OPEN [PLAY] The Mikado by W.S.Gilbert- annise

Plays and other dramatic works
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle » April 24th, 2018, 6:25 am

:?: Why apologise - you don't say you're responsible for the formatting? :P

I hope this will wrap up soon. Just let me know if you need anything more or else during editing.
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

Inspired by LibriVox: The 8 Views of Lake Biwa

benderca

Post by benderca » April 27th, 2018, 1:04 pm

Good news! I just have some little teensy weensy wee mistakes to correct and then I'll be finished editing Katisha. (For example I said "teensy weensy" instead of "teeny weeny" -- oops :oops: ).

...but I should have her uploaded very soon.

benderca

Post by benderca » April 29th, 2018, 5:36 pm

And here is Katisha, Act 2.

For the final song with the "yum yum" and "dum dum" and such, I recorded it twice because I thought the first version may be too slow (in Katisha style). So if you need to coordinate with others, I have a faster version following it.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/mikado_katisha_2.mp3

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby » May 10th, 2018, 4:00 am

So sorry that I seem to have missed this! I've checked it now and it is all PL OK! :thumbs: Thanks very much - especially for that hilarious sequence about "He did not love me, but he would have! I was educating his palate..." :D

The chorus sections are fine - one or the other version should fit, though actually as the chorus is singing this last song TO Katisha, she's probably the one voice that won't appear in the final chorus, if we have enough people.
Coming Soon: An Ideal Husband

Dram Reads: Dr Dolittle's Voyages
Play: The Mikado - 2 male chorus parts open!
Books: Heart Talks on Holiness Shaggy Man in Oz

FULL: W&D Wishing Horse Captain Salt Amulet

benderca

Post by benderca » May 10th, 2018, 5:01 am

Elizabby wrote:
May 10th, 2018, 4:00 am
So sorry that I seem to have missed this! I've checked it now and it is all PL OK! :thumbs: Thanks very much - especially for that hilarious sequence about "He did not love me, but he would have! I was educating his palate..." :D
Thanks! I loved that section too. Katisha is a fun character to play -- she ranges from tragic to comedic... :lol:
Elizabby wrote:
May 10th, 2018, 4:00 am
The chorus sections are fine - one or the other version should fit, though actually as the chorus is singing this last song TO Katisha, she's probably the one voice that won't appear in the final chorus, if we have enough people.
I would have thought so too, but in the Australian version I watched on YouTube, Katisha sang that last section -- she seemed to have reconciled herself to the new arrangement -- she did find another husband, after all... :D

In the second, faster version, I used a bit higher (not-so-Katisha) voice, if you want to use it as one of the chorus (or not -- see what works).

Thanks for doing this project -- this is a mighty task to take on!

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby » May 10th, 2018, 5:03 am

Well, I have my editor to thank! Devorah is doing the work of putting it all together! :9:

Once this one is done, I'm considering doing "Gondoliers" next - that one has some funny stuff with the two husbands and three wives...
Coming Soon: An Ideal Husband

Dram Reads: Dr Dolittle's Voyages
Play: The Mikado - 2 male chorus parts open!
Books: Heart Talks on Holiness Shaggy Man in Oz

FULL: W&D Wishing Horse Captain Salt Amulet

WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe » June 14th, 2018, 6:07 pm

Hi Beth,

Here are Nanki-Poo's sections:

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/mikado_nankipoo_1.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/mikado_nankipoo_2.mp3

I recorded many 'All' lines, as well, but probably too many (it was hard to tell if/when my character was on stage). You can use them or discard them if needed. Hope this will bring the play to a close (unless the male choruses are still necessary). :thumbs:
Tomas Peter

Currently signed up for:
The Mikado | The Goddess: A Demon | Amends for Ladies | Hamilton | The Dream | Adelgitha; or, The Fruits of a Single Error | Dave Brings Home a Wife