Post by fiddlesticks »

Thank you!
~Tiffany
Peppersnoodles93

Post by Peppersnoodles93 »

jrob1385 wrote:Chapter 11 complete!

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/seaboardparish_11_macdonald.mp3
Duration: 17:01
Wonderful recording! This fathers simple faith and loved for God in his response toward his daughter really reminded me of the simplicity of Jesus and of the calm assurance of his love and guidance. Thanks for reading. Pl ok!
~Kim
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

I marked it pl ok, since you must not have been able to or forgot :wink:
~Tiffany
Peppersnoodles93

Chapter 12 PL notes:

Great recording! I think a little something important got trimmed out when editing:

@ 9:30 "At the station we found Weir waiting to see us off, with my sister, now in wonderful health." the "th" to "health" got trimmed off and sounds like "hell." Maybe you can trim a "th" off something and plug that bit in...

Thank you!
~Kim
jrob1385

Post by jrob1385 »

Thanks, Kim—good catch!

I think I've fixed it by amplifying the "th" sound (it was there, but very quiet).

Let me know what you think: https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/seaboardparish_12_macdonald.mp3
Peppersnoodles93

jrob1385 wrote:Thanks, Kim—good catch!

I think I've fixed it by amplifying the "th" sound (it was there, but very quiet).

Let me know what you think: https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/seaboardparish_12_macdonald.mp3
Thanks for fixing that so speedily. It's a bit stronger but faintly. I don't think that's a big deal, so I'll mark it PL OK :D
~Kim
jrob1385

Post by jrob1385 »

Thanks, Kim! :) I'll keep "th" and "sh" sounds in mind going forward—I've noticed them coming across too quiet myself. It's a bit of a struggle, because something I can hear perfectly fine in my headphones might not come across to someone listening on speakers or earbuds.
Peppersnoodles93

jrob1385 wrote:Thanks, Kim! :) I'll keep "th" and "sh" sounds in mind going forward—I've noticed them coming across too quiet myself. It's a bit of a struggle, because something I can hear perfectly fine in my headphones might not come across to someone listening on speakers or earbuds.
Hehe yep! I listened to another man who had the same thing going on. Those endings were soft and I could barely hear them. I had to ask him about them also. But that's just your personal reading style, so it's not at all distracting, you're great to listen to. I just wanted to point that out because without the "th" on that word, it could sound really...umm.. not good ;)

Thanks so much! Look forward to hearing more of your readings!
~Kim
Bassaga

Post by Bassaga »

Hey there! I'd really like to try section 4, if I may.

I'm in the process of a pretty short role for one of the plays on here, which will be my first recording (besides my 1min test). So I'm not what you'd call experienced, and I'd probably wait until I got my first 50-word reading proof listened before diving half-blind into a 4000 word one. But that should be quite soon, and I'm interested enough in this that I thought I'd just ask about it now!

One question ahead of time, just in case you take me on board: there's no google doc for this, right? Just the Gutenberg link? I made a poor start in another thread by not initially finding that doc, but I sure don't see one here either. If I'm reading from the link, then, and the last paragraph in chapter 4 starts with, "I know nothing more about anything till I in the morning..." should I go ahead and change that to "till I woke in the morning" or ought one rather stick strictly with what's written, even if it seems to be a mistake?
"In this world... you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart; I recommend pleasant."
Elwood P. Dowd, "Harvey"
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

You may certainly have section 4!
Everyone is new and inexperienced at one point :wink:
Yup, just read from Gutenberg. And Go ahead and change that last sentence how you suggested, that makes a lot more sense! It is great to hear your enthusiasm :D
~Tiffany
geoffbl

Post by geoffbl »

Hi could I please take chapter 14?

Many thanks
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Chapter 14 is yours!
~Tiffany
Bassaga

Post by Bassaga »

"A twenty minute reading? Pfft. Gimme 30 minutes and I'll have this baby ready to upload."
...and here I am a week later. THAT was an educational experience! Anyway, here's section 4. Let me know if it works!

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/seaboardparish_04_macdonald.mp3
19:15
"In this world... you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart; I recommend pleasant."
Elwood P. Dowd, "Harvey"