State of the Union Addresses 1829-1836 - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
soupy

Post by soupy »

Ocean Audio looks like they went out of business. Edits are well done.

PLOK :thumbs:

Craig
The world needs some positive fanaticism.

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaard on Christianity
Kierkegaards Challenge
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

soupy wrote:Ocean Audio looks like they went out of business.Craig
https://www.ocenaudio.com/whatis

It is the closest thing, functionally, to CoolEdit.
I've been using cool edit since it came out around 92 or 93 or so. But it's so old and so slow.
Mouse functions like zoom and movement are not the same in audition and others that I am so used to.

Ocean is the only one that is close. --not paying a subscription for Audition.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
soupy

Post by soupy »

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
willthompson2

Post by willthompson2 »

Hello!
I could take sections 1 and 2.
Thanks!
soupy

Post by soupy »

Hello!
I could take sections 1 and 2.
Thanks!
Thanks Will 1-2 are yours.

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you both!
willthompson2

Post by willthompson2 »

Hello!

Here's the first part of the 1829 speech:
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/stateoftheunionaddresses1829_1836_01_jackson.mp3
[26:14]

I'm a little new at this, and I think one or two parts might sound a little odd; I had to redo small sections.
If you want me to change anything, that's totally fine.
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you! Craig will be around to take a listen and get back to you with some feedback.
soupy

Post by soupy »

Well read Will Thompson

The voice change will get better after you read more. I enjoyed listening. A few errors noted.

8:06 a free passage into which is secured forgot to read into

8:58 amity, navigation, and commerce, which will be laid before the Senate. Forgot to read which will be laid before the Senate.

13:20 Under these circumstances it appeared expedient to give to Mr. Poinsett the option either to return or not, as in his judgment the interest of his country might require, and instructions to that end were prepared; - some repetition and difficulty here

13:7 through its charge d'affaires here , requesting the recall of our minister. This was promptly complied with, and a representative of a rank corresponding with that of the Mexican diplomatic agent near this Government was appointed. - a little stutter and repetition

14:51 I consider it one of the most urgent of my duties - you read I consider it one of my urgent duties

20:17 and I can not but believe that more is lost by the long continuance of men in office than is generally to be gained by their experience. forgot to read and I can not but believe

23:57 local feelings and prejudices should be merged in the patriotic determination - forgot to read be

Nice quote
To the people belongs the right of electing their Chief Magistrate; it was never designed that their choice should in any case be defeated, either by the intervention of electoral colleges or by the agency confided, under certain contingencies, to the House of Representatives. Experience proves that in proportion as agents to execute the will of the people are multiplied there is danger of their wishes being frustrated. Some may be unfaithful; all are liable to err. So far, therefore, as the people can with convenience speak, it is safer for them to express their own will. For got to read and I can not but believe.

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
linny

Post by linny »

Craig, thank you for your help.
fenrir2k1

Post by fenrir2k1 »

Can i Get section 3 and 4

also, this is my first recording.

Please credit me as Andrew K.
linny

Post by linny »

Hi Andrew, You are in but might I suggest sections 6 and 7 instead? They are a bit shorter, always good for a first reading, and it will provide a full address with a single voice.
realisticspeakers

Section 18, the other Andrew Jackson one, clocking in at 54:04

wait, let me catch my breath....

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/stateoftheunionaddresses1829_1836_18_jackson.mp3

:birthday:
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you! Yes, he certainly had long addresses. Just wait for Carter; 1981 with a word count of 33,667. :shock:
realisticspeakers

linny wrote:... Just wait for Carter; 1981 with a word count of 33,667. :shock:
About that...
in a previous discussion I had joked about doing my "tricky dicky" impersonation.
Then this came about:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=63913&start=15

I am still not motivated. What is your take? Because, ironically enough, when the Coolidge era comes upon us... :?

[Jillebeans response at five twenty two o'clock]
Disclaimer: