[COMPLETE]Baseball Joe of the Silver Stars by L. Chadwick-kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
DACSoft

Post by DACSoft »

Baseball Joe of the Silver Stars by Lester Chadwick .

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/baseball-joe-of-the-silver-stars-by-howard-r-garis/
"Baseball Joe" Matson has recently moved to Riverside with his family, in this opening volume of Baseball Joe series. Joe is a wide-awake country boy who enjoys playing baseball. We follow his career in the series, and his adventures, as he joins Riverside's local nine and makes good, playing the position he most enjoys - that of pitcher, are recounted here. When not on the diamond, Joe is assisting his father against foes who are trying to steal Mr. Matson's machinery patents.

Lester Chadwick is one of dozens of house pseudonyms created by the Stratemeyer Syndicate in the early to mid 1900's, to "author" children's series. Contract writers (whose identities were to remain unknown under tight secrecy) were hired to write the books in the series under the various names, usually multiple writers contributing volumes to a particular series. Howard R. Garis (1873-1962) is thought to have solely ghost-written the 14-volume Baseball Joe series. (Summary by Donald Cummings)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/37056
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    Genres for the project: Sports Fiction; Children's Fiction/Action & Adventure

Keywords that describe the book: fiction, sports, baseball, juvenile

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Baseball Joe of the Silver Stars, or The Rivals of Riverside, published 1912. - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Say:
      " Baseball Joe of the Silver Stars , by Lester Chadwick . [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Baseball Joe of the Silver Stars by Lester Chadwick . This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Baseball Joe of the Silver Stars, or The Rivals of Riverside, by Lester Chadwick . "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename bballjoesilverstars_##_chadwick_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. bballjoesilverstars_01_chadwick_128kb.mp3).
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: Lester Chadwick
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: Baseball Joe of the Silver Stars

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
      http://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: kd - KiltedDragon
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by DACSoft on October 26th, 2013, 11:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
Don (DACSoft)
Bringing the Baseball Joe series to audio!

In Progress:
The Arrival of Jimpson; Baseball Joe in the World Series
Next up:
Two College Friends; Baseball Joe Around the World
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

I will MC this for you, Don. Will have the MW set up in a little bit.
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe
DACSoft

Post by DACSoft »

Barry,

Thanks for MCing this project. The ebook is actually one I produced for Project Gutenberg and Distributed Proofreaders.

I'm a newbie here, and this project is a "maiden voyage." I may have questions, and I'll do my best not to make this harder for you than it should be.

It looks like the MW is set up now. Can I go ahead and start filling in info? Also, some projects have a ~ in front of them, and I think I read it has to do with DPLs. Do I need to address this?

Any other comments or suggestions you have will be appreciated.
Don (DACSoft)

In Progress:
Next up:
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

DACSoft wrote:It looks like the MW is set up now. Can I go ahead and start filling in info? Also, some projects have a ~ in front of them, and I think I read it has to do with DPLs. Do I need to address this?

Any other comments or suggestions you have will be appreciated.
Yep, you can start filling in the info anytime. I have PMed you a link to the instructions for getting started with this.

The ~ is to let people know you are looking for a DPL for your project. I added it for you. I had to shorten the author name to have room for it. Once someone volunteers, just remove the ~ and you can put the author name back to normal.

I will leave the project in the Launch Pad while we look for a DPL. Even if one volunteers right away, I usually leave the project here for a few days so people can see what new projects there are.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Barry
My Recordings
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Go ahead and start posting chapters whenever you are ready, Don. If a DPL does not come along soon enough, I will start PLing them as I have time.
Barry
My Recordings
DACSoft

Post by DACSoft »

Before creating this project, I had claimed a section of another book as my first recording (to get my feet wet). It took a little longer than I expected, mainly because I'm learning the Audacity program and audio recording :) (and editing :( ) generally, but I sent that off yesterday.

I'm feeling more comfortable, and should begin posting chapters by this weekend (depending on how much editing is necessary). Thanks for the offer to PL if needed.
Don (DACSoft)

In Progress:
Next up:
DACSoft

Post by DACSoft »

Updated first post to include a better summary of the book and author.
Don (DACSoft)

In Progress:
Next up:
DACSoft

Post by DACSoft »

Well, we are out of the gate. :clap:

Chapter 1 is ready for PL. (11:56)
Don (DACSoft)

In Progress:
Next up:
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

I'd like to sign on as DPL if one is still needed.

Laura
Laura
DACSoft

Post by DACSoft »

lvictoria wrote:I'd like to sign on as DPL if one is still needed.

Laura
Thank you. Great to have you DPL. Beware though. This is my first solo and Chapter 1 is my second ever recording, so I'm still learning the ropes. :)
Don (DACSoft)

In Progress:
Next up:
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

Welcome to Librivox, which I'm sure you have probably already been warned is highly addictive, and congratulations on the beginning of your very first solo. You obviously are a quick study because I couldn't find any issues with chapter one except that it's PL OK!! Settings were all correct, sound quality is terrific, as is your narration. I'm looking forward to the rest of the book. :)

I'll update the MW as soon as the Dragon Boss comes by and gives me the DPL key to magically gain access to it.
Laura
DACSoft

Post by DACSoft »

I *think* I can change the status, based on your post, until you get the access. I'll try it.

ETA: It worked!
Don (DACSoft)

In Progress:
Next up:
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

Thanks so much, Don.
Laura
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Was away for the long weekend (and am on the road too, currently in Kansas City again). Laura is now added as DPL.
Barry
My Recordings
DACSoft

Post by DACSoft »

Chapter 2 is up for PL. (13:09)

Looks like about a chapter a week until I get better/quicker at editing. :)
Don (DACSoft)

In Progress:
Next up: