What's a reasonable length for the Community Podcast?

Non-reading activities need your help too!

A reasonable/personally comfortable length for the Community Podcast?

10-15 min.
6%
15-20 min.
9%
20-25 mins.
9%
20-30 mins.
12%
30-45 mins.
15%
30-60 mins.
6%
Length as appropriate.
42%

Total votes: 33

kri

Post by kri »

Cloud Mountain wrote:
Thanks all. I have re-thought everything based on the input given today. In order for 016 to be entertaining, I have edited it down to 4 minutes and twelve seconds. It promises to be real good.
Oh, that's just too much. I'm on dial-up this week, and I just can't handle that.
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

kri wrote:
Cloud Mountain wrote:
Thanks all. I have re-thought everything based on the input given today. In order for 016 to be entertaining, I have edited it down to 4 minutes and twelve seconds. It promises to be real good.
Oh, that's just too much. I'm on dial-up this week, and I just can't handle that.
I'm sorry I didn't realize you sent this in last week. I hope your dial-up is still not working on downloading the 4:20 file. (It might be very slow.) I have a Special Edition of the entire podcast in which the FULL podcast has been fit into a file of 18 seconds of sound. The only problem with it is that you have to be VERY attentive to catch everything. On the positive side, when doing this, Audacity does not change the pitch. The voices speak at a normal pitch (only very, very quickly.) Please let me know if you'd like the file.

Wait! I just got a brainstorm. I'll put it at the very, very end of Podcast 17, after the final credits. (You might try reversing the process on Audacity again.)
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=254]Alan's LV catalog[/url]
kri

Post by kri »

Cloud Mountain wrote:
kri wrote:
Cloud Mountain wrote:
I'm sorry I didn't realize you sent this in last week. I hope your dial-up is still not working on downloading the 4:20 file. (It might be very slow.) I have a Special Edition of the entire podcast in which the FULL podcast has been fit into a file of 18 seconds of sound. The only problem with it is that you have to be VERY attentive to catch everything. On the positive side, when doing this, Audacity does not change the pitch. The voices speak at a normal pitch (only very, very quickly.) Please let me know if you'd like the file.

Wait! I just got a brainstorm. I'll put it at the very, very end of Podcast 17, after the final credits. (You might try reversing the process on Audacity again.)
Oh now you can make it as long as you want. I've got DSL now, and who cares how it downloads for everyone else.
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

kri wrote:Oh now you can make it as long as you want. I've got DSL now, and who cares how it downloads for everyone else.
Chuckle. (I think we can keep this up forever!)
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=254]Alan's LV catalog[/url]
kri

Post by kri »

Cloud Mountain wrote:
kri wrote:Oh now you can make it as long as you want. I've got DSL now, and who cares how it downloads for everyone else.
Chuckle. (I think we can keep this up forever!)
Oh, I'm just getting started!

Ok...maybe not.