~[COMPLETE] Multilingual Short Works Collection 015-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

Multilingual Short Works Collection 015 - Poetry & Prose

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/multilingual-short-works-collection-015/

This collection is for short works, in any language except (modern) English. This can include poetry but also prose, fiction as well as non-fiction.
Feel free to choose any work which is in the public domain. If you're unsure what we mean by 'public domain', please read this explanation. Try to stick to works that run less than 60 minutes.
Please follow the instructions in this post carefully. :) There is no need to "sign-up" before recording; please remember that you should choose a work that is Public Domain in your country AND that was published before 1923; if you are unsure about anything, please post here and ask before recording!

Everyone can contribute as many recordings as he/she wants.
It's OK to submit readings in English (English being a language, I figure), but as there are plenty of other places to put those, let's limit them to special cases such as interesting regional dialects or accents.

If you are interested to see what has been done previously, check the previous Multilingual Collections in our catalog (but we welcome multiple versions of the same work).

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

BEFORE recording
If you are new, please check the Recording Guide before recording:
http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording
Please be sure that your recording software is set to the following technical specifications:
Bit Rate: 128 kbps
Sample Rate: 44100 kHz
Channels: 1 (Mono recording).

DURING recording:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
START of recording (Intro) The intro and outro can be in English, or in the language of the text.

"[Title] by [author], read in [language]. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
At the END, say: "End of [Title], by [Author Name]"
If you wish, you may also say: "Read by [your name]."

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.

Only for works shorter than 500 words you can use the short or poetry disclaimer:

"[Work title], by [author], read in [language] for LibriVox.org by [your name]".

At the End say: "End of [Title]. This recording is in the public domain".

AFTER recording
Add ID3 V2 tags
(To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)

Title: Language - Work Title (e.g. Chinese - Chun Si)
Artist: Author Name (e.g. Peter Wang)
Album: LibriVox Multilingual Short Works Collection 015

(You may put "Recorded by [your name]" in the comments section if you wish)
Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.

Save as mp3 file
File name all in lowercase: msw015_[work's title]_[author's last name]_[your initials]_128kb.mp3
(e.g. msw015_chunsi_wang_drb_128kb.mp3)
Put file name all in lower case, the title all in one word, drop articles (without the square brackets, please, and NO SPACES)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Post in this thread
When posting your link, please use the template below. Copy the code in the box, paste it into your reply, and fill in the required information as far as available (this will make everything easier for the coordinators!):
  • URL for the mp3 file from the Uploader -
  • Duration of recording (mm:ss) -
  • URL for online text -
  • Title of work -
  • Date of publication -
  • Name of author -
  • Birth date and date of death of author if available (xxxx-xxxx) -
  • URL for author information (e.g. wikipedia) if available -
  • Brief indication of the work in a few words: (for example: poetry or prose, fiction or non-fiction, genre or keywords; will be used in the summary)
  • Language:
[/list]
If this is your first contribution to Librivox, please also supply:
* Reader's name to use on the catalogue page -
* Reader's personal URL to use on the catalogue page (if you have one) -

Happy recording!
Any questions?
Please post below :)
~Anastasiia
Multilingual Monthly Poem like Weekly Poetry but for all languages🗺
Сборник рассказов Л. Андреева
"Кобзар" Шевченко several short roles: "Гайдамаки", "Великий льох" 🎭
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Hi Nastya, I'll be taking over MC duties for this collection! I will have your MW up for you later tonight, if not before!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

icequeen wrote:Hi Nastya, I'll be taking over MC duties for this collection! I will have your MW up for you later tonight, if not before!
Hi Ann! Thanks for taking over the project.
~Anastasiia
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OK, Nastya, your MW is ready for you! We will move over to Other Languages forum in a day or two, just to give us more exposure!

And, keeping with the way the other Multilingual Collections were run...

The project will close when we fill all 20 sections, or on 13 October, 2016, with however many sections we have filled.

If there is anything that I missed, please let me know. You have more experience with this type of project than I do, so feel free to point out anything that I need to do or that I missed. I compared what I was doing for this one with what Hokus did for the last one. I think I have everything, but I would not be surprised if I missed something.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Moving on to Readers Wanted!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

icequeen wrote:OK, Nastya, your MW is ready for you! We will move over to Other Languages forum in a day or two, just to give us more exposure!

And, keeping with the way the other Multilingual Collections were run...

The project will close when we fill all 20 sections, or on 13 October, 2016, with however many sections we have filled.

If there is anything that I missed, please let me know. You have more experience with this type of project than I do, so feel free to point out anything that I need to do or that I missed. I compared what I was doing for this one with what Hokus did for the last one. I think I have everything, but I would not be surprised if I missed something.
Thanks! I think there is everything.
~Anastasiia
lian2902952

Post by lian2902952 »

Hmmm. Can I claim a few chinese poems ? They sound beautiful and they were "published" around 700 ~900 AD so they are definitely in the public domain. Im thinking of a classic " The song of everlasting sorrow" .

Please advice !
Lian Pang

All art is quite useless. - Oscar Wilde
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

lian2902952 wrote:Hmmm. Can I claim a few chinese poems ? They sound beautiful and they were "published" around 700 ~900 AD so they are definitely in the public domain. Im thinking of a classic " The song of everlasting sorrow" .

