A Daughter of the Sea by Amy Le Feuvre

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Mr. Endicott returns from a ten-year absence back to his home in the Devonshire countryside, with his young friend Mr. Cuthbert Grayson in tow. he had left his sister to take care of his property, including his ward Una, who is very much grown up now. Per his express wish, Una has grown up almost entirely unchecked by the social custom of the times, and on his return, he finds a young lady who does not care about social conventions and whose favourite hobby is building boats. while Una and Cuthbert like each other, things become complicated when Mr. Endicott breaks the news that the does not have long to live and wishes them to marry...

https://archive.org/details/daughterofsea00lefeiala
A daughter of the sea
by LeFeuvre, Amy
Carolin
IonaMuirgel2002

Post by IonaMuirgel2002 »

Has no one wanted to read this book? I have another book by Amy Le Feuvre (the secret bridge) that I absolutely love! I have no experience reading for LibriVox, but I would love to read this book! does it matter that this suggestion was made in 2017?
"A smile is a curve that sets everything straight."
-Phyllis Diller

"There’s nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.” – Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle 8-)
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

This book hasn't been read for Librivox yet and you're more than welcome to read it if you'd like - it doesn't matter when this suggestion was made.

I think the best way to go about it is:

Step 1: Step 2:
  • Record, edit, upload and post your recording in the thread to get feedback
  • Get the PL OK, or
  • Fix any issues, then get the PL OK
  • Do the happy dance :clap:
Step 3:
  • Repeat step 2 with a section in a group project with a different proof listener. Different proof listeners give different kind of feedback sometimes, or just have a different set of ears, and may offer additional advice. By getting diverse feedback, you can work on any newbie issues so that you're better prepared and more experienced to start a solo project
Step 4:
  • Ready to start a solo project? Read this post viewtopic.php?t=13513 and follow the next steps from there
  • Having fun recording for group projects? Feel free to keep recording for group projects as long as you like. All those group projects need readers, too!
IonaMuirgel2002

Thanks so much Rapunzelina! You make it soo easy for a beginner like myself to understand how to go about everything!

-Iona
-Phyllis Diller

"There’s nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.” – Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle 8-)
IonaMuirgel2002

Do you have to do a test recording before every chapter? Or before every book?
-Phyllis Diller

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Just once, to make sure you have the correct settings and your microphone is set up correctly. So for example, if you change your microphone or recording device, and you need feedback on your new setup, you could do another test. But otherwise, just once is enough :thumbs:
IonaMuirgel2002

Thanks so much for the quick response!

-Iona
-Phyllis Diller

IonaMuirgel2002

I have to wait :cry: before I can start recording for my software to be set up, and my mic to arrive. I will be back on as soon as I can :D ...

-Iona
-Phyllis Diller

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Waiting for a new mic is exciting!
IonaMuirgel2002

I have a temporary mic that I borrowed from a friend that I am testing out on the software. If it works I will probably buy one of that brand.

-Iona
-Phyllis Diller