[COMPLETE]Grandma Knight's Tales by Various - annise

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LadyKnightWriter

Post by LadyKnightWriter »

Grandma Knight's Tales by Various.

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/grandma-knights-tales-by-various/

Grandma Knight's Tales* includes stories that provide entertainment and, hopefully, some moral learning to small listeners. A special dedication goes out to the narrators own grandchildren, by whom this book was inspired. "Merry Christmas to my Bucket, Stuff, Jo-Jo, Buster Brown Eyes, and little Curly...grandma loves you! And a very Merry Christmas to children all over the world! Enjoy!" (Deborah Knight, December 2013) Created to inspire an early love for reading, writing, and literary works it includes the following stories...

1.) Briar Rose 2.) Grandmother 3.) Tiny or Thumbelina 4.) The Old Man and his Grandson 5.) She Was Good for Nothing 6.) The Emperor's New Suit 7.) Jack and the Beanstalk 8.) Little Red Riding Hood 9.) The Brownies and 10.) The Three Bears

*This book was created for the sole purpose of children everywhere to be able to listen and enjoy for FREE! It is not intended to be used for financial profit.

• Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/files/2591/2591-h/2591-h.htm#link2H_4_0008
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

• Project Code: lZzmBPyv
    • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): ( Jacob & Wilhelm Grimm) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brothers_Grimm
    • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
    • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 10
    • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
    • Original publication date (if known):
    • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:

============================================

Genres for the project: Short Stories; Children's Fiction

Keywords that describe the book: Children, Stories, Tales, Fairytales, ebook, audio, librivox, free

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "section [number] of Grandma Knight's tales. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "story name, by author. "

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Section[number] of Grandma Knight's tales. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Story name]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [story name]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Grandma Knight's Tales"

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename grandmaknightstales_##_various_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. grandmaknightstales_01_various_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: various
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: grandmaknightstales

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: http://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: annise
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below

I hope I am doing this right? I want to record a collection of about 10 children's stories in one collection if that's possible? Thought I'd start with Briar Rose.
Last edited by LadyKnightWriter on December 12th, 2013, 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
For every positive thought, there is a positive action available:-)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Hello
When you are ready sound wise I am happy to MC this- but I can't set it up for you without more information . If you are only doing one story , you can put it in the children's short works but if as you say at the bottom you are planning to do a number in a collection, I need to know a few things before hand
Firstly I need to know how many you are planning to do. It doesn't need to be exact
Secondly I need a name for this collection so we can get file names etc that work

Anne
LadyKnightWriter

Thanks! Great to "see" you again. I am planning to record 10 for the collection. As far as a name..I really don't know what to call it...do I use my name? Like Children's Stories by Deborah Knight...or Children's Classic Stories? I've recorded Briar Rose already...mainly to test sound and get re-familiarized with it all. I'm going to upload 2 files to put here and maybe you can tell me which sounds better or what might need changed? One was just using Audacity and other was tweaked with Auphonic. (I forgot how hard it can be to get it all right). But....also enjoyable :) I'm still using tests MC cause not sure if I should use yours yet.

http://librivox.org/uploads/tests/knightdeborah_briarrose.mp3

I'll check but they should sound different. If I remember right, I can still edit files if need be by somehow opening them with Audacity right? Just don't remember how. I'm beat but I'll check back asap.
Update: I deleted one of them since they were the same.
Last edited by LadyKnightWriter on October 23rd, 2013, 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LadyKnightWriter

Those two sounded just alike so I renamed this one. It SHOULD sound different :oops:

http://librivox.org/uploads/tests/knightdeborah_briarrosegrimm.mp3

Ok..now they are different so I'm wondering which one is closest to right? This one or one in previous post?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I can't listen at the moment

Are the 10 stories going to all be Grimm
Favourite Stories by Grimm (or various)
Deborah's tales for Children
Deborah's Storytime tales / bedtime tales / fairy tales
If you are called Debbie you could use that instead
Some or none of the above