Please advice !
Hello!
You don't need to claim any sections. You just need to record what you want and then post it here. Remember that the publication date of the book you'll be using should be before 1923.
~Anastasiia
lian2902952

Post by lian2902952 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/msw015_qingyuan_He_lian_128kb.mp3
[01:05]
http://so.gushiwen.org/view_50511.aspx
青玉案-凌波不过横塘路
date of publication 1105
Name of author - He Zhu 贺铸
Birth date and date of death of author if available -1052~1125
URL for author information https://www.google.com.tj/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiM9v6Zw53MAhVFGCwKHVsAAqMQFggaMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fzh.wikipedia.org%2Fzh%2F%25E8%25B4%25BA%25E9%2593%25B8&usg=AFQjCNGdz697BDRW2FV8HRvaW0Zhq_36kw&sig2=b8VXT9qmoCoff1kPaA0pkw

Brief indication of the work in a few words: Poetry.
Language:Chinese
Lian Pang

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

All right, as promised here is my second poem in Luxembourgish. I need to do a bit to promote the culture of my small country :mrgreen:

This poem is actually part of an operetta and is usually sung on stage, but it can of course also be read as a poem. The author Edmond de la Fontaine (mainly known as "Dicks") is probably the most famous author of Luxembourg. And the operetta from which this poem is taken is a very famous stage play here.

•URL for the mp3 file from the Uploader: https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/msw015_etworemolekanoneer_delafontaine_ss_128kb.mp3
•Duration of recording: 1:24 min.
•URL for online text: http://www.eluxemburgensia.lu/BnlViewer/view/index.html?lang=en#panel:pp|issue:2838535|page:12
•Title of work: Et wor emol e Kanoněer
•Date of publication: 1858
•Name of author: Edmond de la Fontaine (Dicks)
•Birth date and date of death of author if available: (1823-1891)
•URL for author information (e.g. wikipedia) if available: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dicks
•Brief indication of the work in a few words: operetta-song / love / death / ghost
•Language: Luxembourgish

Sandra (catharmaiden), the only other Luxembourgian on board (at least that I know of) has already volunteered to PL this poem again. :)

Sonia
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

lian2902952 wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/msw015_qingyuan_He_lian_128kb.mp3
青玉案-凌波不过横塘路
date of publication 1105
URL for author information
Hello! Thank you for your recording! I'm not sure if we can use the source which you provided. Is the poem used in the form it was published before 1923? Does the site allow to use the content to make PD recordings? Please, can you possibly verify this? LibriVox recordings are uploaded in the Internet as Public Domain audiobook so we must make sure that the sources we use can be really used this way. Also, it would be better if you could find the book (published before 1923) be it in a material or in an electronic form, or the site which clearly states that the content is in the Public Domain.
~Anastasiia
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

Thank you for the recording, Sonia. It is added to the MW.
~Anastasiia
lian2902952

Post by lian2902952 »

ShiNeko wrote:
lian2902952 wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/msw015_qingyuan_He_lian_128kb.mp3
青玉案-凌波不过横塘路
date of publication 1105
URL for author information
Hello! Thank you for your recording! I'm not sure if we can use the source which you provided. Is the poem used in the form it was published before 1923? Does the site allow to use the content to make PD recordings? Please, can you possibly verify this? LibriVox recordings are uploaded in the Internet as Public Domain audiobook so we must make sure that the sources we use can be really used this way. Also, it would be better if you could find the book (published before 1923) be it in a material or in an electronic form, or the site which clearly states that the content is in the Public Domain.
The original publication of chinese ancient poems and proses of authors such as Li Bai, Du Fu, in this case He Zhu, cannot be tracked. It dates back to like a thousand years ago and are usually passed down orally from generations to generations. in some cases the original script of the poem or prose were collected by the local committee of poetry, which also existed in the ancient times. I really just recited this poem. But I found a link anyway for the reference. If you must verify I'd have to go to some dusty archive of museum and find it for you. Also , they are not usually in the forms of books. They are like brown dwarfs without a hosting star, travelling lonely through time .

In a word, ancient poems and prose(Tang Shi, Song Ci, Yuan Qu) through dynasties of China are not copyrighted. there is no "form". No revisions. No rearrangements of words or syntaxes. Even errors and omissions are kept(which we call "Tong Jia Zi") . Therefore i think they are all in the public domain.

I think what you are hearing is an echo of poetic spirits from a thousand years ago.

P.S. I would recommend that you look up the copyright of Tang Shi, Song Ci, and Yuan Qu. But you may also discard the recording to avoid potential problems.
Lian Pang

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Anything published outside of the US has to be cleared with Project Gutenberg first before we can include the recording of the text in our catalog. I know that the poem is 1000 years old, but we don't know what changes have been made to the writing by the owner of that website. It would be better if you could find a pre-1923 scan of the text, but I have a feeling that would be extremely hard to find. So, at this point, we can not accept the recording made from the text on that link. Sorry.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
catharmaiden

Post by catharmaiden »

Just checked the Luxembourgish recording for Sonia (Kitty): no errors found, PL ok. :thumbs:

Sandra