[COMPLETE]Grandma Knight's Tales by Various - annise

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

LadyKnightWriter wrote:Annise...Intro says Section 2 of Grandma Knight's Tales, this librivox recording is in the public domain. Grandmother by Hans Christian Anderson... Ending says ...End of "Grandmother", recording by Deborah Knight, October 24th, 2013. Is that ok for all mid sections? (With corresponding section #s and Titles, dates, etc)
Yes that would be fine :D

Anne
LadyKnightWriter

Post by LadyKnightWriter »

For every positive thought, there is a positive action available:-)
chaya

Post by chaya »

This could use a second of trimming - you have an extra second before the beginning. Also, I think it would be benefited by being run through a noise cleaner - there is some static.
LadyKnightWriter

Ok I will see what I can do. The noise I think is from my PC fan and until I can figure it out there doesn't seem to be much I can do :( . The following has been run through two noise filters and still..it's not perfect but maybe good enough?

http://librivox.org/uploads/annise/grandmaknightstales_03_tinyorthumbelina.mp3 (00:29:39)
Last edited by LadyKnightWriter on October 31st, 2013, 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
LadyKnightWriter

Here is Grandmother, cropped and run through a second noise filter program. Hope it helps.

http://librivox.org/uploads/annise/grandmaknightstales_02_grandmother.mp3 (00:05:44)
LadyKnightWriter

LadyKnightWriter

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I thought we had sorted this all out - the files are OK, but they are not from the book you said in the first post
That is OK - but I must have a public domain text for each of your stories , I can not catalogue them without knowing that the version you are reading is PD
If it is going to be from a number of sources you must tell me the Title, the author given and the ettext you have used for each story
I know the first one , but all the others I need to have

Anne
LadyKnightWriter

First book was just Grimm Bros. These are Hans Christian. Meant to post link...got tired and forgot. :oops:

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/27200/27200-h/27200-h.htm
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Thanks - it really is important we know they are PD , because people can claim copyright on their versions ( for a really horrible example of that see Walt Disney :D ) and we will have to take the recordings down which is very sad when it happens.

Anne
chaya

Post by chaya »

Ok, I thought you have to say the author in the beginning of the text?
Part 4, you left out the name of the author in the beginning and you didn't put it any time at the end of the recording. Section 2 could use some time too, so I'm changing it to PL notes.
LadyKnightWriter

annise wrote:Thanks - it really is important we know they are PD , because people can claim copyright on their versions ( for a really horrible example of that see Walt Disney :D ) and we will have to take the recordings down which is very sad when it happens.

Anne
Yes, Anne, I remember how important that is. Just remember it's been awhile for me here and I have forgotten some things. Most of it is coming back though.

chaya,

The following is copied from 1st post so I didn't think it necessary that author go in the beginning? (It is at the end though) I will add time to the endings on those two and watch for it in future. Other than that are they ok before I try and edit? I can't see window or any notes.

START of recording (Intro):
"section [number] of Grandma Knight's tales. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Say:
"story name, by author. "

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
"Section[number] of Grandma Knight's tales. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Only if applicable, say:
"[Story name]"
LadyKnightWriter

chaya wrote:Ok, I thought you have to say the author in the beginning of the text?
Part 4, you left out the name of the author in the beginning and you didn't put it any time at the end of the recording. Section 2 could use some time too, so I'm changing it to PL notes.
However, my previous post may apply only when it's the same author? :hmm: I haven't done a various solo before so I'm not sure. It IS in there but let me know if it HAS to be at beginning. Live and learn.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'm not sure for Grimm and Andersen it matters much
Personally if you have ever read a proper translation of Grimm it is definitely not child friendly :D
So lets leave it as is - everyone knows which are which.

Anne