Anne
LadyKnightWriter

Actually I don't know yet if they will all be Grimm but most likely not...was thinking maybe a title like "Grandma's Tales by Deborah Knight" ....since I'm doing this project mainly b/c my grandkids love listening to these...and really like to hear mine lol...so, hopefully other kids can enjoy as well. Planning to get the older ones ereaders for Xmas and have this book pre-loaded where they can easily find it ...which will lead to others and encourage reading :D In fact, one of them will most likely BE a reader in time. I really want to get my background noise down to zero..I've heard many other recordings that are totally silent and reading clear. But, I guess mean time I need to hope for good enough. Also, if I begin to run out of time or anything, I've recorded a few from Children's Short Works, Vol. 011 ...5 there that we could maybe add here too? Hansel and Gretel seems to be the favorite from that collection.

Here's the link http://librivox.org/childrens-short-works-vol-011-by-various/
LadyKnightWriter

Sorry, Annise...guess I wasn't supposed to post these links here? :oops: If you think one of the links to Briar Rose is good enough I'll upload putting you as MC. Just waiting to see what you want me to do next. Meanwhile, I'll search for next story to add.
LadyKnightWriter

Is it ok to add a dedication to someone like at the end of the story recording or no? Like...Read by Deborah Knight, dedicated to Kelsey Lynn? And also, for the cover photo...do I need to use a pre-made one or can I make my own? Sorry, I know I'm bombarding you with questions :oops:
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

How about bombarding me with answers , so we actually have a project
And you have a file name so you can upload files
And can get a proof listener ?

So - a title please - the by has to be the author or various if they will be from different authors
So "Grandma Deborah's tales " maybe ? just edit the first post to enter what you chose , and change the number of sections from 1 to what you think. Then I will edit the file names to match and get you started

Anne
LadyKnightWriter

I did put the title in the right place I think? I changed files to 10 and are the keywords appropriate? I uploaded the following with you as MC so went ahead and changed file name. I don't know if you will need to change it again but it helps me keep track on this end.

http://librivox.org/uploads/annise/grandmaknightstales_01_briarrose_128kb.mp3

I do tend to put the cart before the horse but I'm just excited about the project. Now what?

UPDATE: I just realized I might need to change the intro here to include "Grandms Knight's tales?
LadyKnightWriter

Here it is with that added to intro but I couldn't figure out how to add 5 seconds to beginning without redoing whole thing :( Still...I hope this helps.

http://librivox.org/uploads/annise/grandmaknightstales_01_briarrose_128kb.mp3 (00:10:22) (973 kb)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I've added it to the MW and put up the banner for a dpl ( the tilde ~ in the heading)
I'll show you how to use the MW when things have settled down a bit.

I'll work my way through your questions - we have a rule that no recording will be catalogued in more than one project so we can't add your previous ones.

You can make a cover if you want

more later
LadyKnightWriter

Ok. Do you think it should be titled Grandma Knight's Tales by Various Authors? Not sure if it matters but thought might sound better.Once we get going I'd like to add Grandmother... by Hans Christian Anderson. Is it ok to add a dedication prologue type thing...like a dedication to my grand-kids, or not?
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

LadyKnightWriter wrote:Is it ok to add a dedication prologue type thing...like a dedication to my grand-kids, or not?
Sorry to butt in since it's not my project :) -- but as a mom of young kids, I thought I'd suggest that you talk to their parents before considering this. Librivox recordings go out freely onto the Internet with no restrictions; anyone can do anything with them. They are routinely sold by third parties on Ebay, for instance. Some parents might not want their children's names on something that will be spread worldwide without any constraints on how it can be used. Whether it's OK to add anything extra to the standard intro/ending is a separate question.
Laurie Anne
LadyKnightWriter

Duly noted and thanks for the input. Either way I'd not use their entire, or even real, names...I actually have nicknames for each of them. :wink: