:00 am

just a short note to say I haven't forgotten about this and am trying to schedule time to record soon :)
https://www.effectivealtruism.org/

RitaBoutros
Posts: 441
Joined: June 30th, 2017, 7:00 am
Location: Florida

Post by RitaBoutros » March 8th, 2019, 7:13 am

Here is section 17. However, this chapter was very long (total of 81:20), so I broke it up into 2 parts:


https://librivox.org/uploads/smijen/sentimentaleducation_17part1_flaubert_128kb.mp3 Length 55:01



https://librivox.org/uploads/smijen/sentimentaleducation_17part2_flaubert_128kb.mp3 Length 26:19

JorWat
Posts: 1252
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » March 9th, 2019, 10:46 am

RitaBoutros wrote:
March 8th, 2019, 7:13 am
Here is section 17. However, this chapter was very long (total of 81:20), so I broke it up into 2 parts:


https://librivox.org/uploads/smijen/sentimentaleducation_17part1_flaubert_128kb.mp3 Length 55:01



https://librivox.org/uploads/smijen/sentimentaleducation_17part2_flaubert_128kb.mp3 Length 26:19
PL OK!

Though for future reference, you most follow the rules of naming files. i.e. these should be '...ion_17_flau...' and '...ion_18_flau...' (I've changed them for you).
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

catem
Posts: 266
Joined: October 31st, 2009, 5:02 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Post by catem » March 11th, 2019, 4:44 am

I re-recorded the section, time is still the same (32:01)
edit: the sentences in question are around the 12:00 minute mark

https://librivox.org/uploads/smijen/sentimentaleducation_13_flaubert_128kb.mp3

cate
https://www.effectivealtruism.org/

JorWat
Posts: 1252
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » March 12th, 2019, 3:51 am

catem wrote:
March 11th, 2019, 4:44 am
I re-recorded the section, time is still the same (32:01)
edit: the sentences in question are around the 12:00 minute mark

https://librivox.org/uploads/smijen/sentimentaleducation_13_flaubert_128kb.mp3

cate
PL OK!
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

bhavya
Posts: 998
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: St Andrews, Scotland

Post by bhavya » April 21st, 2019, 7:28 am

I'll take the last two chapters please.

JorWat
Posts: 1252
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » April 21st, 2019, 10:55 am

bhavya wrote:
April 21st, 2019, 7:28 am
I'll take the last two chapters please.
They're both yours.
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

bhavya
Posts: 998
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: St Andrews, Scotland

Post by bhavya » April 23rd, 2019, 3:55 am


JorWat
Posts: 1252
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » April 23rd, 2019, 12:34 pm

Here are your notes:

1:04: Long gap between 'the burthen of a life' and 'in which'
2:05 (not required): 'invalid' in 'now almost a chronic invalid' should be pronounced 'IN-vuh-lid' rather than 'in-VAL-id'.
3:58: Reptition of 'The Maréchale's portrait was'
11:24 (not required): 'comb' in 'She unfastened her comb' should be pronounced 'kohm' rather than 'koom'.

Also, there is far too much background noise. Try running some noise cleaning.
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

bhavya
Posts: 998
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: St Andrews, Scotland

Post by bhavya » May 3rd, 2019, 7:04 am

JorWat wrote:
April 23rd, 2019, 12:34 pm
Here are your notes:

1:04: Long gap between 'the burthen of a life' and 'in which'
2:05 (not required): 'invalid' in 'now almost a chronic invalid' should be pronounced 'IN-vuh-lid' rather than 'in-VAL-id'.
3:58: Reptition of 'The Maréchale's portrait was'
11:24 (not required): 'comb' in 'She unfastened her comb' should be pronounced 'kohm' rather than 'koom'.

Also, there is far too much background noise. Try running some noise cleaning.
Hi,

I ran noise cleaning and corrected at 1:04, and 3;58. I wasn't able to do the others ( I couldn't record :oops: ) so I hope thats fine :?:
https://librivox.org/uploads/smijen/sentimentaleducation_24_flaubert_128kb.mp3
Thanks,
Bhavya

JorWat
Posts: 1252
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » May 3rd, 2019, 12:58 pm

bhavya wrote:
May 3rd, 2019, 7:04 am
Hi,

I ran noise cleaning and corrected at 1:04, and 3;58. I wasn't able to do the others ( I couldn't record :oops: ) so I hope thats fine :?:
https://librivox.org/uploads/smijen/sentimentaleducation_24_flaubert_128kb.mp3
Thanks,
Bhavya
PL OK
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

bhavya
Posts: 998
Joined: May 4th, 2018, 1:46 am
Location: St Andrews, Scotland

Post by bhavya » June 1st, 2019, 9:33 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately I have to orphan the last section, since I cannot record it anymore.
I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Bhavya

JorWat
Posts: 1252
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » June 1st, 2019, 11:38 pm

bhavya wrote:
June 1st, 2019, 9:33 pm
Hi,

Unfortunately I have to orphan the last section, since I cannot record it anymore.
I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Bhavya
No problem! Thanks for letting me know.
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

Post Reply