[COMPLETE] Phoenix and Carpet, E. Nesbit - ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

mightyfelix wrote:Ok, it is all ready to go, except for Miss Peasmarsh. If you like, I suppose I could record, "Miss Peasmarsh, read by" myself. In fact, I will, and if you would rather your own voice be used, why, I can just change it! :D
Thanks very much - this is perfect! Your voice fits in exactly and the rest of the Cast List and Dedication is PL OK! :thumbs:
carteki

Post by carteki »

Elizabby wrote:PL notes for Chapter 9:

@2:30 missing narration line "said Anthea in real distress" (I've just checked and this line is in the original narration file at 1:50)
@7:44 Jane's line is clipped at the end "I thought the floor was the proper home of a carpet"
@12:25 Phoenix line is clipped on the last word "the end of a lark"

Thanks very much - this was a great chapter, and the interaction between the cook and burglar comes across beautifully! :clap:

I will plan to upload the narration of Chapter 3 this weekend as soon as I finish editing it, or Chapter 0 is ready to go... Just in case you were in the mood to do another one! ;)
New version uploaded.
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/phoenixandcarpet_09_Nesbit_128kb.mp3 26m57

I'll do ch 3.
Kim
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Kim, Chapter 9 is now PL OK! And Chapter 3 was the last one open for claiming, so thanks to you we are now full up! :thumbs:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Hi, Beth. No rush, but I'm ready to do some editing. Haven't been able to record for a few days because my throat has been hoarse (and life stuff), and now I'm out of my own sections to edit! So just let me know when that last section is up, and I'll get your Ch. 1 done!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I know, I'm part way through editing the Ch 1 narration. I think all the lines are there but I don't usually post it until I have a clean copy to edit into - maybe later today? I've been pretty smashed at work lately!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Elizabby wrote:I know, I'm part way through editing the Ch 1 narration. I think all the lines are there but I don't usually post it until I have a clean copy to edit into - maybe later today? I've been pretty smashed at work lately!
No problem! I'm not entirely out of non-recording LV work yet! One project I've been coordinating is ready to catalog as of today, so now I'm happily beginning to look at another that's been in the back of my mind for some time. :)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chapter 1 narration is finally fully edited and uploaded! Unfortunately, my microphone decided THIS was the chapter to muck up, so there are some clicks and staticky spots which I was unable to clean out without unacceptable distortion. If you can do better feel free to try, otherwise we will have to accept a few stray clicks. It's very annoying - I'll have to try to figure out what is causing them!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

No problem. I'll see what I can do about the clicks.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Elizabby wrote:Chapter 1 narration is finally fully edited and uploaded! Unfortunately, my microphone decided THIS was the chapter to muck up, so there are some clicks and staticky spots which I was unable to clean out without unacceptable distortion. If you can do better feel free to try, otherwise we will have to accept a few stray clicks. It's very annoying - I'll have to try to figure out what is causing them!
It can be a loose cord - but I think that's only with headphone microphones, the cords move a bit when you move your head

Anne
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Elizabby wrote:Chapter 1 narration is finally fully edited and uploaded! Unfortunately, my microphone decided THIS was the chapter to muck up, so there are some clicks and staticky spots which I was unable to clean out without unacceptable distortion. If you can do better feel free to try, otherwise we will have to accept a few stray clicks. It's very annoying - I'll have to try to figure out what is causing them!
Beth, I'm not able to download or listen to this file. For some reason, my computer wants to save it as a text document, and when I try to open it in my browser, it says "file not found". :hmm:

EDIT: The actual error message I receive in the browser: "The requested URL /annise/phoenixandcarpet_01_narration.flac was not found on this server."
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

File needs to be an mp3 to play. This is still in the flac format - useful for Audacity as it is "lossless" while mp3 supposedly has some degradation. You might be able to import it into Audacity to play. (But it is not what is finally required for the catalog.)

Thanks, Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

ToddHW wrote:File needs to be an mp3 to play. This is still in the flac format - useful for Audacity as it is "lossless" while mp3 supposedly has some degradation. You might be able to import it into Audacity to play. (But it is not what is finally required for the catalog.)

Thanks, Todd
I knew all that, except that it had to be mp3 to play in the browser. But what I thought was really odd was that my computer wanted to save it as a text file. I think the other narration files were flac, weren't they, Beth? But I could download them no problem.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Tried again to download when I got home. It forced me to save it as .txt and I can't open it. :?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It's OK , just wait a bit and try again

Anne

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/phoenixandcarpet_01_narration.flac should work

Now I'll try to undo the MW disorder I seem to have done in my jumping back and forth between windows - first I need to work out how I did it :oops:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I can upload an MP3 version as well if you prefer! Here it is: should be exactly the same file twice, use whichever you prefer!

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/phoenixandcarpet_01_narration.flac
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/phoenixandcarpet_01_narration.mp3