Principles of Political Economy, John Stuart Mill-icequeen

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19423
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » July 10th, 2018, 8:33 pm

Section 14 is now open.
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19423
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » July 10th, 2018, 9:35 pm

Section 30 is PL OK!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19423
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » July 11th, 2018, 9:25 pm

Section 53 is PL OK!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

DrPGould
Posts: 2797
Joined: December 12th, 2016, 9:27 pm

Post by DrPGould » July 11th, 2018, 9:29 pm

Thanks so much, Ann. I'll be back for more shortly.

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19423
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » July 11th, 2018, 9:56 pm

Section 51 needs two quick fixes.

@ 16:20-:21 there is a pause that is in the middle of the sentence that cuts out part of a word. I hope I described that OK, but you will see what I mean.

When you are done with the text for the section, you need to add, "End of Book 5, chapter 3 part 1," and also maintain the 5 seconds of silence.
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19423
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » July 11th, 2018, 9:56 pm

DrPGould wrote:
July 11th, 2018, 9:29 pm
Thanks so much, Ann. I'll be back for more shortly.

Philip

Great! Thanks Philip!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

DrPGould
Posts: 2797
Joined: December 12th, 2016, 9:27 pm

Post by DrPGould » July 12th, 2018, 3:17 pm

Hello, Ann.

May I claim Sections 23 and 45?

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19423
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » July 12th, 2018, 4:04 pm

DrPGould wrote:
July 12th, 2018, 3:17 pm
Hello, Ann.

May I claim Sections 23 and 45?

Many thanks,

Philip

Of course! Thanks Philip!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

20thCenturyVole
Posts: 24
Joined: July 6th, 2018, 5:49 pm

Post by 20thCenturyVole » July 13th, 2018, 6:05 am

icequeen wrote:
July 11th, 2018, 9:56 pm
Section 51 needs two quick fixes.

@ 16:20-:21 there is a pause that is in the middle of the sentence that cuts out part of a word. I hope I described that OK, but you will see what I mean.

When you are done with the text for the section, you need to add, "End of Book 5, chapter 3 part 1," and also maintain the 5 seconds of silence.
Hi Anne,

My apologies for the rookie mistakes! Here is the corrected recording of section 51:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/principlesofpoliticaleconomy_51_mill_128kbps.mp3 (the 16:20 section wasn't missing text but had a silence that I forgot to edit out after removing an earlier slip-up -- I edited out the pause so hopefully it sounds better now)

I'm afraid my other recordings left out the proper ending as well -- I will add that in and re-send those sections

Thanks for your patience while I learn the ropes!

Best,
Josh

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19423
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » July 13th, 2018, 11:36 am

20thCenturyVole wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 6:05 am
icequeen wrote:
July 11th, 2018, 9:56 pm
Section 51 needs two quick fixes.

@ 16:20-:21 there is a pause that is in the middle of the sentence that cuts out part of a word. I hope I described that OK, but you will see what I mean.

When you are done with the text for the section, you need to add, "End of Book 5, chapter 3 part 1," and also maintain the 5 seconds of silence.
Hi Anne,

My apologies for the rookie mistakes! Here is the corrected recording of section 51:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/principlesofpoliticaleconomy_51_mill_128kbps.mp3 (the 16:20 section wasn't missing text but had a silence that I forgot to edit out after removing an earlier slip-up -- I edited out the pause so hopefully it sounds better now)

I'm afraid my other recordings left out the proper ending as well -- I will add that in and re-send those sections

Thanks for your patience while I learn the ropes!

Best,
Josh

No problem, we have all been newbies at some point! Go ahead and fix the other sections and upload them, then let me know when you have done it so that I can download the new version. Thank you for fixing them!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

20thCenturyVole
Posts: 24
Joined: July 6th, 2018, 5:49 pm

Post by 20thCenturyVole » July 13th, 2018, 12:56 pm

Corrected section 52 (with proper ending) is ready! New duration: 34:19

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/principlesofpoliticaleconomy_52_mill_128kbps.mp3

Thank you!

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19423
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » July 13th, 2018, 5:56 pm

20thCenturyVole wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 12:56 pm
Corrected section 52 (with proper ending) is ready! New duration: 34:19

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/principlesofpoliticaleconomy_52_mill_128kbps.mp3

Thank you!

Thanks Josh!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19423
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » July 13th, 2018, 8:52 pm

Sections 51 and 52 are PL OK!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

20thCenturyVole
Posts: 24
Joined: July 6th, 2018, 5:49 pm

Post by 20thCenturyVole » July 14th, 2018, 2:59 pm


icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19423
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » July 14th, 2018, 8:44 pm

20thCenturyVole wrote:
July 14th, 2018, 2:59 pm
Thank you!

Section 21 is ready: https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/principlesofpoliticaleconomy_21_mill_128kbps.mp3

Duration: 36:18

Thanks Josh!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

Post Reply