[COMPLETE] Vivo de Zamenhof by Edmond Privat - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
vviera

Post by vviera »

JDZ3R0 wrote: July 3rd, 2022, 7:58 pm Here it is! The final chapter:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/vivodezamenhof_12_privat_128kb.mp3 - (27:41)

There was one short footnote in this chapter. I decided not to include it at all (either inline or at the end of the chapter) as I felt it wasn't essential enough to include and break the flow of the text. Let me know if you feel otherwise! Wouldn't be too hard to edit it in.
Excellent reading, J.D. --PL OK :D
And Tricia, that means we are ready to publish!!

That's a fine way to deal with the footnote. Most projects either exclude footnotes altogether or direct readers to include them only if they contain substantive content. Sometimes to avoid breaking up the flow, readers will include the footnote at the end of the paragraph they are reading. It's a judgment call. My philosophy is to always have the listener in mind, and think of what will work best for that person experiencing the audiobook.

This was a sad chapter. Don't you wonder what he would think now about the fact that not tens of thousands of people know his name, but millions? Sed simile al lia traduko de la Malnova Testamento...Estas tempo por militi kaj tempo por paci...More the former these days than the latter. Malĝoje.

Looking forward to Karlo. See you over there.
Verla
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

And Tricia, that means we are ready to publish!!
Yay! I'll work on it this afternoon! 8-)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/vivo-de-zamenhof-by-edmond-privat/
vviera

Post by vviera »

TriciaG wrote: July 4th, 2022, 1:38 pm This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/vivo-de-zamenhof-by-edmond-privat/
Thank you so much, Tricia, and to J.D. for coming in and finishing this off!
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Seven years and two days since the first post. 8-)
JDZ3R0

Post by JDZ3R0 »

vviera wrote: July 4th, 2022, 9:55 am This was a sad chapter. Don't you wonder what he would think now about the fact that not tens of thousands of people know his name, but millions? Sed simile al lia traduko de la Malnova Testamento...Estas tempo por militi kaj tempo por paci...More the former these days than the latter. Malĝoje.
Incredibly sad chapter. Really makes one appreciate not just Zamenhof the creator of Esperanto, but Zamenhof the person.
TriciaG wrote: July 4th, 2022, 1:38 pm This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/vivo-de-zamenhof-by-edmond-privat/
Bonege! :D
TriciaG wrote: July 4th, 2022, 1:53 pm Seven years and two days since the first post. 8-)
Hopefully worth the wait!