[ITALIAN] Clelia: il governo dei preti by Giuseppe Garibaldi

Deutsch, Español, Français, Nederlands, Polski, Português, 日本語 ...
Merione

Post by Merione »

I'd like to read, in a solo or collaborative project, the first novel by Giuseppe Garibaldi, "Clelia: il governo dei preti", written in Italian and published in 1870. I've already found the text on Gutenberg, so we don't have problems about PD.
It's a novel written mostly because Garibaldi was in lack of money and so he needed to earn some money to live, so it's not very complex, but I think that it could be interesting due to the ideas against the clergy that he expresses.
If the community agrees, I can start reading even tomorrow :) Just let me know :)
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I understand you're talking about this work? http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/7151
It looks OK both from LV standpoint (being on PG) and from EU copyright standpoint (Garibaldi having died over 70 years ago) so there's no probem here. :)
I can see that you've already read some short pieces for collections. Good :) This means that you're familiar with the procedures. This is important because as a soloist you'll have a high degree of independence which means that it's good to know how things work.
You don't really need any sort of authorisation from us - just go to the "Lauch Pad" section, select the "Start a new project" thread, click on the link in the first post and fill in the template. Then copy the code and paste it to a new thread in the Lauch Pad section.

If you feel unsure about soloing a work, watch Phil's video for first-time soloists (they can be found in the "Need Help?" section at the very top). There should also be something about soloing a work in our wiki. (none of it Italian, though, I'm afraid). And of course, there's always the forum to browse and people willing to answer all the questions :)

Have fun :)

EDIT: I've just noticed that you wrote "or as a collaborative project". BCing a group work is a bit more complicated and we suggest that in such cases the role of the BC should be taken by someone who already has more experience with LV procedures, because such a person also has to handle interactions with other readers and has to know what to do in certain situations that may arise. If you'd like to lanuch it as a group project, I'd suggest you ask some more experienced Italian reader to be the BC. Of course, you'd be alble to claim sections in such a project as well :)
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Merione

Post by Merione »

Yes, that's the work I was talking about :)
I've read some short poems in the collection for the 9th anniversary of LV, and I'm BCing a solo project about short poetry. Now I'd like to try also some prose and I found this work that seems perfect: there are a lot of chapters (76!) but they are quite short, so I think that I can manage them easily. Thank you for the good information :) Maybe I'll wait that my other solo project goes on more before starting also this one :)