[COMPLETE]Tolstoi for the Young: Selected Tales-pc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Monaxi
Posts: 1100
Joined: April 30th, 2013, 7:34 pm

Post by Monaxi » July 6th, 2016, 3:06 pm

Greetings! Here is section 1: https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/tolstoifortheyoungselectedtalesfromtolstoi_01_tolstoy.mp3

length: 1:00:31

I pushed to get this done last night, before going to dentist today, and, sure enough, had to have a tooth pulled! Hope it's good to go!
Peace be with you,
Sister

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18625
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: Basking by the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » July 6th, 2016, 5:50 pm

Monaxi wrote:Greetings! Here is section 1: https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/tolstoifortheyoungselectedtalesfromtolstoi_01_tolstoy.mp3

length: 1:00:31

I pushed to get this done last night, before going to dentist today, and, sure enough, had to have a tooth pulled! Hope it's good to go!
Thanks. I will put this into the magic window for proof listening :clap:
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy

Hootin' is a gateway drug to Hollerin'.


Pssss! Tutorial Videos here. Take a peek.

Monaxi
Posts: 1100
Joined: April 30th, 2013, 7:34 pm

Post by Monaxi » July 6th, 2016, 6:38 pm

Hi Phil, Looks like section 7 was reuploaded on April 21, but not added to the MW.

I hope we'll make the "deadline" on this project! :D :D
Peace be with you,
Sister

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18625
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: Basking by the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » July 6th, 2016, 6:54 pm

Monaxi wrote:Hi Phil, Looks like section 7 was reuploaded on April 21, but not added to the MW.

I hope we'll make the "deadline" on this project! :D :D
Yes you are absolutely correct; the corrected upload was definitely overlooked. It is now in the magic window for proofing and thanks for the heads up. :thumbs:
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy

Hootin' is a gateway drug to Hollerin'.


Pssss! Tutorial Videos here. Take a peek.

mferrar
Posts: 14
Joined: May 11th, 2016, 11:57 am
Location: Cary, NC

Post by mferrar » July 7th, 2016, 7:53 am

philchenevert wrote:
mferrar wrote:I'm sorry, I read it as Tartan. I am pretty good at fixing these types of things, so give me an opportunity to change the necessary words to Tartar. And I have noted the volume db is too high.

Thanks,
Michelle
I suggest you leave it as it is and don't re-record. First, that is a long section to re-record and edit and secondly it will require another complete proof listening. If, however, you do decide to re record the whole thing, then by all means do it and I volunteer to PL it for you! Image. Just let us know; we want you to have fun and do what you think is right.
I definitely want to fix this with some editing, and hope to have a new file to upload by the end of this weekend.
Thanks,
mferrar

“At my age...nothing is serious except indigestion.”
― Wilkie Collins, Man and Wife

pattymarie
Posts: 2015
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Post by pattymarie » July 7th, 2016, 9:17 am

Technically section 7 is PL OK, there are just a couple of places where it would make for smoother listening if some bits of silences were cut out. It's entirely optional.

At about 15:44 there is an unnaturally long pause between the words "the calf" and "who."

Between 17:09 and 17:12 there are some less long but noticeable pauses with clicking sounds in them. It would just make the reading sound nicer to snip those out.
Pattymarie

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18625
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: Basking by the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » July 7th, 2016, 10:31 am

I definitely want to fix this with some editing, and hope to have a new file to upload by the end of this weekend.
That is fine. Just post a note in this thread when you upload it again. Remember to use the exact same file name as before so it will replace the original. Have fun! :D
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy

Hootin' is a gateway drug to Hollerin'.


Pssss! Tutorial Videos here. Take a peek.

pattymarie
Posts: 2015
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Post by pattymarie » July 8th, 2016, 4:54 am

Section 1 is PL OK.

