~FULL [DRAM.READ] Count of Monte Cristo by Alex. Dumas-mas

Plays and other dramatic works
jameschristopher

Post by jameschristopher »

I am very new here but would like to help with this project. could I do the narration on chapter 117. I will be using a MXL V67P microphone and recording on a Zoom H5 recorder. please be patient I'm a slow learner but I am a learner.
thank you chris
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

jameschristopher wrote: June 11th, 2020, 6:09 pm I am very new here but would like to help with this project. could I do the narration on chapter 117. I will be using a MXL V67P microphone and recording on a Zoom H5 recorder. please be patient I'm a slow learner but I am a learner.
thank you chris
Hi, Chris! I sure hope Kristin doesn't mind me poking my head in - I've helped with the recordings on this project, so posts to it show up on my feed. :)

Welcome to LibriVox!! It's very nice to have you. There are two things of note regarding your request to narrate a chapter in this project:

First, this is a little bit different project from the majority of those we do in LibriVox. Being a dramatic reading, with parts, when we sign up to do recording, we don't sign up for one chapter. We sign up for the entire role, however many chapters that may be. So, somebody signing up for narrator would do all of the chapters for the narrator portion. This book is so long, though, that the narrator is divided into the 5 volumes. So, while somebody would only be signing up as narrator for one portion of the book, it is far more work than one chapter. It is highly recommended to us to do a couple of single-chapter recordings in a normal group project before taking on something like a narrator role, a solo book, or being a book coordinator for a new group project.

Second, you'll need to do that 1-Minute Test thing before you record a section somewhere. Did you receive a welcome email? It should have a link in it for that. If not, shoot me a message, and I'll find the link and send it to you. :) It's not really a test at all, but a simple short recording to make sure your system is set up with the proper technical specs for LibriVox files.

Very good to have you on board! Hope to cross paths again.
~Lynette * - no computer access until Friday or Saturday
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
jameschristopher

Thank you Lynette. I joined LibriVox specifically for this book. It is my life time favorite book and hope I can contribute some how. I got a the welcome email and think i can get a sample submitted.
Last edited by jameschristopher on June 11th, 2020, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

benderca wrote: June 10th, 2020, 11:25 am Maximilien Morrel + all Chapter 40:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_maximilianmorrel_040.flac

...more to come soon, :D
TJ
Thanks!
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

harryson wrote: June 11th, 2020, 2:24 pm Hi MaryAnn

Sorry about the delay getting set up here. I'm ready to go pending your test review.

I'm using a pop filter over a Samson C01 mic, into a Behringer Xenix Q1202 mixer, then into a Mac Powerbook. The file is recorded in Audacity 2.4.1 and is unedited. Look forward to your comments.

Thanks, harryson.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/test_harryson.mp3

Hi,
First MaryAnn is the MC of this project, which means she's the admin that's holdin down the technical part, which is more like a silent partner. I'm the BC, which means I'm the Book Choordinator, and the one setting the project up. I also happen to have some great help in Linny, who's signed up for the editing, and a couple of other long time LV'ers that jump in here nd there;)

Second, you need to post your test in this forum: viewforum.php?f=21
They'll help you with everything there:)
Kristin

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Thank you, LCaulkin and Twinkle, and Welcome, JamesCristopher! As they've said, you need to finish the 1 minute test first, just to make sure the specs are right. Unfortunatly, right now I am holding narrator vol 5 for someone else who is also and also doing their test. That means that right now, the only think left available are the support roles, which you can chose several from.
I'll PM you about it:)
Kristin

jameschristopher

:shock:
Last edited by jameschristopher on June 12th, 2020, 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
harryson

Post by harryson »

Kristen,

My apologies - I wasn't 100% clear on that upload (and other) protocols.
Thanks for your reply, I'm looking forward to getting started.

harryson
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

:)You need to post the test here: viewforum.php?f=21
Kristin

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

harryson wrote: June 12th, 2020, 11:35 am Kristen,

My apologies - I wasn't 100% clear on that upload (and other) protocols.
Thanks for your reply, I'm looking forward to getting started.

harryson
:thumbs:
Kristin

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

(super excited to see motivated people joining this project) :)
~Lynette * - no computer access until Friday or Saturday
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
adrianstephens

Post by adrianstephens »

adrianstephens wrote: April 6th, 2020, 9:22 am
adrianstephens wrote: March 5th, 2020, 2:57 am
Kristingj wrote: February 17th, 2020, 1:13 am
Magistrate 2[/b] - You have read the part of Notary 2, which is allready read by someone else, and haven't read the lines of the Magistrate at the end of the chapter.

Oops. Sorry about that. Here's the correct lines: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_magistrate2_96.flac
length 0:31.
BC - ping. The MW has not been updated.
Double ping.
My Librivox-related YouTube series starts here: Part 0: Introduction. https://youtu.be/pMHYycgA5VU
Part 15: Case Study (Poem) https://youtu.be/41sr_VC1Qxo
Part 16: Case Study 2 (Dramatic Reading) https://youtu.be/GBIAd469vnM
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

adrianstephens wrote: June 16th, 2020, 7:29 am
adrianstephens wrote: April 6th, 2020, 9:22 am
adrianstephens wrote: March 5th, 2020, 2:57 am

Oops. Sorry about that. Here's the correct lines: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/montecristo_magistrate2_96.flac
length 0:31.
BC - ping. The MW has not been updated.
Double ping.
Hmm, don't know how I kept missing it, but it's updated now:)
Kristin

jameschristopher

well I think I graduated viewtopic.php?f=21&t=80772&p=1735780#p1735780 Now I'd like to claim the part of Rita's father chapter 33
and Martia chapter 34