Post by craigdav1 »

2 PL OK.
msfry

Post by msfry »

craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

3 PL OK.

Just curious, but do you record the voices of each character separately and then edited them together or do you read it straight through and switch voices as you go?
msfry

Post by msfry »

craigdav1 wrote:do you record the voices of each character separately and then edited them together or do you read it straight through and switch voices as you go?
So far I switch voices as I go, but in future chapters with lots of dialogue, less narration, and more characters to keep track of, I may do it as a dramatic work. I'm just now getting the hang of that, working on the Tom Sawyer project.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hi, just checking in. I haven't forgotten my project, but 2014 has opened with calamity and stress. In January my husband got very ill and spent 15 days in Intensive Care, concurrent with my dog going missing and me in tears searching for her every day (still not found). Add to that arranging getting my 94 year old mother moved from Florida to Louisiana into assisted living. And all this with a twisted knee (resulting in a torn meniscus) and going to Physical Therapy 3 times per week myself. Whew!

I tried to record some but my voice doesn't sound normal. Hopefully my team won't desert me before my life normalizes. I just need some time. Meanwhile, I miss ya'll.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Family (and you) first. LV can wait.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Chapters 4 and 5 have been uploaded. Note, in the Gutenberg text Chapter V is mis-labeled as a second Chapter IV. Audio corrects the error.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/clansman_04_dixon_128kb.mp3
Run Time: 31:08

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/clansman_05_dixon_128kb.mp3
Run Time: 8:13
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

4-5 PL OK.
msfry

Post by msfry »

msfry

Post by msfry »

craigdav1 wrote:4-5 PL OK.
Wow! That was quick! Thanks, Dave. I had a spurt of energy and hope it lasts awhile, at least thru the end of Book 1. But I still have a lot to do getting my Mom settled and not sure what surprises might pop up. Any feedback and encouragement to spur me on would be helpful.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

6 PL OK. I'm really interested in this book. Glad you're doing it..and pleased to help. Hope it brings you pleasure to record it.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Chapter 7 has been uploaded. This concludes Book 1 on Lincoln's Assassination and the national hysteria it caused. I doubt I did this horror much justice, but I did my best.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/clansman_07_dixon_128kb.mp3
Run Time: 16:39
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

7 PL OK. It certainly affected me!
WYSIWYG

Post by WYSIWYG »

How about some unsolicited encouragement? :D

I loveloveLOVE how you started this off with your book description. Thanks for taking tge project on. It's so important!!!

~Susan
Vision issues and routine, long travel make audbiobooks a MUST for me-- THANK YOU. Apologies in advance for ypto's in my posts.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Book 2, Chapter 1 has been uploaded. And now we get to what Dixon claims motivated Thaddeus Stevens ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thaddeus_Stevens), "The Old Commoner", in the book fictitiously named "Stoneman". Was Stevens really this much of a Lincoln opponent, such a selfish, savage rogue out to destroy the white South, as this book claims? Tommy Lee Jones plays the part in Spielberg's Lincoln, which I ordered on DVD today. I figure Spielberg and Jones must have researched the character pretty thoroughly.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/clansman_08_dixon_128kb.mp3
Run Time: 16:30