For Section 7 I forgot to mention that it needs for "End of Tolstoi for the Young: Selected tales from Tolstoi, by Leo Tolstoy. Translated by Mrs. R.S. Townsend ( - 0)" to be added at the end, too. :oops: I'm not sure what the ( - 0) is about.

It looks like we're right at the finish line for releasing these beautiful stories on the the world. It's been a joy working with everyone here.
Pattymarie

mferrar
Posts: 14
Joined: May 11th, 2016, 11:57 am
Location: Cary, NC

Post by mferrar » July 9th, 2016, 1:25 pm

philchenevert wrote:
I definitely want to fix this with some editing, and hope to have a new file to upload by the end of this weekend.
That is fine. Just post a note in this thread when you upload it again. Remember to use the exact same file name as before so it will replace the original. Have fun! :D
Hi Phil, here is the link to the updated file:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/tolstoifortheyoungselectedtalesfromtolstoi_03_tolstoy.mp3
Thanks,
mferrar

“At my age...nothing is serious except indigestion.”
― Wilkie Collins, Man and Wife

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18625
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: Basking by the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » July 9th, 2016, 2:23 pm

mferrar wrote:
philchenevert wrote:
I definitely want to fix this with some editing, and hope to have a new file to upload by the end of this weekend.
That is fine. Just post a note in this thread when you upload it again. Remember to use the exact same file name as before so it will replace the original. Have fun! :D
Hi Phil, here is the link to the updated file:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/tolstoifortheyoungselectedtalesfromtolstoi_03_tolstoy.mp3
I will note that this needs PL.
EDIT: Pattymarie, I think the last decision was that you would PL it all again, is that right? If not just let me know. In any case I marked it Ready for Pl
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy

Hootin' is a gateway drug to Hollerin'.


Pssss! Tutorial Videos here. Take a peek.

pattymarie
Posts: 2015
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Post by pattymarie » July 10th, 2016, 11:59 am

Yes, I'll PL it again. :)
Pattymarie

plaidsicle
Posts: 853
Joined: December 17th, 2014, 10:57 pm
Location: Indiana, USA
Contact:

Post by plaidsicle » July 10th, 2016, 12:25 pm

'whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.' -Oscar Wilde
plaidsicle.blogspot.com

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18625
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: Basking by the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » July 10th, 2016, 1:43 pm

Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy

Hootin' is a gateway drug to Hollerin'.


Pssss! Tutorial Videos here. Take a peek.

drwebber
Posts: 63
Joined: April 18th, 2016, 4:58 pm
Location: Canada, eh?

Post by drwebber » July 10th, 2016, 8:21 pm

pattymarie wrote:Technically section 7 is PL OK, there are just a couple of places where it would make for smoother listening if some bits of silences were cut out. It's entirely optional.

At about 15:44 there is an unnaturally long pause between the words "the calf" and "who."

Between 17:09 and 17:12 there are some less long but noticeable pauses with clicking sounds in them. It would just make the reading sound nicer to snip those out.
Okay... I've tightened up those pauses and also added the "end of tolstoy for the young" words to the end. Since it's over 30 minutes I put the 10 seconds silence after the "end of tolstoy for the young" words. Not sure if the silence is supposed to go there or after the "end of chapter 7" part.

Uploaded as

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/tolstoifortheyoungselectedtalesfromtolstoi_07_tolstoy.mp3

35:24

pattymarie
Posts: 2015
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 12:17 pm

Post by pattymarie » July 11th, 2016, 4:09 am

Section 7 is PL OK. I'll try to get to the remaining two files tonight and tomorrow. Things are a bit hectic at the moment.

The magic window is saying I don't have permission to enter. It's doing that on another project, too, and efforts of the MC or BC there to fix it haven't worked. I wonder if it's something to do with my unsuccessful attempt to add links to my signature for two projects I'm the dpl for that need readers. I went back to "Edit Signature" and erased them but still can't enter the MWs. :hmm:
Pattymarie

Post Reply