Intro

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
dvdmon

Post by dvdmon »

Hello!

I just heard about Librivox on Future Tense and came by your site. I think it's a great idea! I've been a member of Audible.com for about five years now and love audio books. In the last year, though, I've become increasingly obsessed with podcasts and so haven't been able to read nearly as many.

A few years back I even toyed with asking Audible about whether they could use a freelance narrator. I found mispronunciations in some of the content a bit annoying. Of course, most of their content is done by professional readers, actors, etc. I think there's some great talant out there that isn't professional per se. I think I'd like to give it a try myself, especially if the chapter or story is relatively short. I assume that as with anything else, the more you do it, the better you get. I've never tried this myself, but I do read a lot to my wife, so it wouldn't be a completely alien thing.

Anyway, looking forward to listening to some of the content that's been completed as well as helping out!
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Welcome to LibriVox, and hope you'll enjoy the recording as much as the listening!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

Oh, good to hear that we're already getting some interest from the Future Tense interview which can be found at this link: http://www.publicradio.org/columns/futuretense/ .... the interview seems to be in RealAudio, so maybe someone could convert it to an mp3 so the rest of us can listen to it too...
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

Welcome to LibriVox!
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman